Cocaine is an addictive stimulant that is smoked, snorted, and injected. Crack is cocaine that comes in a rock crystal that is heated to form vapors, which are then smoked. Cocaine has various effects on the body, including dilating pupils, constricting blood vessels, increasing body temperature, heart rate, and blood pressure. Read more: Cocaine and Crack Abuse Article
Related Disease Conditions
Cocaine and Crack Abuse
Second Source article from Government...
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) causes HIV infection and the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). Symptoms and signs...
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) Signs, Causes, Diet, and Treatment
High blood pressure (hypertension) is a disease in which pressure within the arteries of the body is elevated. About 75 million...
A heart attack happens when a blood clot completely obstructs a coronary artery supplying blood to the heart muscle. A heart...
Palpitations (Causes and Symptoms)
Palpitations are uncomfortable sensations of the heart beating hard, rapidly, or irregularly. Some types of palpitations are...
Stroke Causes, Warning Signs, Symptoms, and Treatments
A stroke is an interruption of the blood supply to part of the brain caused by either a blood clot (ischemic) or bleeding...
A toothache is a pain on or around a tooth. It may be caused by a variety of things from a cavity, abscess, or even sinusitis....
Vasculitis (Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, Types)
Vasculitis (arteritis, angiitis) is a general term for a group of uncommon diseases which feature inflammation of the blood...
Abdominal Pain (Causes, Remedies, Treatment)
Abdominal pain can have many causes that range from mild to severe. Some of these causes include bloating, gas, colitis,...
Sleep Disorders (How to Get a Good Night's Sleep)
A number of vital tasks carried out during sleep help maintain good health and enable people to function at their best. Sleep...
Nosebleeds are common in dry climates during winter months, and in hot dry climates with low humidity. People taking blood...
Headaches can be divided into two categories: primary headaches and secondary headaches. Migraine headaches, tension headaches,...
Children's health is focused on the well-being of children from conception through adolescence. There are many aspects of...
Suicide is the process of intentionally ending one's own life. Approximately 1 million people worldwide commit suicide each year,...
Drug addiction is a chronic disease that causes drug-seeking behavior and drug use despite negative consequences to the user and...
Pregnancy (Week By Week, Trimesters)
Signs and symptoms of pregnancy vary by stage (trimester). The earliest pregnancy symptom is typically a missed period, but...
Nausea and Vomiting (Causes, Natural Remedies, Diet, Medication)
Nausea is an uneasiness of the stomach that often precedes vomiting. Nausea and vomiting are not diseases, but they are symptoms...
Anxiety is a feeling of apprehension and fear characterized by symptoms such as trouble concentrating, headaches, sleep problems,...
An abscessed tooth is an infection within a tooth that has spread to the root. Symptoms of an abscessed tooth may include pain,...
Domestic violence, or intimate partner abuse, is when one person in an intimate relationship uses any means to control the other...
Aortic dissection is a small tear in the large blood vessel that leads from the heart and supplies blood to the body. There are...
Compulsive gambling is a disorder that affects millions in the U.S. Symptoms and signs include a preoccupation with gambling,...
Ecstasy (MDMA), Rohypnol, ketamine and GHB are a few of the different types of drugs abused at bars, raves and parties. Rohypnol...
Kidney dysplasia is a condition in which one or both of a baby's kidneys do not develop normally. In kidney dysplasia, cysts...
Seizure vs. Seizure Disorders (Differences and Similarities)
The differences between a seizure, epilepsy, and seizure disorders are confusing to many people. What makes it more confusing, is...
