When you're feeling sick, it can be difficult to distinguish the symptoms of a COVID-19 infection from the symptoms of the common cold or the flu (influenza). While fever is common with the flu and COVID-19, sneezing is typically only associated with colds. Though sore throats are typical with colds, they are uncommon with COVID-19 infections and the flu. Read more: COVID-19 vs. Flu vs. Cold Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Cold, Flu, and Cough: 13 Foods to Eat When Fighting the Flu
The best foods to eat when you have the flu soothe symptoms and help you feel better faster. Good foods to eat with the flu...
Cold, Fever and Flu Symptoms in Children: Medications and Home Remedies
How long does a cold last? How long is a cold contagious? Colds and fevers are some of the most common ailments in children....
How to Get Rid of a Cold: Natural Remedies
What home remedies work to get rid of a cold fast? Many claim cold symptoms and flu symptoms can be relieved with Echinacea,...
Cold and Flu: Finding Fast Cough Relief
Remedies for coughing to relieve symptoms, thin mucus, and clear phlegm include cough syrup and honey in hot water. Use...
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Prevention Quiz
Why is coronavirus considered dangerous? What are the symptoms you should look for? Take this COVID-19 prevention quiz to learn...
How to Prevent the Common Cold
What home remedies work for the common cold? The common cold is arguably the most common human illness. Learn how long the common...
Common Cold Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take this quiz to learn the truth behind the infectious, contagious, uncomfortable disease known as the common cold. Test your...
Cold & Flu Quiz: Influenza vs. Common Cold
Aches? Pain? Fever? This Cold & Flu Quiz tests your knowledge on the difference between coming down with the common cold and...
Coronavirus COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) Pandemic Outbreak: What You Need to Know
A new strain of coronavirus (COVID-19, SARS-CoV-2) was reported from Wuhan, China in December, 2019. This outbreak of respiratory...
Picture of Influenza Virus
The flu is caused by viruses that infect the respiratory tract which are divided into three types, designated A, B, and C. See a...
Nasal Irrigation: Natural Relief for Cold & Allergy Symptoms
Clogged sinuses and congestion bothering you? Nasal irrigation can relieve sinus symptoms associated with colds and allergies....
A Cold or The Flu? How to Tell the Difference
Discover the difference between cold vs. flu symptoms. Learn the difference between cold and flu symptoms. Read about cold and...
Home Remedies for Sick Children
Home remedies for sick babies, toddlers, and kids can help with things like colds, flu, cough, sore throat, stuffy nose, fever,...
Flu Shots: 10 Facts About Flu Shots
What are the side effects of a flu shot? Who should get vaccinated? Learn the benefits and risks of vaccination for seasonal...
Related Disease Conditions
Common Cold: Early Signs and 4 Stages
The common cold or viral rhinitis is an upper respiratory infection caused by several types of viruses. It is one of the most common infectious diseases affecting humans. A common cold may typically follow a certain pattern of progression that has four different stages.
How Do You Get Rid of a Cold Overnight?
Cold symptoms are part of your body’s healing processes. Most of the time, it does not require any help. However, you can get rid of a cold faster, even overnight, by resting, drinking hot fluids, blowing your nose, gargling with salt water, taking a hot shower, using a humidifier and taking OTC pain relievers and decongestants.
The common cold (viral upper respiratory tract infection) is a contagious illness that may be caused by various viruses. Symptoms include a stuffy nose, headache, cough, sore throat, and maybe a fever. Antibiotics have no effect upon the common cold, and there is no evidence that zinc and vitamin C are effective treatments.
Is It Common to Get a Cold During Early Pregnancy?
It is common to get a cold and the flu during pregnancy. Find out if it affects the baby and how to take care of yourself.
Which Flu Is Worse A or B?
Flu or influenza is a contagious (spreads from person to person) viral illness that affects the respiratory tract (the nose, throat and lungs). Type A influenza is generally considered worse than type B influenza.
How Long Is a Cold or Flu Contagious?
