Children's health is focused on the well-being of children from conception through adolescence. There are many aspects of children's health, including growth and development, illnesses, injuries, behavior, mental illness, family health, and community health. Read more: Children's Health Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Sore Throat or Strep Throat? How to Tell the Difference
Explore the types and causes of a sore throat through pictures, including strep throat, and learn how to find relief from that...
What Is Scabies? Rash, Treatment, Symptoms, Pictures
Get the facts on scabies (itch mite) causes, signs and symptoms. Learn what scabies looks like and how to treat it through these...
Baby's First Year: Month to Month Development Milestones
When do babies learn to crawl? Start teething? Learn about major milestones in your baby's first months. Get tips on how to help...
Migraine or Headache? Migraine Symptoms, Triggers, Treatment
What does a migraine feel like? Discover the difference between headaches and migraines. Learn to spot migraine symptoms early,...
Childhood Obesity Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Childhood obesity has reached epidemic proportions. Take the Childhood Obesity Quiz to test your knowledge of the facts and...
Childhood ADHD Quiz: Test, Symptoms & Medication
Find out causes, symptoms, and treatments for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, a widespread behavioral condition...
Heat Rash Pictures, Symptoms, Causes, & Treatments
Do you know what heat rash looks like? Heat rash (also called prickly heat) develops when the skin sweat ducts become blocked....
ADHD Symptoms in Children
What is ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)? Learn to recognize ADHD symptoms in children....
Picture of Erythema Toxicum Neonatorum
This very common and completely benign condition usually arises in the first 2 days of life. See a picture of Erythema Toxicum...
Picture of Erythema Toxicum Neonatorum Eruption
The eruption shown was unusual in that it was so widespread and vesiculopustular. See a Erythema Toxicum Neonatorum Eruption and...
Autism Signs in Children: What Is Autism Spectrum Disorder?
What is autism? Learn about the signs, symptoms, and diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder. Get information about the causes of...
Abdominal Pain: Common Causes of Stomach Pain in Children
Abdominal pain in children can be more than just a tummy ache. What are the common causes of abdominal pain in children? Learn...
Dehydration: Causes, Symptoms & Tips to Stay Hydrated
Do you know the signs of dehydration? Dehydration can cause medical complications. Learn the causes, symptoms, treatments, and...
Symptoms of Mono: Infectious Mononucleosis Treatment
What is mononucleosis (mono)? Learn about mononucleosis (mono) symptoms, treatment, and diagnosis. Discover how mononucleosis...
Childhood Diseases: Measles, Mumps, & More
Is your child at risk for these childhood diseases? Know what to look for and when to call the doctor for conditions such as...
Common Childhood Skin Disorders
What are the most common skin rashes in children? Learn about childhood eczema, ring worm, chicken pox and more. Get the facts on...
Parenting: Learn to Be a Better Parent
Good parenting isn't magical. It takes learning, dedication, and hard work. Learn how to set rules, offer love, and discipline...
Lice & Nits: How to Get Rid of Head Lice
Learn how to get rid of head lice. Head lice attach themselves to the scalp and feed off of human blood. Discover head lice...
ADHD in Children: Better Parenting
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a common disorder seen in children. Parents can learn tips and techniques to...
12 Surprising Headache Triggers Tips
Painful headaches can ruin your productivity and quality of life. But what triggers headaches and migraines? Learn some...
Pictures of Allergy Relief Tips at Home: AC Filters, Electronic Air Cleaners, and More
Learn how a combination of medication, preventing allergens, and allergy relief products can reduce allergy symptoms and help you...
Healthy Living: 20 Common Health Myths Exposed
Can vitamin C cure colds? Read as we dispel the half-truths and common myths of health, from X-rays to eggs, from the...
Brain Foods: Healthy Food for Kids' Brains
Food for the brain boosts memory and concentration. Here are some healthy brain food meal ideas for toddlers and other kids....
How to Prevent the Common Cold
The common cold is arguably the most common human illness. Learn how long the common cold lasts, treatment for the common cold...
25 Ways to Stay Well Abroad in Pictures
Explore travel health tips and vaccines to prevent disease while abroad. Learn to protect yourself against malaria, hepatitis,...
Whooping Cough (Pertussis) Symptoms, Vaccine Facts
Whooping cough (bordetella pertussis) is a highly contagious bacterial infection. Read how vaccines and antibiotics could prevent...
Teen Drama: Handling Mean Girls, Cyber Bullying, and Sexting
Being a teenage girl comes with a variety of challenges. Here are tips on dealing with dating, sexting, cyber bullying, mean...
