Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Test - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with elevated blood creatinine levels? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Mary, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 28

With elevated blood creatinine levels, I have nausea, vomiting, dizziness, muscle spasms, sweating, chest pain, weakness, fatigue, itchy skin, loss of appetite, and swelling.

Comment from: SJKarlin, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 08

I have been carrying higher than normal creatinine blood levels for years. My latest was 179. I have no symptoms and no diabetes. My PSA runs unusually high, often in double digits and once verified 3 times at 99. I have no prostate issues either. I am going on the probability that for me, the creatinine level for me just runs high. Best of luck to all!

Comment from: esscube, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: April 27

My creatinine level is 7.6 and I am on dialysis, but feel no symptoms before or after treatment. Also I have no other symptoms other than feeling tired sometimes. I am 82 years old.

Comment from: briggy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 31

My creatinine levels have been around 6 and after test have gone up slightly. The doctor had me stop taking hydrochlorothiazide and I will see him next week.

Comment from: TJREDDY, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 21

I have done serum creatine test and the result shows 1.4mg/dl. I am suffering from psoriatic arthritis.

Comment from: sokchar, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 15

I have a blood tested and found the creatine in my urine is 1.5 mg/dl and also have protein in my urine. I also have blood pressure and use the pill to control the blood pressure as advised by the doctor. My protein in urine decreased this month but my creatine increased from 1.3 to 1.5. I am really afraid about kidney disease and visited the doctor and he gave me the pill to control the high blood pressure and also the pill to support the kidney.

Take the Kidney Disease Quiz