Viruses cause the common cold and the flu. Early symptoms and signs for a cold and the flu are similar, however, flu symptoms are typically more severe than cold symptoms. Cold and flu viruses are transmitted typically via coughing or sneezing.
Influenza (flu) is a respiratory illness caused by a virus. Flu symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, headache, fatigue, and muscle aches. The flu may be prevented with an annual influenza vaccination.
Can I Get Any STDs Through Clothing?
Most sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) cannot be transmitted through clothing. Some such as pubic lice, scabies and molluscum contagiosum can be transmitted by sharing clothes with an infected person.
What Happens if a Pregnant Woman Gets a Cold?
Having an ordinary cold shouldn't be harmful to the baby or mother. Pregnant women are highly likely to pick up a cold at some time during pregnancy because it's normal to catch two or three colds a year. A healthy lifestyle is a must to keep the immune system strong and to prevent colds.
When Should You See a Doctor for Upper Respiratory Infection?
What is an upper respiratory infection? Learn the symptoms of an upper respiratory infection and what to do about it.
Can You Fully Recover From Guillain-Barre Syndrome?
Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS) may last between 14 and 30 days and you may slowly recuperate from it. Usually, recovery takes 6 to 12 months, but for some people it could take up to 3 years. GBS is rare and affects fewer than 4,000 people in the United States each year.
Can Diarrhea Be an Initial Symptom of COVID-19?
COVID-19 has become a common illness that affects many people. Learn the signs of COVID-19, what causes it, how doctors diagnose it, and what you can do to treat it.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus, 2019-nCoV)
Infection with COVID-19 (2019 novel coronavirus, 2019-nCoV) causes respiratory problems in humans. Transmission of COVID-19 occurs mainly through contact with respiratory sections from an infected person, however, fecal contamination may also spread the virus. Symptoms start off flu-like and progress to coughing, fever, shortness of breath, shaking chills, headache, loss of sense of taste and/or smell, muscle pain, and sore throat. Treatment focuses on supportive care and symptom relief. COVID-19 vaccines are available.
How Long Do Flu Symptoms Last in Toddlers?
What is the flu, and how long do symptoms last in kids? Learn the signs of the flu and find out what medicines may help.
What Is Enterovirus (Non-Polio Enterovirus Infection)?
Non-polio enteroviruses cause a variety of infections, including aseptic meningitis, hand, foot, and mouth disease, herpangina, and the common cold. Symptoms and signs of enterovirus infection include hypoxia, eye pain, shortness of breath, chest pain, and fever. Treatment involves supportive care to reduce symptoms.
Cold vs. Flu
Though the common cold and flu share many signs and symptoms, they are caused by different viruses. Signs and symptoms include sneezing, sore throat, runny nose, fatigue, and cough. Treatment options for the cold and flu are similar and focus on reducing symptoms. Doctors may prescribe antivirals/neuraminidase inhibitors for the flu.
What Is Kawasaki Disease?
Kawasaki disease is a rare children's disease characterized by a fever that lasts more than five days and at least four of the following five symptoms are present: rash, swollen neck lymph gland, red tongue, swelling or redness of the hands or feet, and conjunctivitis. High doses of aspirin are used to treat Kawasaki disease. Cortisone and anti-inflammatory drugs may also be used during treatment.
What Are Interesting Facts About the Flu?
See 9 interesting facts about the flu including the origin, prevalence, contagiousness, vaccines, peak months, duration, complications, home remedies, and more.
How Long Does the Flu Last in Seniors?
What is the flu? Learn the signs of the flu in seniors and when you need to call a doctor.
What Are Postnasal Drip Medications?
Postnasal drips refer to the feeling of mucus collecting or dripping inside the throat from the back of your nose (postnasally). This may occur when there is excess mucus formation, when the mucus becomes too thick or when the normal flow of mucus is blocked or hindered.
COVID-19 vs. Allergies
Though there is some overlap in allergy and COVID-19 signs and symptoms there are also significant differences. Symptoms that they have in common include headache, fatigue, tiredness, shortness of breath, wheezing, and sore throat. Fever does not occur with allergies but is one of the defining symptoms of COVID-19 infections.
