Patient Comments: Corns and Calluses - Risks

Are your shoes too tight? Explain the reasons why you think you developed corns or calluses.

Comment from: MAHall, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

I have had a Morton's neuroma on my right foot and have been dealing with that for a couple of years now. I have been using a metatarsal pad to help alleviate that problem. Over time I believe my toes are shifting at the neuroma and now I have developed my first ever corn on my second toe next to my big toe. I am also noticing a hard spot on my big toe. Almost like some sort of callus but harder right where the corn rubs. Almost like a formation on the bone.

Was this comment helpful?Yes
Comment from: k, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 02

I have a corn under my foot about 2 cm under my small toe. I have never worn tight shoes or high heels I wear open sandals or takkies. I don't know why I would get a corn! The doctor froze it once with hot ice but it is back. Today I dug it out, hope it stays away.

Was this comment helpful?Yes
Comment from: linda, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 30

I had a bone cut out of the side of my foot. A large callus formed and will not go away. I cut it off about every 2 weeks it is very painful but where it's at never touches my shoe.

Was this comment helpful?Yes

Patient Comments

Viewers share their comments

Corns - Treatments Question: What treatment has been effective for your corns?
Corns - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your corns?
Corns and Calluses - Seeing a Doctor Question: If you have corns or calluses, what were your reasons for seeking medical help?
Corns and Calluses - Prevention Question: How do you prevent recurrences of corns or calluses? Have you changed the type or style of shoes you wear?

Patient Comments are not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on MedicineNet. The opinions expressed in the comments section are of the author and the author alone. MedicineNet does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.

Alert If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.

Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration

You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Health Solutions From Our Sponsors