- What other names is Clown's Mustard Plant known by?
- What is Clown's Mustard Plant?
- How does Clown's Mustard Plant work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Clown's Mustard Plant.
Clown's mustard plant is used for digestion problems such as heartburn, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), stomach discomfort (gastritis), and bloating. It is also used for gout, muscle and joint aches and pains (rheumatism), rapid heartbeat, asthma, bronchitis, and fluid retention (edema).
Possibly Effective for...
- Heartburn, when a combination of clown's mustard plant and several other herbs is used. The combination (Iberogast, Medical Futures, Inc) includes clown's mustard plant plus peppermint leaf, German chamomile, caraway, licorice, milk thistle, celandine, angelica, and lemon balm. Taking this product reduces the amount of stomach acid in the throat (acid reflux), stomach pain, cramping, nausea, and vomiting.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Muscle and joint aches and pains (rheumatism).
- Rapid heartbeat.
- Other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Quick GuideHeartburn: Causes, Symptoms, Remedies, Treatments
nausea, diarrhea, and skin rashes.
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of clown's mustard plant during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
- For heartburn: A specific combination product containing clown's mustard plant (Iberogast, Medical Futures, Inc) and several other herbs has been used in a dose of 1 mL three times daily for 4 weeks.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.