Are You Too Sick to Work?
When you're not feeling well, it may be difficult to decide whether to stay home or go to school or work. Conditions that are very painful may prevent you from working effectively. Anyone with nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fever, or dizziness should stay home.
What Are The Side Effects of the H1N1 Flu Vaccine?
H1N1, also known as the swine flu, most recently caused an outbreak in 2009. The vaccine for it used to be a separate shot, but is now included in your yearly flu shot. The side effects are similar to the flu shot, and are usually minor.
How Can I Get Rid of a Cold While Breastfeeding?
The common cold is a viral infection that affects your nose and throat. There is no cure for the cold while breastfeeding, so you’ll need to give it time to clear up.
What Are the Most Common Long-Term Effects of COVID-19?
Most people recover from COVID-19 in two weeks. The most common long-term effects of COVID-19 infection are mood problems, neurological issues, heart disease, liver disease, lung disease, and heart disease.
What is Herd Immunity, and How Does It Help to Protect the Population from COVID-19?
Herd immunity means that the entire population is better protected against a particular disease. Herd immunity is possible with COVID-19, but the virus is likely to linger for several more years with breakthrough infections.
What Should a Pregnant Woman Do If She Has COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a disease caused by a coronavirus. If you are pregnant and you think you have COVID-19, get professional medical help as soon as possible to reduce the risk of medical complications.
Treatment & Diagnosis
- What Are the Different Types of Mechanical Ventilation?
- What Is Endotracheal Intubation?
- How Do the COVID-19 Coronavirus Tests Work?
- What Is CPAP Therapy?
- Who Needs Mechanical Ventilation?
- Strategies for Ventilator Management
- How to Differentiate Between the Signs and Symptoms of COVID-19, Allergies, Cold, and Flu?
Medications & Supplements
- Side Effects of Mucinex DM (guaifenesin and dextromethorphan hydrobromide)
- Side Effects of Claritin D (loratadine/pseudoephedrine)
- Chloroquine (Aralen) vs. Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil)
- Side Effects of Tamiflu (oseltamivir)
- FluMist, FluMist Quadrivalent influenza vaccine live intranasal
- Mucinex DM (guaifenesin and dextromethorphan hydrobromide)
- Avonex (interferon beta 1a injection)
- How Do COVID-19 Vaccines Work?
- Veklury (remdesivir)
- Xofluza (baloxavir marboxil) Side Effects, Warnings, and Drug Interactions
- The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID 19 Vaccine
- Fluzone High-Dose (Influenza Vaccine)
- The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine
- Types of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Medications
- Afluria Quadrivalent (Influenza Vaccine)
Prevention & Wellness
- Could a COVID Infection Help You Ward Off the Common Cold?
- Combo of COVID & Flu Even More Lethal
- CDC Study Shows Power of Flu Vaccine for Kids
- What 1918 Spanish Flu Death Toll Tells Us About COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic
- The Black Death: What Bubonic Plague Reveals About COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic
- Boosting Your Immunity From COVID-19? These Foods, Vitamins, Routines Work Best
- 'Flurona,' When COVID Meets the Flu
- Flu Cases Already Up 23% This Season
- High Viral Load in Lungs Drives Fatal COVID-19: Study
- Colds, Bronchitis Cases Resurged After Texas Eased COVID Rules
- What Will COVID-19 Look Like In 10 Years?
- Is COVID-19 More Deadly Than the Flu?
- Prior Exposure to Common Cold Won't Shield You From COVID: Study
- Will COVID-19 Be Seasonal Like the Flu?
- What Happened to the Flu This Year?
- Research Reveals Why COVID Pneumonia Is More Deadly
- Low U.S. Flu Rates Seen as Pandemic Rages
- Is It a Cold, the Flu, or COVID-19?
- COVID Survivor Rita Wilson Wants You to Get Your Flu Shot
- Could COVID-19 Someday Become Seasonal, Like Flu?
