Circumcision is a surgical procedure that removes the foreskin of the penis. Circumcision is generally a safe surgical procedure. Read more: Circumcision: The Surgical Procedure Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Related Disease Conditions
Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
A urinary tract infection (UTI) is an infection of the bladder, kidneys, ureters, or urethra. E. coli, a type of bacteria that...
STDs in Men
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are infections transmitted during sexual contact. They may be caused by viruses, bacteria,...
Cervical cancer is cancer of the entrance to the womb (uterus). Regular pelvic exams and Pap testing can detect precancerous...
Lichen sclerosus is a skin disease that causes white spots to form on the skin, which later grow into large, thin, and crinkled...
Stress occurs when forces from the outside world impinge on the individual. Stress is a normal part of life. However,...
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) causes HIV infection and the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). Symptoms and signs...
Signs and symptoms of penile cancer include a lump on the penis and redness, irritation, or a sore on the penis. Risk of penis...
Phimosis (Paraphimosis) Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments
Phimosis and paraphimosis are penis disorders. Phimosis is a condition where the foreskin can't retract behind the head of...
Balanitis (Inflammation of the Head of the Penis)
What causes balanitis? Balanitis is a condition in which the skin of the head of the penis becomes inflamed. If the foreskin is...
Penis disorders (male reproductive problems) include priapism, Peyronie's disease, balanitis, phimosis, paraphimosis, and penile...
Children's health is focused on the well-being of children from conception through adolescence. There are many aspects of...
Bernard-Soulier Disease (Giant Platelet Syndrome)
Bernard-Soulier disease is a rare inherited bleeding disorder caused by a defect in the platelet glycoprotein complex 1b-IX-V....
Sexual health information including birth control, impotence, herpes, sexually transmitted diseases, staying healthy, women's...
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- CDC Endorses Circumcision for Health Reasons
- Circumcision Past Newborn Stage Poses Risk for Boys, Study Finds
- Timing Influences Risk of Complications From Circumcision: Study
- U.S. Circumcision Rates Drop by 10 Percent: CDC
- Study May Explain How Circumcision Reduces HIV Risk
- New Policy Supports Choice for Male Circumcision
- Curbing Circumcision Boosts STDs, Study Contends
- Uncircumcised Boys at Higher Risk for Infection: Study
- Ritual in Some Jewish Circumcisions Raises Risk of Herpes Infection: Report
- Health Tip: Caring for Baby After Circumcision
- Can Circumcision Prevent Prostate Cancer?
- Health Highlights: Jan. 31, 2012
- Male Circumcision Cuts Women's Cervical Cancer Risk
- Sugar Water Eases Vaccine Pain for Babies
- Male Circumcision Improves Sex for Women
- Circumcision Can Reduce AIDS Risk, Study Shows
- Circumcision May Reduce Risk of STDs
- Circumcision: New Weapon Against AIDS?
- Male Circumcision May Cut HIV Risk
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Men's Health Newsletter