Patient Comments: Corneal Ulcer - Treatment

Please discuss the treatment or medication you received for your corneal ulcer. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: JC, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 28

I was treated with prescription steroid eye drops to reduce the inflammation. As I have allergies, I was also given prescription allergy eye drops for the corneal ulcer which only had to be used once daily. Results were good.

Comment from: Uniqhrn23, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I was diagnosed approximately 10 years ago of having a corneal abrasion, at my local hospital. I then was referred to an ophthalmologist (eye surgeon). I was diagnosed with a corneal ulcer and was prescribed Vigamox, & erythromycin ointment as well as some steroid eye drops. My condition is still on-going and I am running out of options as my chronic corneal ulcer is not getting better and my doctor has been talking about considering a corneal transplant.

Comment from: Marcio, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 17

I had no pain, but I was sensitive to sunlight and I had a whitish spot on the eye. I was prescribed Vigamox and Epitezan. Seek immediate help, corneal ulcer is a really serious condition.

View the Eye Diseases and Conditions Slideshow Pictures