- Is a 'Twindemic' of COVID-19 and Flu Coming?
- Coronavirus May Be Seasonal After All
- Loss of Smell, Taste Might Be Long-Term for Some COVID-19 Survivors
- Pangolins, Bats, or What? How Did Coronavirus Get to Humans?
- 6 Feet of Social Distancing Best, but Even 3 Feet Should Help: Study
- As Hard-Hit Areas of America Show Slowing in Coronavirus Cases, Other Regions See Spikes
- COVID-19 Damages Lungs Differently Than Flu: Study
- Pandemic Has Cut Global Carbon Emissions by 17%
- Is 6 Feet Enough for COVID-19 Protection?
- By the Numbers, COVID-19 Was Never 'Like the Flu'
- Most Workers Report for Duty With Flu-Like Symptoms, Global Survey Shows
- U.S. Jobless Numbers Soar While WHO Warns Coronavirus Isn't Going Away
- Smell Diminishes by Day 3 of COVID-19, Study Says
- Coronavirus Test Used By White House May Miss Nearly Half of Infections: Study
- Fauci Will Testify to Senate on Danger of U.S. Reopening Too Soon
- Most Americans Were Staying Home Before Government Mandates: Study
- U.S. COVID-19 Death Rate Is 1.3%, Study Finds
- Will Higher Temps Help Contain Coronavirus? Two Studies Say Not Really
- Antiviral Trio Shows Mettle Against COVID-19
- Experts Cast Doubt on Notion That New Strain of Coronavirus Is More Infectious
- Which Symptoms Point to Severe COVID-19? Doctors Issue New Update
- Why Are Minorities Hardest Hit By COVID-19?
- New Coronavirus Strain More Contagious, Scientists Say
- Layoffs and Losses: COVID-19 Leaves U.S. Hospitals in Financial Crisis
- Human Trials of Experimental Coronavirus Vaccine Begin in U.S.
- Can You Get Reinfected With Coronavirus?
- New Initiative to Study Coronavirus Genome
- UV Light Won't Treat COVID-19 -- But It Might Disinfect Medical Gear
- AHA News: Coronavirus Intensifies Existing Issues for Older Immigrants
- What Is a Pulse Oximeter, and Should You Get One to Warn of COVID-19?
- Trump Orders Meat Plants to Stay Open as U.S. Coronavirus Cases Pass 1 Million
- COVID-19 Now Linked With Strokes in Young Patients
- COVID-19 Continues to Strike Men Harder Than Women
- As Demand for Hand Sanitizer Soars, FDA Warns of Makers' Bogus Claims
- In COVID Crisis, Nearly Half of People in Some U.S. States Are Going Hungry
- Bats and Coronaviruses Go Back Centuries
- Have Heart Failure? Take Precautions During Pandemic
- Don't Drink or Inject Our Product, Lysol Maker Says in Response to Trump Remark
- AHA News: Essential Advice for Stressed-Out Essential Workers
- Will Social Distancing Last Through the Summer?
- There Aren't Enough Coronavirus Test Kits to Safely Reopen America, Experts Warn
- Isolation During Coronavirus Pandemic a Trigger for Depression
- Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories Abound, and They Could Cause Real Harm
- Coronavirus Is Spreading Fast in Areas of U.S. That May Reopen Soon: Study
- Premature Posting of Remdesivir Findings Were 'Inconclusive,' Drug Maker Says
- Rapid Coronavirus Test Can Produce False Negatives
- Most COVID-19 Patients Placed on Ventilators Died, New York Study Shows
- Two NY Cats First U.S. Pets to Test Positive for Coronavirus
- LA County Coronavirus Infections Are Up to 55 Times That of Reported Cases
- In Oregon, One Town Goes Door to Door Tracking Coronavirus Spread
- Up to 50,000 U.S. Kids May Be Hospitalized With COVID-19 by Year's End
- Do Your Keys, Phone, Money Need Disinfecting When You Return Home?
