Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Level - Experience

Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels.

Comment from: Mercury Morris, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 08

My latest blood test showed a low creatinine level of 62 versus a normal range of 67-117. My eGFR reading was a healthy 98. I wonder if my creatinine low reading is telling me something. It is the first time I had a low reading. My blood pressure is below 130 over 80 on a consistent basis. I had just put in 5 hours working lifting about 200 boxes each weighing 30 to 40 lb. as part of my part time job for health reasons. This is something I will ask my health care provider later this week.

Comment from: BC, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: March 31

I have CK levels of up to 2000 when resting and even went up to 8000 without doing exercise, experiencing extreme pain in my quadriceps only, the rest of my legs are pain free and fully functional. I have done MRI of my spine and leg muscles, and aortogram looking at arteries. They have done over 1000 blood tests and muscle biopsy and still they have found no diagnosis.

Comment from: Angelmate, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 17

I had my left kidney removed many years ago and was told I'd be ok to live with just one kidney. However having had an incontinent bladder for most of my life caused many urinary tract infections (UTIs). I had bladder cancer and I thought that would be it, sadly I was wrong, I had new bladder reconstruction 3 years ago which went very wrong. Then last year I had a Mitrofanoff. All this time I have had chronic UTIs, now my kidney is getting worse and my creatine levels have gone from 110 to 150 and my latest one was 180. I know my function is deteriorating and I am told I am going into CKD (chronic kidney disease) stage 5 or 6, wonder if it will mean dialysis. Personally I hope so because I am frequently anemic and feel some hope.

Comment from: Concerned mom, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 03

My daughter recently spent 4 days in the hospital with severe right back pain and uncontrollable vomiting. As she was poked and prodded they found she has a kidney stone on her left kidney a polyp in her gallbladder, inflammation around her right kidney and ascending colon, and an enlarged thyroid. She has been a healthy active 15 year old. Her creatinine level started rising as high as 1.7 with no explanation or diagnosis!

Comment from: Mom47, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 17

Annual BMP showed creatinine level was below normal (.56) and BUN was 9. I am a 47 year old Caucasian woman. My doctor told me that creatinine was a waste product produced by the kidneys and the low levels meant that my kidneys were functioning above average. Just a little concerned as my brother had a kidney removed due to cancer.

Comment from: somnath, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 29

My creatinine level is 1.30 mg/ml. One of my kidneys was damaged in 2015 and after operation removed. I have only one kidney present in my body at the moment.

Comment from: Eli, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 19

I exercise regularly and am told I am in extraordinary physical condition. My creatinine level is 1.26.

Creatinine Blood Test - Results Question: Why did your healthcare professional want to check your creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Test - Normal Levels Question: Were your creatinine blood test results higher than normal levels? If so, what was the diagnosis and what action was taken to lower the creatinine levels?
Creatinine Blood Test - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with elevated blood creatinine levels?