Patient Comments: Coronary Artery Bypass Graft - Causes

What caused you to need a coronary artery bypass graft? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: DotDotDot, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 03

I am a female in my 20s who doesn't exercise at all but eats decently. I started to suffer from recurring hemorrhoids randomly a year ago and it was so painful I would wake up from my sleep. It was painful in any position, sitting down, standing up, and lying on bed (side way, face up, face down, etc.) Walking around did seem to help, however. In the beginning, I used Vaseline to seal minor bleeding and tear. For pain, I took Advil or acetaminophen. Then, I purchased witch hazel wipes, which were helpful to reduce swelling. I use both Tucks (smaller sheets but more moist) and Preparation H (larger sheet but kind of dry). I prefer Tucks. I also purchased suppositories but found it painful to insert it. I am now going on a 100 percent cold-pressed juice diet and drinking 3 L of water per day to clean and rest my gastrointestinal tract. Hopefully, hemorrhoid will be gone for good!

Comment from: countgermaine, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 21

Family history of heart disease, smoking tobacco and marijuana heavily for many years, prolonged emotional stress, and poor diet caused me to need a coronary artery bypass graft.

Comment from: Cassandra1, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 07

I had coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery in November 2013. I had an aneurysm, a tear or dissection in the left artery descending. I did not know what was wrong, but I kept feeling tired when I would walk across the campus to my office, or sometimes when I walked up stairs holding shopping bags or groceries. I was 25 pounds overweight. The aftermath of the surgery was challenging, but I was motivated. I lost 40 pounds, principally through exercise and cutting down on bread and sugar. But I do not punish myself. I eat like a real person, but I weigh myself every single day. My doctor says I am better than I was before the surgery. I feel really wonderful now, but the early days after the surgery are a challenge. They do pass.

Comment from: none, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 03

Having a triple coronary artery bypass graft in 2011, I finally realized that stress in my job and the scary situations I experienced was the number one cause of heart disease, let alone smoking, which I think the number 3 cause. Ignoring blood pressure high was number 4. Now I have swelling in my feet, diuretic works good, but I feel chest pain from time to time.

Comment from: Norman, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 17

I had chest pain and infection and had a coronary artery bypass graft after heart attack.

Comment from: Pines223, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 22

I had a myocardial infarction (MI) and pneumonia a day after major back surgery. During catheterization they placed a stent in one artery, the 2nd one was totally blocked but I had developed collateral circulation which is not as good at perfusion. My 3rd coronary artery is more or less patent.

Comment from: Speedracerx, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 16

After years of suffering I found that simply getting my yeast under control with garlic and some other over the counter items worked. A topical is needed to help keep the skin soft also. Keep in mind that the lymphatic system uses the skin pores as an exit point for ridding the body of toxins so you may want to look into a detoxification program to get your system in better shape to help control your eczema.

Comment from: former dummy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 27

At 47 years of age, being severely overweight and smoking, with zero exercise, it caught up with me. Eight years after the coronary artery bypass graft I still feel great. No angina or any other symptoms.

Comment from: Happy Lady, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 12

I had 4 artery blockages and saw them on the screen during the angiogram and the surgeon suggested I have the bypass open heart surgery done since I am a healthy person. I did get it done and feel great. I am currently in cardiac rehab.

View Spider and Varicose Veins Slideshow Pictures