- Smokers, Vapers in Special Danger From Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Pandemic Changing Some Anti-Vaxxers Minds
- Trump Halts Immigration to U.S. During Coronavirus Pandemic
- Coronavirus Fears Have People With Asthma, Emphysema Avoiding the ER
- Are Immune-Compromised Kids at Greater Risk From COVID-19?
- New COVID-19 Tracking App May Find 'Hotspots' Across America
- Is COVID-19 Causing More People to Suffer Heart Attacks at Home?
- Tips to Keeping Slim When You're Stuck at Home
- Benefits of Social Distancing Outweigh Economic Toll: Study
- We've Been Here Before: Lessons From the 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic
- What Will Reopening America Look Like?
- New COVID-19 Test Could Give Results in Under 1 Hour
- Dogs May be Able to Detect COVID-19: Researchers
- FDA Urges COVID-19 Survivors to Donate Plasma
- Asthma Not Common in COVID-19 Patients Who've Died
- New Federal Guidelines for Re-Opening U.S. Expected as Coronavirus Cases Top 636,000
- Sharp Drop in Demand for Coronavirus Tests at Private Labs
- Waging War Against Severe COVID-19: One Survivor's Story
- How 4 U.S. Cities Helped Slow Coronavirus Spread
- AHA News: Understanding the Risky Combination of Diabetes and the Coronavirus
- Annual 'COVID-19 Season' May Be Here to Stay, Scientists Predict
- U.S. Coronavirus Deaths Near 30,000 as Plans for Re-opening Take Shape
- Obesity Increases Risks for COVID-19
- Track Viruses, Not Animal Carriers, to Prevent Future Pandemics
- Early On, Many Seniors Were Unfazed by Coronavirus Warnings, Study Finds
- Cardiac Troponins by High-Sensitivity Assays for COVID-19 Triage
- Higher Mortality Rate in Ventilated COVID-19 Patients
- Why Is Coronavirus a Bigger Worry for People With Diabetes?
- AHA News: Want to Help Overstressed ERs? Be Safe at Home
- States Hit Hard by Coronavirus Join Forces on Future Easing of Social Distancing
- Coronavirus Has Killed Thousands at U.S. Nursing Homes
- First Saliva Test for COVID-19 Approved by FDA
- Brain, Nervous System Affected in 1 in 3 Cases of Severe COVID-19
- Many Questions Remain About COVID-19 Patients' Loss of Sense of Smell
- U.S. Passes Italy With Most Coronavirus Deaths, Small Study Shows Promise of Remdesivir
- U.S. Now Leads World in Number of COVID-19 Deaths
- Boris Johnson Discharged From Hospital After Battling COVID-19
- As U.S. Leads World in COVID-19 Deaths, Trump Pushes to Re-Open Country in Early May
- Shut Down 'Wet Markets' to Prevent Next Viral Plague, Animal Advocates Say
- A Funeral, a Birthday & 3 Deaths: 'Super Spreader' Events Show Why Social Distancing Is Key
- As Coronavirus Shows First Signs of Peaking, White House Looks to Ease Restrictions in May
- Tweets Show Americans Are Following COVID-19 Precautions
- No Sail Order For Cruise Ships Extended by CDC
- CDC Issues New COVID-19 Return-to-Work Guidelines
- Coronavirus Came to New York City From Europe, Not Asia, Genetic Study Shows
- COVID-19 Is Making Psychiatric Treatment Tougher
- California Has First Daily Drop in ICU Coronavirus Patients
- Does COVID-19 Drug Touted by Trump Really Work? New Trial Aims to Find Out
- Boris Johnson Moved Out of ICU, But Still in Hospital With COVID-19
- COVID-19 Risk From Beaches, Lakes, Pool Water?
- Will Coronavirus Continue to Spread in Warmer Spring and Summer Months?
