Patient Comments: Creatinine Blood Level - Experience

Please describe your experience with high or low creatinine blood levels. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Roland, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 25

I am in the drug court program. I was told I am a positive test for amphetamine due to my creatinine levels being a little high. I do have hepatitis C also. I have not used any drugs in 10 months. I wonder what could have caused this.

Comment from: mani, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 01

Recently my serum creatinine level has shot up to 5.8. Presently I am under the medical care of a nephrologist.

Comment from: Mercury Morris, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 08

My latest blood test showed a low creatinine level of 62 versus a normal range of 67-117. My eGFR reading was a healthy 98. I wonder if my creatinine low reading is telling me something. It is the first time I had a low reading. My blood pressure is below 130 over 80 on a consistent basis. I had just put in 5 hours working lifting about 200 boxes each weighing 30 to 40 lb. as part of my part time job for health reasons. This is something I will ask my health care provider later this week.

Comment from: BC, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: March 31

I have CK levels of up to 2000 when resting and even went up to 8000 without doing exercise, experiencing extreme pain in my quadriceps only, the rest of my legs are pain free and fully functional. I have done MRI of my spine and leg muscles, and aortogram looking at arteries. They have done over 1000 blood tests and muscle biopsy and still they have found no diagnosis.

Comment from: Angelmate, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 17

I had my left kidney removed many years ago and was told I'd be ok to live with just one kidney. However having had an incontinent bladder for most of my life caused many urinary tract infections (UTIs). I had bladder cancer and I thought that would be it, sadly I was wrong, I had new bladder reconstruction 3 years ago which went very wrong. Then last year I had a Mitrofanoff. All this time I have had chronic UTIs, now my kidney is getting worse and my creatine levels have gone from 110 to 150 and my latest one was 180. I know my function is deteriorating and I am told I am going into CKD (chronic kidney disease) stage 5 or 6, wonder if it will mean dialysis. Personally I hope so because I am frequently anemic and feel some hope.

Comment from: Boushi, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 08

My creatinine level is 1.18 I am not sure if that is good or bad.

Comment from: Worried, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 07

I have a creatinine level of 200 mg, I wonder if it is high.

Comment from: [email protected], 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: May 01

My creatinine is 3.5, blood group b positive and hemoglobin 8.7.

Comment from: Mary covington, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: April 26

My creatinine levels were 0.17, I don't know if that is good.

Comment from: Concerned mom, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 03

My daughter recently spent 4 days in the hospital with severe right back pain and uncontrollable vomiting. As she was poked and prodded they found she has a kidney stone on her left kidney a polyp in her gallbladder, inflammation around her right kidney and ascending colon, and an enlarged thyroid. She has been a healthy active 15 year old. Her creatinine level started rising as high as 1.7 with no explanation or diagnosis!

Comment from: Mom47, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 17

Annual BMP showed creatinine level was below normal (.56) and BUN was 9. I am a 47 year old Caucasian woman. My doctor told me that creatinine was a waste product produced by the kidneys and the low levels meant that my kidneys were functioning above average. Just a little concerned as my brother had a kidney removed due to cancer.

Comment from: RajH, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 14

I am about 59 years and healthy. I"ve had a Lap cholecystectomy and TURP (transurethral resection of the prostate) in December 2012. Recently during a routine blood screening my serum creatinine levels were at 77 which is a little lower than the normal reference levels.

Comment from: Pegzie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 24

I just had a blood work done up for some life insurance. I had a creatinine level come back at 101.6 mg/dl. This seems high, but I'm not sure.

Comment from: Kia, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 21

My creatinine blood level is 4.5. I was told I would have to start dialysis. I wonder if I should start that procedure with a 4.5 level.

Comment from: Sean, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 13

I am 63. Just yesterday I received the results of my blood analysis. It indicates that creatinine level is 10.30 mg/L. I don't know what it means. I don't really feel any particular ailment.

Comment from: robert, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: May 19

My sodium is low and I have a very bad headache. I just had lab tests done again today for it. My last lab test for creatinine was 0.58, low.

Comment from: kenny, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 12

My husband had kidney removed because of cancerous tumor. On January 1, 2015 they noticed a few tumors on the other kidney but did not remove it, but took a piece off and had it sent away for analysis. Three months later we were told his other kidney was also cancerous, and since March his creatinine level has risen 44 points and every month it goes higher, and his G level goes down. It is down to 34. Once this hits 30 is it a sign that his kidney is failing. They tell us a transplant is not going to happen because if they cut him the cancer will spread like wildfire, but they tell him not to worry.

Comment from: ZEBA, 25-34 (Patient) Published: February 10

I am 34 years old and my creatinine is 1.88. There is infection in urine and also protein level is high. I don't know what to do.

Comment from: 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: October 29

I just got my results back from my blood tests. The reports states creatinine serum as value 1.19, and reference range 0.57-1.00 mg/dl. BUN creatinine ratio is 15 and reference range 11-26. Sugar was mildly high also.

Comment from: S Kalea, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 06

I am diabetic patient type 2. My creatinine blood level was 1.2 my fating blood sugar (FBS) was 114 and my blood pressure was 164/100. I was advised to control my blood pressure and I should go for checkup within a month. I have got also a problem with gas.

Comment from: Harry T, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 02

I had one kidney removed because of a tumor. My other kidney is normal. Recent bold test showed a high level of creatinine ... 118.

Comment from: TODI, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 26

I have neuropathy in my feet, fatigue at times, depending on Prograf and sugar levels. After my lung transplant surgery 8 years ago my creatinine level moved from 1.5 to 2.1.

Comment from: Barb, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 03

Recently I was told I had CHF (congestive heart failure), now my blood pressure went to 90/48. My potassium and magnesium levels went low, and now creatinine level was 2.8. I already have diabetes type 2 well controlled, high blood pressure, and asthma.

Comment from: Johanna, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 23

My creatinine is 92 but I don't know what it means.

Comment from: Mike G., 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 12

My creatinine levels are 1.54, I don't know what that means.

Comment from: somnath, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 29

My creatinine level is 1.30 mg/ml. One of my kidneys was damaged in 2015 and after operation removed. I have only one kidney present in my body at the moment.

Comment from: Eli, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 19

I exercise regularly and am told I am in extraordinary physical condition. My creatinine level is 1.26.

Comment from: salahuddin, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 03

I have a BUN level of 22, creatine level of .92, and a GFR 60.

Comment from: Cowboy, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 03

I am a heart patient and I am an alcoholic, overweight, and take diuretics. I have high creatinine levels.

Comment from: 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 14

My creatinine level is low, 0.7.

Comment from: nturnor, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 23

I had a creatinine test today and it was 1.50.

Comment from: alim, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 11

I had routine blood work for surgery. My creatinine was .58 and it was highlighted. The range starts at .60, wonder if I have to worry.

Comment from: beth, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 06

I have 1.20 creatine level. I am on Tysabri for 7 years.

Comment from: K Snyder, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 02

My creatine is at 3.1. I am not diabetic.

Comment from: Creatinine, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 09

My child blood creatinine is 2.4 instead of 0.6 to 1.4 and blood urea is 75 instead of 10 to 40 for past 2 years. Now hameopathy medicine is taking. GFR level is poor.

Comment from: 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 29

I have been a diabetic patient for the past 15 years. Recently, I checked my creatinine level and found that it is 2.6 mg. As advised by my doctor, I took medication, but still the creatinine level stands at 2.6 mg.

Comment from: solfamorrillo, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

Recently, my creatine level tested at 0.60. I don't know what this means.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter