Patient Comments: Colitis - Type

What type of colitis do you have? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: tony, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 08

I have been told I have focal active colitis. I have been on Enbrel for years for psoriasis treatments.

Comment from: bkfire123, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: December 16

My husband had a suprapubic catheter put in and 3 days later he is in the hospital with abdominal wall colitis.

Comment from: junglecatt, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 16

I have had colitis since my 20s. I have watery diarrhea constantly when it attacks. I take 8 Lomotil a day and all it does is slow it down some. This is a drain on my lifestyle. I have been told by doctor I have colitis in my bowel lining. I pass no blood, don't dehydrate, and usually no pain, just constant diarrhea.

Comment from: Pegwil, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 24

I had irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) for years, as a kid then as an adult, then I got C. difficile and ended up with bacteria associated C. difficile colitis. I"m also wheat and gluten intolerant, borderline celiac. So at times it can be a challenge, food is not always my friend. I manage well, but when it hits as it just did this past weekend it takes its toll on my whole system, then it"s a struggle to get it back into balance. I take Buscopan for the cramps, but rest is key.

Comment from: Charlotte, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

The results of my sigmoidoscopy and a colonoscopy were unspecified colitis! I had just recovered from C-difficile not long before that, so maybe that was the reason it couldn"t be pinned down. All I know is, it's painful and will hit when least expected!

Comment from: karen holler, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 12

I've had colitis for 3 weeks. It is torture and I am scared of having cancer. I am not sure what to do with it.

Comment from: scareuh, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 20

I am 21 and I was recently diagnosed with focal active colitis. I didn't like the doctor I had so I didn't really ask him much. But, I was wondering what exactly is focal active colitis?

View the Ulcerative Colitis Slideshow Pictures