- Doctors Suspect Mystery COVID-19 Lung Problems, Plea for New Approach
- First Case of Coronavirus Presenting as Guillain-Barré
- Newborns With COVID-19 May Suffer Only Mild Symptoms, Study Says
- Millions More Unemployed as U.S. Coronavirus Lockdowns Devastate Economy
- Will Warmer Weather Curb COVID-19?
- Why Is COVID-19 Sometimes So Severe in Young Adults?
- Coronavirus Antibody Finger Prick Test Useless: Researchers
- Court Upholds Texas Ban on Abortions During Coronavirus Pandemic
- Doctors Puzzle Over COVID-19 Lung Problems
- U.S. Study Finds COVID-19 Seldom Severe in Kids
- Tylenol Shortages in U.S.
- Boris Johnson in 'Good Spirits,' Has Not Needed Ventilator
- More COVID-19 Tests Arrive, But Bottlenecks Persist
- China's Controls May Have Headed Off 700,000 COVID-19 Cases: Study
- Follow a Nurse Inside a COVID-19 ICU: 'I'm Terrified'
- COVID-19 Infection Involves Cardiovascular System in Many Different Ways
- A Hospital Doctor Looks at COVID-19 Preparations and Protocols
- COVID-19 Shows Gaps in PPE Training, Effectiveness
- Doctors, Nurses Face Retaliation for Voicing Concerns About Health and Safety
- 3 in 4 U.S. Hospitals Treating COVID-19 Patients: Report
- Americans Got the Memo on Social Distancing, Poll Shows
- U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson in ICU With COVID-19
- As U.S. Coronavirus Death Toll Nears 11,000, Signs Show Pandemic May Be Peaking
- High-Tech Rings Are Tracking COVID-19 'Warning Signs'
- ER Workers' Stress May Affect Patient Care: Study
- AHA News: Amid Coronavirus Crisis, Exercise Caution When Exercising Outdoors
- Human Trial of Experimental Stem Cell Therapy for COVID-19 Approved by FDA
- Going Easy on Yourself Is Key to Parenting Through the Pandemic
- Why Teens Find It Tough to Social Distance
- Amid COVID-19 Crisis, Blood Donor Restrictions Eased for Gays
- Coronavirus Hangs Around Even After Symptoms Subside
- Asthma, COPD Raise Odds for Severe COVID-19, Lung Experts Warn
- Caring for Dementia Patient During Pandemic? Try These Stress-Busting Tips
- Test for Coronavirus Antibodies Approved by FDA
- 82,000 Health Care Workers Volunteer to Help New York
- In Some Cases, COVID-19 May Harm the Brain
- Another COVID-19 Vaccine Being Tested in Mice
- AHA News: Eat Healthy, Move Your Body During Pandemic
- U.S. Coronavirus Cases Pass 200,000, as Jobless Claims Soar to 10 Million
- U.S. Coronavirus Cases Pass 200,000, as Death Toll Nears 5,000
- Pandemic Adds to Challenge of Caring for Loved One With Dementia
- 'Stress Eating' While Social Distancing? Here's Tips to Avoid It
- An Expert's Guide to Fighting Coronavirus Stress
- Healthy People With No Symptoms Spread Coronavirus
- What If a COVID-19 Test Is Negative?
- Healthcare Workers Feel Betrayed in Coronavirus Disaster
- Mild COVID-19 Often Appears With Only Gastro Symptoms: Study
- As Deaths Continue in Italy, a Lesson for the United States
- Why Germany Has Far Fewer Coronavirus Deaths Than Neighboring Countries
- Is Pink Eye a Symptom of Coronavirus?
- How Does a Ventilator Help if You Have COVID-19 Coronavirus Disease?
- Don't Fall Prey to COVID-19 Scammers
- AHA News: Video Doctor Visits Gain Ground During Coronavirus Pandemic
- 'Fever Tracker' Suggests Social Distancing Is Already Working
- Hospitals Face Cash Crunch in 60-90 Days Due to COVID-19
- The Science of Social Distancing
- Early Med School Graduation Amid COVID-19
- Do Saunas and High Temps Kill Coronavirus?