How to Get Rid of Nausea and Vomiting
What is nausea? Do you want to know how to get rid of nausea and how to stop vomiting? Learn home remedies for nausea,...
10 Tips to Soothe Your Crying or Colicky Baby
Learn top parenting tricks for calming crying, colicky, and fussy newborns and babies....
Effects of Secondhand Smoke: Facts
The effects of secondhand smoke can be hazardous to your health. Secondhand smoke can lead to lung cancer, heart disease, and...
Children’s Health: 11 Causes of Common Skin Rashes
What causes skin rashes in children? See which chemicals in your home could be causing your child's skin rash, irritated skin,...
Healthy Eating for Kids - Recipes and Meal Ideas
Teaching healthy eating to kids and toddlers can be tricky. How do you get your kids to eat vegetables? Are your kids eating a...
Your Child's First Year of Development
What developmental milestones can you expect to see during baby's first year? Find out when babies learn to smile, laugh, crawl,...
Bottle-Feeding and Infant Formula
Do you need to warm a bottle? What's the best way to burp your baby? Find out what you need to know about bottle feeding and...
How to Diaper Your Baby
With plenty of chances to diaper your newborn baby, these step-by-step tips will help you master the art of diaper changing and...
Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68): Symptoms and Treatment
What is Enterovirus D68? Learn about causes, symptoms and treatment for this deadly strain of EV-D68 virus that has sickened...
10 Common Symptoms in Infants and Young Toddlers
Watch this slideshow to see common symptoms and home treatment for infant and childhood illnesses including fever, nausea,...
Top Reasons Children Can't Sleep in Pictures
From snoring and nightmares to sleep apnea and even you, see the bad habits that are keeping your child up all night....
Tips For Raising Healthy Kids
Make smart choices about nutrition and help your child develop a positive relationship with healthy food. Read how to raise...
Top Surprises of Life After Baby Arrives in Pictures
What are surprises new parents when they bring a baby home? Learn about infant sleep, getting help, adult relationships, and...
Newborn Skin-Care: Rashes, Umbilical Cord Care, Bathing & Baby Products
What does normal baby skin look like? These photos will guide you in proper baby skin care. Learn how to care for your baby's...
Feeding Baby Year 1: Starting Solids With Baby Food in Pictures
These nutritious foods are great for your baby's first year, and include cereal and baby food. Our experts offer tips on starting...
Quick Tips to Feed a Picky Eater With Pictures
Discover these quick tips for feeding a picky eater. See the problems found with picky eaters and learn parenting strategies to...
Exercise Tips for Kids and the Whole Family
Exercise is great for kids, and fun activities for the whole family are there if you know how to find them. Learn how to lose...
Your Toddler: Typical Second-Year Milestones With Pictures
Your child's second year is full of toddler milestone such as running, climbing, kicking a ball, and more. Discover child...
Related Disease Conditions
The word "rash" means an outbreak of red bumps on the body. The way people use this term, "a rash" can refer to many different...
Asperger's Syndrome (Asperger Syndrome, Asperger Disorder)
Asperger's syndrome (AS, Asperger syndrome, Asperger disorder) is an autism spectrum disorder. Asperger's syndrome is...
The term "ringworm" or "ringworms" refers to fungal infections that are on the surface of the skin. A physical examination of...
Although a fever technically is any body temperature above the normal of 98.6 F (37 C), in practice, a person is usually not...
Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2)
Diabetes is a chronic condition characterized by high levels of sugar (glucose) in the blood. The two types of diabetes are...
Heat Rash (Symptoms, Pictures, Treatment, Remedies)
Heat rash is a skin irritation caused by excessive sweating. It can occur at any age and it appears as a rash that itches or...
Bullying is repeated physical or verbal aggression that involves an imbalance of power. Types of bullying include physical,...
Headaches can be divided into two categories: primary headaches and secondary headaches. Migraine headaches, tension headaches,...
Eustachian Tube (Dysfunction)
The Eustachian tube is a membrane lined tube that connects the middle ear space to the back of the nose. Symptoms of Eustachian...
Appendicitis is an inflammation of the appendix. Appendicitis often causes sings and symptoms such as abdominal pain in the...
Testicular Pain (Men and Boys: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment)
Testicular pain, or pain in the testicle or testicles are caused by a variety of diseases or conditions such as testicular...
Teething in babies typically starts between 4 and 10 months of age. Symptoms and signs of cutting teeth include rash, drooling,...
