Patient Comments: Choledochal Cysts - Experience

Please describe your experience with choledochal cyst. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Suzanne, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 21

My daughter was diagnosed with a choledochal cyst in utero. When she was 3 months old, doctors removed the cyst (the size of a softball), her gallbladder, her appendix, and did a Roux-en-Y. She had a blockage the following year. She is now 25 years old and has stones in her bile duct. The doctor tried to perform an endoscopy to remove the stones (knowing it would be very difficult, but still tried). He was not successful. She currently has had one rendezvous procedure, is home with a biliary catheter and a stent in her bile duct to try to correct some stricture, and will be scheduled for another rendezvous procedure after the holidays. We are hoping the doctors will be able to remove the rest of the stones with this next procedure.

Comment from: Kat, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 18

I have no symptoms of choledochal cyst. Found it by chance when I got an MRI for my back. They did an endoscopy and now they want to operate, however I have very bad insurance.

Comment from: Aazumi, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

I had a choledochal cyst in liver when i was 20 years old. Now I'm 24 years old. I had an operation. It was successful. I was having normal life. But nowadays I started having a little pain in my scar in the abdomen. When I bend and dance or do any heavy work I feel pain in my abdomen. I'm getting fat and my tummy is increasing abnormally.

Comment from: Robert, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 14

I was told that I have a cyst on my pancreas. I have pain in upper abdomen and find it painful to eat. I'd like to know what can be done.

woman with abdominal pain