- Stay on Angiotensin ACE Inhibitors and ARBs Drugs During COVID-19
- AI Might Spot Which COVID-19 Patients Are at Risk of Severe Disease
- More Evidence COVID-19 Survivors' Blood Could Help Very Ill Patients
- Odds of Hospitalization, Death With COVID-19 Rise Steadily With Age: Study
- U.S. Coronavirus Cases Top 163,000; Death Count Set to Surpass China's Total
- U.S. Army Opens Field Hospital in New York City
- N95 Face Masks Can Be Sterilized and Re-Used, Studies Show
- Too Many Patients, Too Few Ventilators: How U.S. Hospitals Cope With COVID-19
- 5-Minute Rapid-Result Coronavirus Test
- More Than 1 in 3 Cardiologists Burned Out, Many Ready to Leave
- Do Gene Mutations Explain COVID-19 Cases in the Young?
- 66 Coronavirus Cases in Maryland Nursing Home
- COVID-19: Should Everyone Be Wearing a Face Mask?
- AHA News: Understanding the Basics of 'Herd Immunity'
- Researchers Find Way to Clean N95 Masks for Re-Use
- Nationwide Shortages Looming for Respirators, Masks, Gowns: Expert Poll
- Sports Doctors Must Reassess With COVID-19 Coronavirus
- What Neurologists Can Expect From COVID-19
- Doctors, Nurses Face Harassment, Firing for Self-Care Amid COVID-19 Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Testing Supply Shortages
- COVID-19 Convalescent Plasma to Treat Coronavirus Patients
- COVID-19 Antibody Test (ELISA) for Those Already Infected With Coronavirus
- Fecal Transplants May Spread COVID-19
- What COVID-19 Prevention and Treatment Guidelines From China Can Teach Us
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Diabetes in 20 Year Olds
- COVID-19: Alarming Levels of Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia in Healthcare Workers
- Cardiac Injury Common in COVID-19, Predicts Mortality
- Severe COVID-19 Might Injure the Heart
- Three Countries Have Kept Coronavirus in Check; Here's How They Did It
- Cough, Fever, Fatigue? Head to CDC's Online Coronavirus Symptom Checker
- VA Health System Swamped by Coronavirus Patients
- Could Robots Be Deployed to Front Line in Fighting COVID-19?
- Senate Passes $2 Trillion Economic Aid Deal as Coronavirus Deaths Top 1,000
- U.S. Hospital Beds Were Already Maxed Out Before Coronavirus Pandemic
- Wuhan Study Shows How Social Distancing Is Saving Lives
- COVID-19 Isn't Even 'Alive,' It's Not Really a Living Organism
- Coronavirus: Are Meat, Milk, Eggs Safe to Eat?
- An Expert's Guide to Fact-Checking Coronavirus Info Online
- Shelter Animals Need Your Help During the Pandemic
- Coronavirus Similar to Pandemic Coronavirus Found in Pangolins
- Hantavirus Death in China: How Likely Is a Coronavirus-Like Pandemic?
- Guidelines for Containing the Spread of COVID-19
- How Long Does Coronavirus Stay on Surfaces and in the Air?
- AHA News: What Do We Know About Congenital Heart Disease and Coronavirus?
- Man Dies After Self-Medicating With Chloroquine to Treat Coronavirus
- Loss of Sense of Smell Could Be Early Sign of Coronavirus Infection
- Agreement Reached on $2 Trillion Economic Aid Deal as U.S. Cases Pass 52,000
- COVID-19 Infection Likely Worse for Vapers, Smokers
- How to Weather Social Isolation During Coronavirus Pandemic
- What People With Parkinson's Need to Know About COVID-19
- FDA Eases Access to Blood Plasma Treatment for Coronavirus Patients
- How Coronavirus Spreads, What Lab Tests Work?