Nosebleeds are common in dry climates during winter months, and in hot dry climates with low humidity. People taking blood...
Sickle Cell Disease (Sickle Cell Anemia)
Sickle cell anemia (sickle cell disease), a blood disease which shortens life expectancy, is cause by an inherited abnormal...
Tonsillitis (Adnoiditis, Symptoms, Home Treatment, Pictures, Causes)
Tonsillitis is a contagious infection with symptoms of bad breath, snoring, congestion, headache, hoarseness, laryngitis,...
Pinworms (Infection in Children and Adults, Enterobiasis)
Pinworm infection is an intestinal infection caused by a pinworm, seatworm, or threadworm. Female pinworms leave the intestine...
Pneumonia is inflammation of the lungs caused by fungi, bacteria, or viruses. Symptoms and signs include cough, fever, shortness...
Sore throat (throat pain) usually is described as pain or discomfort in the throat area. A sore throat may be caused...
E. coli (0157:H7) (Symptoms, Treatment, Prevention)
There are many types of E. coli (Escherichia coli). E. coli can cause urinary tract and bladder infections, or lead to sepsis. E...
Leukemia is a type of cancer of the blood cells in which the growth and development of the blood cells are abnormal. Strictly...
Eczema is a general term for many types dermatitis (skin inflammation). Atopic dermatitis is the most common of the many types of...
Anemia is the condition of having less than the normal number of red blood cells or less than the normal quantity of hemoglobin...
Diarrhea (Causes, Medicine, Remedies, Treatment)
Diarrhea is a change is the frequency and looseness of bowel movements. Symptoms associated with diarrhea are cramping, abdominal...
Scoliosis causes an abnormal curvature of the spine. When the cause of scoliosis is unknown the disorder is described based on...
Warts (Common Warts)
Common warts are skin growths causes by the human papillomavirus. There are many types of warts, including plantar warts, common...
Migraine headache is a type of headache associated with a sensitivity to light, smells, or sounds, eye pain, severe pounding on...
There are two categories to cold weather-related injuries. 1) no freezing of body tissue (trench foot and chilblains), and 2)...
Impetigo is a contagious skin infection caused by staph and strep bacteria. There are two types of impetigo: nonbullous and...
Stomach Flu (Gastroenteritis) Symptoms, Signs Treatment Remedies, Diet
Stomach flu (gastroenteritis) is a term referred used to describe a variety of gastrointestinal problems. The most common signs...
Strep Throat (Treatment, Causes, Home Remedies)
Strep throat is a bacterial infection of the throat. Signs and symptoms of strep throat include headache, nausea, vomiting, sore...
Roseola is a viral illness that most commonly affects young children. Symptoms and signs include a sudden high fever that lasts...
Dehydration is the excessive loss of body water. There are a number of causes of dehydration including heat exposure, prolonged...
Infectious mononucleosis is a virus infection in which there is an increase of white blood cells that are mononuclear (with a...
Group B Strep
Group B strep are bacteria called Streptococcus agalactiae that may sometimes cause infections both in a pregnant woman and her...
Dyslexia affects a person's ability to spell, read, write, or even speak. It's considered the most common learning disability in...
Freckles are flat circular spots on the skin that may be red, yellow, tan, light brown, brown, or black in color. Lentigo is the...
Ear Infection (Otitis Media)
Middle ear infection or inflammation (otitis media) is inflammation of the middle ear. There are two forms of this type of ear...
The common cold (viral upper respiratory tract infection) is a contagious illness that may be caused by various viruses. Symptoms...
Mercury is a naturally occurring element found in water, soil, and the air. Mercury also is contained in some fish, some of the...
A keloid is a scar that doesn't know when to stop. When the cells keep on reproducing, the result is an overgrown (hypertrophic)...
Hemophilia is defined as one of a group of inherited bleeding disorders. Hemophilia A and hemophilia B are inherited in an...
Cystic fibrosis is a disease of the mucus and sweat glands. Cystic fibrosis is an inherited disease. The outcome of the disease...
Pinkeye, also called conjunctivitis, is redness or irritation of the conjunctivae, the membranes on the inner part of the eyelids...
Herpangina is a contagious illness often seen in children. It is caused by a Coxsackievirus or an enterovirus. Symptoms and signs...
Swimmer's Ear (Symptoms, Pain Remedies, Treatment, Prevention)
Swimmer's ear (external otitis) is an infection of the skin that covers the outer ear canal. Causes of swimmer's ear include...
Alcohol and Teens
Alcohol is the most frequently used drug by American teenagers. Teens that drink are more likely to drive under the influence,...
Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease
Hand, foot, and mouth syndrome is clinical pattern consisting of a rash on the hands and feet, and in the mouth. Hand, foot, and...
Head lice infection is called pediculosis. Lice are parasites that feed on blood and can be found on the scalp and hair of...
Croup Sounds, Symptoms, Causes, Remedies, and Treatments
Croup is a contagious viral infection that affects children's respiratory system. Symptoms include a barking cough, stridor,...
Stress occurs when forces from the outside world impinge on the individual. Stress is a normal part of life. However,...
Earwax (ear wax) is a natural substance secreted by special glands in the skin on the outer part of the ear canal. It repels...
Scarlet Fever (Scarlatina)
Scarlet fever, a bacterial infection caused by group A Streptococcus bacteria, causes symptoms and signs such as fever, rash with...
Dissociative Identity Disorder
Dissociative identity disorder (formerly known as multiple personality disorder or split personality disorder) is a mental...
Giardiasis (Giardia lamblia) is a parasite responsible for a common form of infectious diarrhea. The parasite lives in two...
An allergy refers to a misguided reaction by our immune system in response to bodily contact with certain foreign substances. ...
Jaundice (Hyperbilirubinemia) in Adults
Jaundice (hyperbilirubinemia) in adults may be caused by a variety of medical diseases or conditions. Some cases of jaundice can...
A polio infection causes symptoms and signs such as paralysis, limb deformities, and even death. There is no curative treatment...
Microcephaly is a genetic condition where the circumference of the head is smaller than normal due to underdeveloped brain....
Cuts, Scrapes and Puncture Wounds
Cuts, scrapes, and puncture wounds are common, and most people will experience one of these in their lifetime. Evaluating the...
Malaria is a disease that is spread by the bite of an infected Anopheles mosquito. Malaria symptoms include fever, chills,...
Dog Bite (Infections, Symptoms, Treatment, Management)
A dog bites about 4.5 million people each year, and about 27,000 will need surgery. Dog bites often become infected, and will...
Rickets is caused by a deficiency of vitamin D, calcium, or phosphate. Infants and children who are exclusively breastfed, have...
Mental Illness in Children
About 5 million children and adolescents in the U.S. suffer from a serious mental illness such as eating disorders, anxiety...
Mumps is an acute viral illness caused by the mumps virus. Symptoms of mumps include fever, headache, muscle aches, tiredness,...
Grief: Loss of a Loved One
Grief is the feeling one experiences after a loss (of a friendship, death of loved one, job). Complicated grief refers to grief...
Chickenpox (chicken pox) is a contagious childhood disease caused by the varicella-zoster virus. Symptoms have an incubation...
Lipodystrophy (Acquired, Generalized, Inherited)
Lipodystrophy is a syndrome in which fat deposits accumulate all over the body, or sometimes just portions of it, like just the...
Approximately 40 million children suffer abuse every year around the world, and more than 1,500 children die of abuse in the U.S....
Birth defects have many causes and currently, are the leading cause of death for infants in the first year of life. Some of the...
Whooping Cough (Pertussis)
Whooping cough (pertussis) is highly contagious respiratory infection that is caused by the bacteria Bordetella pertussis. There...
Growth Plate Fractures and Injuries
Growth plate fractures and injuries occur in the area growing tissue near the end of the long bones of children and teens. Both...
Burns (First Aid)
Burn types are based on their severity: first-degree burns, second-degree burns, and third-degree burns. First-degree burns are...
Birthmarks and other abnormal skin pigmentation is caused by the body's inability to produce enough melanin. Abnormal skin...
Get the facts on Down syndrome, a genetic disorder caused by an additional set of chromosomes in a developing fetus. Down...
Broken Bone (Types of Bone Fractures)
A broken bone is a fracture. There are different types of fractures, such as: compressed, open, stress, greenstick,...
Hydrocephalus is an abnormal buildup of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) in the ventricles of the brain. The fluid is often under...
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), a psychiatric condition, can develop after any catastrophic life event. Symptoms include...
Asthma is a condition in which hyperreactive airways constrict and result in symptoms like wheezing, coughing, and shortness of...
Thrush and Other Yeast Infections in Children
Yeast infections are caused by an overgrowth of a type of fungus called Candida. Oral thrush is a yeast infection of the mouth...
Measles (rubeola) is a highly contagious disease that's caused by a virus. Symptoms include a rash, high fever, cough, runny...
Hydrocele is a collection of clear fluid in a thin walled sack that also contains the testicle. Hydroceles are more common in...
Foreign Objects or Insects In the Ear
Objects or insects in the ear can be placed in the ear by patients themselves, or an insect crawling in the ear. Ear wax can also...
Eye allergy (or allergic eye disease) are typically associated with hay fever and atopic dermatitis. Medications and cosmetics...
Rotavirus is the most common cause of severe diarrhea among infants and children throughout the world. Almost all children have...
Cold and Cough Medicine for Infants and Children
The safety of giving infants and children over-the-counter (OTC) cold and cough medicine is important for caregivers to...
Urinary Tract Infections in Children
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are very common in children. Symptoms and signs include fever and abdominal pain. Associated...
Suicide is the process of intentionally ending one's own life. Approximately 1 million people worldwide commit suicide each year,...
Childhood ADD or ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Children)
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) causes the following symptoms in children: excessive activity, problems...
Autism Spectrum Disorder (In Children and Adults)
Autism in children and adults is a developmental disorder, characterized by impaired development in communication, social...
Indoor allergens are substances that can cause an allergic reaction in some people. Common sources of indoor allergens include...
Urinary Incontinence in Children
Urinary incontinence in children (enuresis) is twice as common in boys as in girls and may occur during the daytime or nighttime....
Colic in Babies
Colic is crying or fussing that begins suddenly, lasting for a total of three hours a day and happening more than three days a...
Sleepwalking (Causes, Symptoms, Treatment)
Sleepwalking is a condition in which an individual walks or does other activities while asleep. Factors associated with...
A diaper rash is a skin irritation that develops in the diaper-covered region. Most diaper rashes are caused by bacterial or...
Fragile X Syndrome
Fragile X syndrome is the most common inherited form of mental retardation. It's caused by a mutation on the X chromosome. People...
Depression in Children
Childhood depression can interfere with social activities, interests, schoolwork and family life. Symptoms and signs include...
Vitamins and Calcium Supplements
Vitamins are organic substances that are essential for the proper growth and functioning of the body. Calcium is a mineral...
Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)
Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is a highly contagious viral infection. Symptoms include fever and nasal congestion and...
Phenylketonuria (PKU) is a disorder that is inherited. PKU disorder increases the levels of phenylalanine in the blood....
Anencephaly is a neural tube defect that prevents abnormal development of the brain and bones of the skull, and are missing large...
Tetanus is an often-fatal disease caused by nerve toxins produced by the common bacteria Clostridium tetani. In a seven-day...
Meningococcemia is a bloodstream infection caused by Neisseria meningitides. Meningococcemia symptoms include fever, headache,...
Dental injuries range from a chipped or fractured tooth to a knocked out tooth. Treatment depends upon the severity of the dental...
Cerebral palsy (CP) is an abnormality of motor function and postural tone acquired at an early age (even before birth). Cerebral...
Cocaine and Crack Abuse
Cocaine is an addictive stimulant that is smoked, snorted, and injected. Crack is cocaine that comes in a rock crystal that is...
Drowning (Dry, Wet, Near)
Drowning is a common cause of death and disability worldwide. In the US, it is the third most common cause of accidental death....
Smoking (How to Quit Smoking)
Smoking is an addiction. More than 430,000 deaths occur each year in the U.S. from smoking related illnesses. Secondhand smoke or...
Osgood-Schlatter disease, a painful inflammation just below the knee but above the shin, typically affects adolescent boys....
Teen Drug Abuse
Drugs commonly abused by teens include tobacco products, marijuana, cold medications, inhalants, depressants, stimulants,...
Is Roseola Contagious?
Roseola is a common viral infection among children 6-24 months of age. Symptoms and signs include a high fever and a rash all...
Intussusception is the telescoping (prolapse) of a portion of the intestine within another immediately adjacent portion of...
Fifth Disease (Parvovirus, Erythema Infectiosum)
Fifth disease (erythema infectiosum) is caused by a virus known as parvovirus B 19. Symptoms include low-grade fever, fatigue, a...
Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome
Hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) is a diseases in which blood clots within the capillaries. Causes associated with HUS...
Good parenting helps foster empathy, honesty, self-reliance, self-control, kindness, cooperation, and cheerfulness, says...
Guinea Worm Disease
Guinea worm disease (GWD or dracunculiasis) is an infection caused by the parasite Dracunculus medinensis. After a person drinks...
Teeth Grinding (Bruxism)
Bruxism is the medical term for teeth grinding. Bruxism may be caused by stress or anxiety and often happens during sleep....
A branchial cyst is a congenital remnant from embryologic development that appears on the side of the neck. The cyst may develop...
Anorexia is an eating disorder characterized by markedly reduced appetite or total aversion to food. Anorexia is a serious...
Trachoma is an infectious disease caused by the Chlamydia trachomatis bacteria. Symptoms and signs include redness and irritation...
Shigellosis is a disease caused by the Shigella bacteria. Bloody diarrhea, stomach cramps, and fever are common symptoms. Mild...
Fast-food consumption and lack of exercise are just a couple of causes of childhood obesity. Health effects of childhood obesity...
Concussion is a short-lived loss of brain function that is due to head trauma. There are two types of concussion, simple and...
Prader-Willi syndrome is a condition characterized by severe floppiness (hypotonia), poor growth, delayed development, and poor...
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
Borderline personality disorder is a serious mental illness characterized by pervasive instability in moods, interpersonal...
Learning disabilities can cause an individual to have trouble learning and using skills such as reading, listening, writing,...
Leigh's Disease (Leigh's Syndrome)
Leigh's disease (Leigh's syndrome) is a rare genetic neurometabolic disorder. The symptoms of Leigh's disease include loss of...
Reye's syndrome (RS or Reye syndrome) is a sudden, sometimes fatal, disease of the brain with degeneration of the liver. Reye...
Stuttering is a speech disorder characterized by speech disruptions such as prolongations of speech sounds, syllables or words,...
The most common food allergies are to eggs, nuts, milk, peanuts, fish, shellfish, strawberries and tomatoes. Symptoms and signs...
Kawasaki disease is a rare children's disease characterized by a fever that lasts more than five days and at least four of the...
People with bulimia nervosa, an eating disorder that involves episodes of bingeing and purging, experience symptoms and signs...
Cryptosporidiosis is an intestinal disease caused by the Cryptosporidium parasite. Symptoms include watery diarrhea, stomach...
Monkeypox is a viral disease that causes symptoms such as fever, sweating, and a rash with papules and pustules on the face and...
Braces and Retainers
Find out more about how orthodontic braces and retainers can provide proper alignment to crooked teeth. Get information about the...
Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis)
Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (juvenile rheumatoid arthritis or JRA) annually affects one child in every thousand. There are six...
Secondhand smoke can cause illness and disease in nonsmokers. Some of these conditions include lung cancer, heart disease,...
Separation anxiety disorder is a common childhood anxiety disorder that has many causes. Infants, children, older kids and adults...
Shaken Baby Syndrome (Abusive Head Trauma)
Shaken baby syndrome, or abusive head trauma, is the condition that describes the symptoms and signs that result from the violent...
Hirschsprung Disease (Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments)
Hirschsprung disease is an inherited condition that is present at birth (congenital) in which the nerves of parts of the large...
Congenital Heart Defects
Congenital heart defects are heart problems that are present at birth. Genetics may play a role in some heart defects. Symptoms...
Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
Idiopathic means that the cause of the condition isn't known. Thrombocytopenic means there's a lower than normal number of...
Pregnancy and Drugs (Prescription and OTC)
Taking prescription medications or over-the-counter drugs or supplements should be discussed with your doctor. There are some...
Yaws is an infectious disease that mainly occurs in the tropical areas of South and Central America, Asia, Africa, and the...
Hearing loss (deafness) may be present at birth or it may manifest later in life. Deafness may be genetic or due to damage from...
Learn more about cavities including symptoms, treatment, and prevention. See how tooth decay, plaque, and bacteria contribute to...
Spina Bifida and Anencephaly (Neural Tube Defects)
Spina bifida is the most common neural tube defect in the United States. There are four types of spina bifida; 1) occulta, 2)...
Acute Flaccid Myelitis (AFM)
Acute flaccid myelitis (AFM) is a condition that affects the nervous system, causing weakening of the muscles and reflexes....
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS)
Consuming alcohol during pregnancy may cause fetal alcohol syndrome, a group of conditions associated with mental, growth, and...
Febrile seizures, or convulsions caused by fever, can be frightening in small children or infants. However, in general, febrile...
Neuroblastoma is a type of cancer that usually afflicts children under 5 years of age. The cancer forms in the adrenal glands,...
Though human milk is the preferred feeding for infants, parents may consider formula-feeding if there is an inadequate supply of...
Hunter Syndrome (Mucopolysaccharidosis II, MPS II)
Hunter syndrome (mucopolysaccharidosis II, MPS II) is an inherited or genetic disease. Signs and symptoms of Hunter syndrome...
Nightmares are dreams that cause high anxiety or terror. Nightmares may be a part of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and...
Choledochal cysts are cysts of the bile ducts. There are several different types of choledochal cysts. These cysts are...
Asthma in Children
Asthma in children manifests with symptoms such as coughing and wheezing. Rates of asthma in children are increasing. Asthma in...
Sleep and Sleep Disorders in Children and Teenagers
Sleep needs in children and teenagers depend on the age of the child. Sleep disorders in children such as: sleep apnea,...
Niemann-Pick disease is genetic (inherited) disease referred to as lipid storage disease. Niemann-Pick disease is divided into...
Cleft Palate and Cleft Lip
Cleft palate and cleft lip are facial and oral defects that occur early in pregnancy. A cleft lip is a split of the two sides of...
Travelers should prepare for their trip by visiting their physician to get the proper vaccinations and obtain the necessary...
Teenagers recognize that they are developmentally between child and adult. Teen health prevention includes maintaining a healthy...
Landau-Kleffner syndrome (LKS, infantile acquired aphasia, acquired epileptic aphasia, or aphasia with convulsive disorder), a...
Pervasive Development Disorders
Pervasive development disorders (PPDs) are conditions involving developmental delays in children. There are five types of PDDs:...
German Measles (Rubella)
German measles is a disease that's caused by a virus. Symptoms include rash and fever for two to three days. The MMR (measles,...
Bipolar Disorder in Children and Teens
Bipolar disorder, or manic-depressive illness, is a disorder that causes unusual and extreme mood changes. Symptoms of bipolar...
Bedwetting, or nocturnal enuresis, is the accidental passage of urine while asleep. There are two types of bedwetting: primary...
Jaundice (Newborn, Kernicterus)
Jaundice in infants occur when the baby's liver may not be developed enough to efficiently rid the body of bilirubin. Symptoms of...
Enterovirulent E. coli (EEC)
Enterovirulent Escherichia coli (E. coli) are strains of related bacteria that have a strong propensity to cause gastrointestinal...
Parenting a Child With ADHD
ADHD is a behavioral condition with characteristics that include hyperactivity, inattention, and impulsivity. Parenting a child...
Poison Control Centers
The United States National Poison Hotline is 1-800-222-1222. When you call this number you will be automatically linked to the...
Insect Sting Allergies
The majority of stinging insects in the United States are from bees, yellow jackets, hornets, wasps, and fire ants. Severity of...
Bernard-Soulier Disease (Giant Platelet Syndrome)
Bernard-Soulier disease is a rare inherited bleeding disorder caused by a defect in the platelet glycoprotein complex 1b-IX-V....
Juvenile Bone Health
Setting a good example for your children when it comes to diet and exercise will help them to make healthy decisions about...
Local ResourcesFind a local Pediatrician in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Ear Tubes
- Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy Surgical Instructions
- Rapid Strep Test
- HIV Testing
- Circumcision: Medical Pros and Cons
- Lumbar Puncture (LP or Spinal Tap)
- Breastfeeding (and Formula Feeding)
- Pinworm Test
- Stool Acidity Test
- Circumcision: The Surgical Procedure
- Apgar Score
- Childhood Vaccination Schedule
- Bone Marrow Aspiration and Biopsy
- Flu Vaccine (Flu Shot)
- Detecting Hearing Loss in Children
- Vaccination Schedule for Adults and Adolescents
- Developmental Screening
- Pediatric Epilepsy Surgery
- Gardasil HPV Vaccine
- Choosing a Toothbrush
- ADHD FAQs
- Childhood Obesity Overweight FAQs
- Tooth Eruption Chart
- Do You Need a Tetanus Shot?
- Mental Health: Questions to Ask When Choosing a Provider and Doctor
- Kids and Exercise (Growth and Development)
- Developmental Screening - Critical for Every Child
- SIDS - Risk Factors and Prevention
- Healthy Snacks: 15 Healthy Foods to Pack in a School Lunch
- Children: Tips for Choosing a Pediatrician
- Colds: 10 Tips to Prevent The Common Cold
- Nutrition: Juice Drinks for Toddlers - How Much Is Too Much?
- Swimmer's Ear: The Facts
- Tonsillectomy: Does My Child Need a Tonsillectomy?
- Paper Shredders: Pose Risk for Injuries
- Childhood and Obesity
- Parenting with Love and Logic
- Sports Safety for Kids
- Toddler Health - Are Bowed Legs Normal?