Local ResourcesFind a local Psychiatrist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Seizure (Epilepsy)
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Mouth Sores
- Enlarged Heart
- Decreased Appetite
- Difficulty With Speech
Medications & Supplements
- acetaminophen (Tylenol, Tylenol Arthritis Pain, Tylenol Ext, Little Fevers Children's Fever/Pain)
- propranolol, Inderal, Inderal LA, Innopran XL
- clonidine (Catapres, Catapres-TTS)
- citalopram, Celexa
- topiramate, Topamax, Qudexy XR, Topamax Sprinkle, Topiragen, Trokendi XR
- vigabatrin powder packets - oral
- vigabatrin - oral
- naloxone (Narcan, Evzio, Narcan Nasal Spray)
- Lyrica vs. Gabapentin: Differences between Pain Relief and Uses
Prevention & Wellness
- Heroin ODs Have Started Declining in Some States
- More Than 600,000 Opioid Abusers Raising Kids in U.S.
- Fentanyl Becoming a Deadly Accomplice in Cocaine, Meth Abuse
- Not Just Opioids: Deaths Tied to Cocaine, Meth Are Soaring, Too
- Overdose Attempts Skyrocket Among Teens, Young Adults: Study
- U.S. Teen Opioid Deaths Soaring
- Fatal Drug ODs Surging Among Young Americans
- Many 'Gen Xers' Desolate as They Navigate Adulthood: Study
- In Most States, Insurance Won't Cover Addiction Treatments
- Many Heroin Users Unprepared for Fentanyl OD
- Which Misused Prescription Meds Send Americans to the ER?
- U.S. Deaths From Suicide, Substance Abuse Reach Record High
- Opioid Overdose Deaths Quadruple, Centered in 8 States
- Use of 'Zombie' Drug Rare Among High School Seniors: Study
- As More Smoke Pot, Are Their Jobs at Risk?
- Opioid Prescriptions Almost Twice as Likely for Rural vs. Urban Americans
- 1-800-662-HELP: Too Few Opioid Users Aware of Lifesaving Helpline
- Today's More Potent Pot Means Higher Odds for Dependence: Study
- Hospitalizations Rising Among the Homeless
- New Approach to Opioid Crisis: Supervised Heroin Injection Programs?
- 'Huffing' Deodorant Cost One Teen His Life
- Many Drugstores Won't Dispense Opioid Antidote as Required
- Cocaine Cut With Anti-Worming Drug May Cause Brain Damage
- U.S. Opioid Overdose Deaths Reach New Record
- Fentanyl-Laced Crack Cocaine a Deadly New Threat
- Firsthand 9/11 Exposure Fueling Alcohol- and Drug-Related Deaths: Study
- Test Strips for Fentanyl May Help Prevent ODs
- High Schoolers on Heroin Abuse Other Drugs, Too
- Using Cocaine? Fingerprints Might Tell
- Cocaine, Other Drugs Detected in Carrie Fisher's System After Her Death
- Longer Addiction Treatment Is Better, Study Confirms
- When Cocaine's in the Mix, Safe Sex May Not Be
- Mouse Study Shows Cocaine Ravages Brain Cells
- Magnetic Brain Stimulation Might Treat Cocaine Addiction
- How Amphetamines, Cocaine Harm the Brain
- Cocaine Can Cause Heart Problems: Study
- Weed Use Up, Cocaine Use Down, U.S. Report Finds
- Cocaine Use Spurs Steep, Short-Term Rise in Stroke Risk: Study
- Laser Therapy Switches Cocaine Addiction On, Off in Rats: Study
- Many Cocaine Deaths Determined by Genes, Study Says
- Cocaine Raises Heart Risks for Fit, Young Adults: Study
- Illegal 'Bath Salts' Mimic Cocaine in the Brain: Study
- Cocaine Habit Might Speed Brain Aging
- More 'Safety' Workers Testing Positive for Drugs
- Fetal Cocaine Exposure May Not Affect Kids' Academics: Study
- Rat Study Sheds Light on Cocaine Addiction
- Contaminated Cocaine Can Cause Flesh to Rot
- As Temperatures Rise, So Do Cocaine Deaths
- Key to Cocaine Addiction May Lead to Treatment
- Key Protein May Fight Cocaine Addiction
- Vaccine May Treat Cocaine Addiction
- Honey Bees on Cocaine 'Dance' When Food Is Found