- Coronavirus CPR and Emergency Care
- Aralen, Plaquenil Shortages From COVID-19 Threaten Lupus, RA Patients
- COVID-19 Test Shortage Sidelines Clinicians
- Placido Domingo Has Coronavirus
- 'Eye of the Storm:' U.S. Nurses Already Facing Extreme Stress Over Coronavirus
- FDA Warns Americans to Beware of Fake COVID-19 Test Kits
- A Third of Americans Ordered to Stay at Home; Summer Olympics Postponed for One Year
- As Coronavirus Myths Multiply, Experts Sort Fact From Fiction
- Coping With Cancer During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- The Other Side of COVID-19: Milder Cases, Healthy Recovery
- Shortages Seen of Drugs That Show Promise Against Coronavirus
- How to Bill for Telehealth and COVID-19 Tests
- Coronavirus Will Strain Radiology, Chest CT
- What the US Can Learn From Italy's Coronavirus Outbreak
- COVID-19 Guidelines for Evaluating and Testing Coronavirus Patients
- Tom Hanks' Coronavirus Recovery Might Help Us All
- National Guard Activated in 3 States as U.S. Coronavirus Cases Top 34,000
- What Does a Self-Quarantine Look Like?
- U.S. Sen. Rand Paul Tests Positive for Coronavirus
- As More States Clamp Down, 1 in 4 Americans Now Under 'Shelter in Place' Orders Due to Coronavirus
- Kaiser's COVID-19 Chief Shares Surge Strategies
- Can Doctors Work Across State Lines During Coronavirus Crisis?
- Needing Routine Health Care in the Era of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Asthma Patients Should Stay on Steroids
- How Is Cancer Oncology Adapting to COVID-19?
- The Science of Handwashing for Coronavirus
- How Many Total Coronavirus Cases, Including Undiagnosed?
- N95 Respirator Masks, Surgical Masks, and DIY Masks
- How Is Coronavirus Causing Disruptions in Cancer Care?
- Liver Disease, Liver Damage, and COVID-19 Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Risking Life Without Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Is Hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19 Really the Answer?
- Will There Be a National Quarantine for Coronavirus in the US?
- Coronavirus: How Are the Protectors Staying Protected?
- Older Patients With Cancer Especially Vulnerable to Coronavirus
- Does Coronavirus Spread by Fecal Transmission?
- Flattening the Curve for Coronavirus
- Could COVID-19 Survivors' Blood Help Save Very Ill Patients?
- Blood Type May Affect COVID-19 Risk
- Two Therapeutic Drugs Could Treat COVID-19 Coronavirus
- Nearly 40% of Hospitalizations in U.S. COVID-19 Cases Involve Adults Under 55
- New China Report Sets COVID-19 Death Rate at 1.4%
- Study Suggests COVID-19 Might Follow Seasonal Pattern
- Experts Skeptical of France's Stance Against Ibuprofen as Treatment for COVID-19
- Think You Have COVID-19 Symptoms? Here's What to Do
- Another Study Finds COVID-19 Typically Mild for Kids
- Medical Groups Say Heart Meds Don't Worsen COVID-19 Symptoms
- Kids Get Mild COVID-19 Symptoms, But Chance of Transmission High: Study
- Babies Are Spared Severe COVID-19 Symptoms
- What Are the Official Symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- Should I Still Do Dialysis With Coronavirus?
- U.S. Blood Donors Needed in Face of COVID-19 Crisis
- Why Coronavirus COVID-19 Quarantine Might Not Work
- How an Ebola Drug Might Fight COVID-19
- Can U.S. Hospitals Handle Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- 3 More Coronavirus Deaths Reported at Washington State Nursing Home
- Home Isolation for Coronavirus (COVID-2019): What Is It and How Do You Do It?
- US Cases of Coronavirus COVID-19 Concentrated in West Coast -- Where Else?
- Are These the 'Real' Wuhan Coronavirus Statistics?
- Study Estimates Actual Coronavirus Case Count in Wuhan May Be Near 76,000
- China Bans Travel in Wuhan, Four Nearby Cities
- What You Need to Know Now About the Wuhan Virus
- First Clinical Studies Find Wuhan Virus Closely Resembles SARS
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter