COVID-19 symptoms may begin like the flu but go on to develop fever, cough, and shortness of breath that is severe enough to warrant hospitalization in many patients. Unfortunately, to date, there is no antiviral drug or vaccine to treat this infection. Symptom relief and supportive care (many requiring hospital care) are the current treatment methods. However, early supportive care may reduce the disease severity.Source: Charles Patrick Davis, MD, PhD
Trending Coronavirus (COVID-19) Topics
FRIDAY, May 29, 2020 -- Ten percent of COVID-19 patients with diabetes die within a week of entering the hospital and 20% need a ventilator to breathe by that point...
A new strain of coronavirus COVID-19 was reported from Wuhan, China in December, 2019. This outbreak of respiratory flu-like symptoms has quickly spread resulting in a worldwide pandemic. Learn about symptoms, prevention and best practices for treatment.
Updated daily for everything you need to know about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). WebMD's coronavirus health center guides you to White House updates, latest health news, cases, tests, and more.
The explosive rise in cases of coronavirus infection is of concern worldwide. Get the latest news, clinical trial coverage, drug updates, and more from the top medical resource for physicians.
Latest Coronavirus (COVID-19) News
- U.S. Abortion Pill Rule Should be Suspended During Pandemic: Lawsuit
- Hydroxychloroquine May Worsen Odds for Cancer Patients With COVID-19
- Prescriptions for Discredited COVID Drugs Surged 2,000% After Trump's Support
- 1 in 10 COVID-19 Patients With Diabetes Dies
- As Hard-Hit Areas of America Show Slowing in Coronavirus Cases, Other Regions See Spikes
- Is COVID-19 'One and Done?' Experts Ponder Odds for Reinfection
- Pandemic Having More Impact on U.S. Hospitals Than Thought: Study
- Your Eyewear and COVID-19 Safety
- Pandemic Can Overwhelm Those With Autism
- Coronavirus Antibody Tests Still Not Accurate Enough: CDC
- Only Half of Americans Say They'd Get a Coronavirus Vaccine: Survey
- Managing COVID-19 Risk With Common Immune Disorders
- 'Silent' COVID-19 More Widespread Than Thought
- 100,000 Dead, 40 Million Unemployed: America Hits Grim Pandemic Milestones
- Post-COVID-19 Reopening Means Masks and Distance at Parks, Malls, and Restaurants
- Clotting Tied to COVID-19 May Harm the Placenta
- Flawed Alzheimer's Gene Linked to COVID-19 Risk
- Coronavirus Cases Ticking Upwards in Nearly a Dozen U.S. States
- Lockdown Got You Down? Experts Offer Tips to De-Stress
- 6 Expert Tips for Defusing Kids' Quarantine Meltdowns
- Can You Get COVID-19 Through Your Eyes?
- WHO Halts Testing of Drug That President Trump Has Embraced
- Nursing Homes Are Ground Zero for COVID-19
- Getting Back to Work Safely After Lockdown
- Banishing Pandemic Worries for a Good Night's Sleep
Facts, How to Prepare, Prevention, and Protection
COVID-19 (Coronavirus, 2019-nCoV)
Infection with COVID-19 (2019 novel coronavirus, 2019-nCoV) causes respiratory problems in humans. Transmission of COVID-19...
COVID-19 vs. Allergies
Though there is some overlap in allergy and COVID-19 signs and symptoms there are also significant differences. Symptoms that...
COVID-19 vs. Flu vs. Cold
When you're feeling sick, it can be difficult to distinguish the symptoms of a COVID-19 infection from the symptoms of the common...
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Prevention Tips
COVID-19 is a novel coronavirus that spreads from person to person via infected respiratory droplets. The main symptoms of...
Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Related Resources
Coronavirus COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2): The Latest News, Updates and Information
See the latest news updates and information on the Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak. Learn about symptoms, prevention, possible...
Coronavirus COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) Pandemic Outbreak: What You Need to Know
A new strain of coronavirus (COVID-19, SARS-CoV-2) was reported from Wuhan, China in December, 2019. This outbreak of respiratory...
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Prevention: Frequently Asked Questions
Why is coronavirus considered dangerous? What are symptoms you should look for? Take this quiz to learn how to protect yourself....
What Drugs May Fight COVID-19? Drug Trials, Treatments, Vaccines
What drugs could help fight coronavirus COVID-19? Clinical studies are ongoing for antiviral drugs like hydroxychloroquine,...
Respiratory Illnesses: 13 Types of Lung Infections
Is your cough caused by a cold, flu, pneumonia or something else? Learn causes of respiratory infection like bronchitis,...
Top 15 Immune System Boosters
Immune system boosters include foods, supplements, and lifestyle habits to help you fight off infections. A healthy immune system...
16 Foods That Boost and Improve Your Immune System
Help fight colds, flu, as well as viruses like coronavirus with foods that boost and improve your immune system. Reach for...
Diseases and Conditions: The Most Common Infectious Diseases in the U.S.
In 2016, infectious diseases sent Americans to the doctor more than 15 million times. That's a lot of trouble for organisms you...
Healthy Home: How Often Should This Be Cleaned?
House cleaning can improve your health. Learn how often to do the laundry, organize clutter, and clean your refrigerator among...
Infectious Germs: Where They Love to Hide
What surfaces in your home or office do germs use to hide? What's the best way to kill germs on your hands or in your workplace?...
Cold and Flu: Finding Relief for Your Cough
Remedies for coughing to relieve symptoms, thin mucus, and clear phlegm include cough syrup and honey in hot water. Use...
Natural Remedies for Cold and Flu
What natural remedies work for the flu and common cold? Many claim cold symptoms and flu symptoms can be relieved with Echinacea,...
Viral Infection Types, Treatment, and Prevention
Watch this slideshow on Viral Infections and learn about types, treatment, and prevention of illnesses caused by viruses....
Germs: Everyday Items with the Most Bacteria
Explore the germiest places you may encounter daily. Bacteria is everywhere. Learn tips to avoid germs and bacteria in public...
10 Foods to Eat When You Have the Flu
If you're sick with the flu, you'll want to know the best foods to make you feel better. Learn some of the soothing, nutritious...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Testing Is Key to COVID-19 Recovery for Patients and Economy
- What if I get COVID-19 with Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Should I Go to the Dentist During the COVID-19 Pandemic?
- Is the Test for COVID-19 Coronavirus Reliable?
- What if I get COVID-19 with Diabetes?
- How Long Can the COVID-19 Coronavirus Survive?
- What if I Get COVID-19 with Asthma?