Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with elevated blood creatinine levels? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Sunshine, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I have pain and feel extremely tired with elevated blood creatinine levels.

Comment from: Kia, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 21

I had some swelling in my lower limbs for a few days because of elevated blood creatinine levels.

Comment from: Mary, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 28

With elevated blood creatinine levels, I have nausea, vomiting, dizziness, muscle spasms, sweating, chest pain, weakness, fatigue, itchy skin, loss of appetite, and swelling.

Comment from: SJKarlin, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 08

I have been carrying higher than normal creatinine blood levels for years. My latest was 179. I have no symptoms and no diabetes. My PSA runs unusually high, often in double digits and once verified 3 times at 99. I have no prostate issues either. I am going on the probability that for me, the creatinine level for me just runs high. Best of luck to all!

Comment from: esscube, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: April 27

My creatinine level is 7.6 and I am on dialysis, but feel no symptoms before or after treatment. Also I have no other symptoms other than feeling tired sometimes. I am 82 years old.

Comment from: Billo, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 28

Initially I was told that I had gout. Then I told them to do a kidney function test. With my elevated blood creatinine levels I was informed that I had chronic kidney disease. It took my complaints to get the right diagnosis. Some doctors think that they know everything. It is my body, I have been in it for over 70 years. No one knows more than I do about me.

Comment from: Daisyous, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: November 26

My father is suffering with elevated blood creatinine levels. I knew just two days ago that my father's serum creatinine level is 1.7, and near my town a doctor prescribed medicine for 3 months, but we bought medicine for 1 month. Now I am worried that he might have some problem with his kidneys.

Comment from: Jesse, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 10

I was seen in the emergency room for kidney infection with elevated blood creatinine levels. I am diabetic, and was admitted to the hospital. I was there approximately 5 to 6 days on IV antibiotics and went home with antibiotics. I finished that course and in 8 to 10 days I was readmitted to the hospital with another kidney infection. I stayed 5 days, IV antibiotics, finished course with pills at home. Six days after finishing that course, another kidney infection. I am taking Bactrim currently.

Comment from: briggy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 31

My creatinine levels have been around 6 and after test have gone up slightly. The doctor had me stop taking hydrochlorothiazide and I will see him next week.

Comment from: TJREDDY, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 21

I have done serum creatine test and the result shows 1.4mg/dl. I am suffering from psoriatic arthritis.

Comment from: sokchar, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 15

I have a blood tested and found the creatine in my urine is 1.5 mg/dl and also have protein in my urine. I also have blood pressure and use the pill to control the blood pressure as advised by the doctor. My protein in urine decreased this month but my creatine increased from 1.3 to 1.5. I am really afraid about kidney disease and visited the doctor and he gave me the pill to control the high blood pressure and also the pill to support the kidney.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter