Patient Comments: Claudication - Pain

Please describe the nature of your claudication pain.

Comment from: Frank, 65-74 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 17

The person I write about is my husband. He had a triple bypass four years ago and is generally a very fit man for his age. However, he does suffer with all the symptoms described as intermittent claudication. He's put up with this for years now. It's going worse and no help seems available. He's even been told there's nothing to be done! Many a night he jumps out of bed in severe pain with cramp. He can't walk very far without pain and it's such a shame as he's a very active person but I'd really appreciate some good advice. Not one doctor has actually diagnosed him with this condition. Maybe there is help out there.

Was this comment helpful?Yes
Comment from: Cjhooney, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I had triple bypass and was told to walk 4 days a week. I really tried but experienced so much severe pain in my calves that I couldn"t go 1/2 mile. I have to sit for a few minutes to get the gripping pain to stop. If I push through the claudication pain, my ankles swell horribly.

Was this comment helpful?Yes

Patient Comments

Viewers share their comments

Claudication - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms associated with claudication in you or someone you know?
Claudication - Treatment Question: What forms of treatment, including medication or surgery, did you or a relative receive for claudication?
Claudication - Diagnosis Question: How was your claudication diagnosed?

Patient Comments are not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on MedicineNet. The opinions expressed in the comments section are of the author and the author alone. MedicineNet does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.

Alert If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.

Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration

You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Health Solutions From Our Sponsors