COVID-19 symptoms may begin like the flu but go on to develop fever, cough, and shortness of breath that is severe enough to warrant hospitalization in many patients. Unfortunately, to date, there is no antiviral drug or vaccine to treat this infection. Symptom relief and supportive care (many requiring hospital care) are the current treatment methods. However, early supportive care may reduce the disease severity.Source: Charles Patrick Davis, MD, PhD
Trending Coronavirus (COVID-19) Topics
March 30, 2020 - The FDA has authorized a coronavirus test that the manufacturer says can tell if someone is infected with the virus within 5 minutes. The test is meant to be used...
A new strain of coronavirus COVID-19 was reported from Wuhan, China in December, 2019. This outbreak of respiratory flu-like symptoms has quickly spread resulting in a worldwide pandemic. Learn about symptoms, prevention and best practices for treatment.
Updated daily for everything you need to know about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). WebMD's coronavirus health center guides you to White House updates, latest health news, cases, tests, and more.
The explosive rise in cases of coronavirus infection is of concern worldwide. Get the latest news, clinical trial coverage, drug updates, and more from the top medical resource for physicians.
Latest Coronavirus (COVID-19) News
- Managing COVID-19 Risk in Retinal Procedures
- Ventilator Priority and Rationing for Coronavirus
- Hospitals Short on PPE and Infectious Disease Protocols
- U.S. Army Opens Field Hospital in New York City
- What You Should Know If Your Surgery Has Been Put on Hold
- U.S. Coronavirus Cases Top 163,000; Death Count Set to Surpass China's Total
- Running Out of Asthma Inhalers Due to Coronavirus Fight
- Odds of Hospitalization, Death With COVID-19 Rise Steadily With Age: Study
- More Evidence COVID-19 Survivors' Blood Could Help Very Ill Patients
- AI Might Spot Which COVID-19 Patients Are at Risk of Severe Disease
- AHA News: Health Emergency? Don't Hesitate to Get Help
- Too Many Patients, Too Few Ventilators: How U.S. Hospitals Cope With COVID-19
- N95 Face Masks Can Be Sterilized and Re-Used, Studies Show
- High Anxiety in America Over COVID-19
- Coronavirus: How Can I Help?
- COVID-19: Hydroxychloroquine Effectiveness Data From France
- More Than 1 in 3 Cardiologists Burned Out, Many Ready to Leave
- 5-Minute Rapid-Result Coronavirus Test
- Doctors, Nurses Face Harassment, Firing for Self-Care Amid COVID-19 Coronavirus
- What Neurologists Can Expect From COVID-19
- Sports Doctors Must Reassess With COVID-19 Coronavirus
- COVID-19 Testing Supply Shortages
- COVID-19: Should Everyone Be Wearing a Face Mask?
- 66 Coronavirus Cases in Maryland Nursing Home
- What Are Dental Offices Doing to Prevent Coronavirus Infection?
Facts, How to Prepare, Prevention, and Protection
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Prevention Tips
COVID-19 is a novel coronavirus that spreads from person to person via infected respiratory droplets. The main symptoms of...
COVID-19 vs. Flu vs. Cold
When you're feeling sick, it can be difficult to distinguish the symptoms of a COVID-19 infection from the symptoms of the common...
Do Face Masks Offer Protection From the New Coronavirus?
In 2019, a new coronavirus strain named COVID-19 (or 2019-nCoV) began causing severe respiratory illness and sometimes fatal...
Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Related Resources
Coronavirus COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2): The Latest News, Updates and Information
See the latest news updates and information on the Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak. Learn about symptoms, prevention, possible...
Coronavirus COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) Pandemic Outbreak: 10 Things You Need to Know
A new strain of coronavirus (COVID-19, SARS-CoV-2) was reported from Wuhan, China in December, 2019. This outbreak of respiratory...
What Drugs May Fight COVID-19? Drug Trials, Treatments, Vaccines
What drugs could help fight coronavirus COVID-19? Clinical studies are ongoing for antiviral drugs like hydroxychloroquine,...
Respiratory Illnesses: 13 Types of Lung Infections
Is your cough caused by a cold, flu, pneumonia or something else? Learn causes of respiratory infection like bronchitis,...
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Prevention: Frequently Asked Questions
Why is coronavirus considered dangerous? What are symptoms you should look for? Take this quiz to learn how to protect yourself....
Top 15 Immune System Boosters
Immune system boosters include foods, supplements, and lifestyle habits to help you fight off infections. A healthy immune system...
16 Foods That Boost and Improve Your Immune System
Help fight colds, flu, as well as viruses like coronavirus with foods that boost and improve your immune system. Reach for...
Diseases and Conditions: The Most Common Infectious Diseases in the U.S.
In 2016, infectious diseases sent Americans to the doctor more than 15 million times. That's a lot of trouble for organisms you...
Healthy Home: How Often Should This Be Cleaned?
House cleaning can improve your health. Learn how often to do the laundry, organize clutter, and clean your refrigerator among...
Infectious Germs: Where They Love to Hide
What surfaces in your home or office do germs use to hide? What's the best way to kill germs on your hands or in your workplace?...
Cold and Flu: Finding Relief for Your Cough
Remedies for coughing to relieve symptoms, thin mucus, and clear phlegm include cough syrup and honey in hot water. Use...
Natural Remedies for Cold and Flu
What natural remedies work for the flu and common cold? Many claim cold symptoms and flu symptoms can be relieved with Echinacea,...
Viral Infection Types, Treatment, and Prevention
Watch this slideshow on Viral Infections and learn about types, treatment, and prevention of illnesses caused by viruses....
Germs: Everyday Items with the Most Bacteria
Explore the germiest places you may encounter daily. Bacteria is everywhere. Learn tips to avoid germs and bacteria in public...
10 Foods to Eat When You Have the Flu
If you're sick with the flu, you'll want to know the best foods to make you feel better. Learn some of the soothing, nutritious...