- Home and Family
- Paternity Test
- Sudden Death in Athletes
- Swine Flu: One New York City Pediatrician's View
- Swine Flu: How a Hospital Prepares for Patients
- Swine Flu Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Vaccination
- What to Do if You Think You Have H1N1 Swine Flu Virus
- H1N1 Swine Flu Can Infect Some Pets
- Child Development Stages
- National Poison Prevention Week
- Exercise Preventing Asthma?
- Bicycle Safety: Safe Cycling
- Pharmacy Visit, How To Get The Most Out of Your Visit
- Candle Wicks Containing Lead
- Vaccine Not a Risk for Autism
- TV Time Replaces Fruit & Vegetables
- Antidepressants Banned for UK Kids
- Fathers Care for Kids, Too
- Untimely Tip - Helmets for Ice Skating Kids
- FDA Knew Antidepressant Danger to Kids
- Mercury Taints Rivers, Lakes in US
- Kid's Early TV = Poor Attention Later
- Vaccine Mess Alert
- Flu Shot Fiasco, Critical Incident Report
- Age Appropriate Halloween Tips for Kids
- 5 Surprising Facts About Rheumatoid Arthritis
- The Hygiene Hypothesis
- Deaths of Young Children in Cambodia
- What Does Bloody Diarrhea in Toddlers Mean?
- Stargardt's Disease: A Form of Vision Loss
- 10 Dog Bite Prevention Tips
- Lead Poisoning - The Lead Story
- Sports and Concussions: What Are the Recommendations?
- Drug Abuse: Low Self-Esteem & Drug Abuse in Boys
- Fifth Disease: Fathoming Fifth Disease
- Secondhand Smoke May Lower Children's IQ
- Whooping Cough Symptoms
- Concussion Symptoms and Testing
- Non-Polio Enterovirus Disease
- 9 Common Newborn Screening Tests
- Sore Throat: Virus or Strep?
- Are Poinsettia Plants Poisonous? Fact or Fiction?
- Does Vitamin D Deficiency Cause Symptoms?
- When to Call the Doctor for Fever, Nausea, Diarrhea, Colds, and Coughs
- Cryptosporidium Symptoms and Treatment
- Influenza A (H3N2)v: What Goes Around Comes Around
- Autism: Early Symptoms and Screening Tests
- Head Lice Prevention (Podcast)
- Ask the Experts - Childhood Obesity
- Ask the Experts - Children's Health
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- More U.S. Teens, Kids Seeking Mental Health Care in ERs
- Cost Puts Sports, Art Programs Out of Reach for Many Families
- Nix That TV in Your 4-Year-Old's Bedroom
- Young Child Goes to ER for Medicine Poisoning Every 10 Minutes: Report
- Exposing Baby to Foods Early May Help Prevent Allergies
- Health Tip: Treating Rashes
- Fewer Boys Are Suffering Head Injuries, But Rate Rises for Girls
- How to Protect Your Kids From Drowning
- Keep Your Child Safe in Her High Chair
- Health Tip: Concussion Recovery for Children
- Poor Asthma Control Tied to Worse School Performance
- Man Who Got Measles After Not Getting Vaccine as Child Warns Others of the Danger
- How to Help When Your Child is Struggling in School
- 6 Years: How Long New Parents Can Expect to Lose Sleep
- Health Tip: Too Much Screen Time
- FDA to Crack Down on Retailers That Keep Selling Tobacco to Kids
- Largest Study Ever Finds No Link Between Measles Vaccine, Autism
- Health Tip: Choking Hazards for Children
- Health Tip: Stretches for Young Athletes
- Social Media 'Influencers' Can Get Kids Eating Junk Food
- NYC Measles Outbreak Cases Reach 121
- Featherlight, Wireless Sensors Let Parents Cuddle Their Preemies
- California Parents Are Getting Around Vaccine Law, Fueling Measles Outbreaks
- One Plus of Texting, Social Media: Divorce Made Easier on Kids
- Single Moms Often Put Kids' Health Care First, Study Finds
- Painless Ways to Limit Your Kids' Screen Time
- Adding Breakfast to Classrooms May Have a Health Downside
- Green Space Good for Your Child's Mental Health
- Health Tip: Protecting Children from the Flu
- Taking a Bite Out of Food Ads Targeted to Kids
- Toxins in Home Furnishings Can Be Passed on to Kids
- Screen Time for the Very Young Has Doubled in 20 Years: Study
- Health Tip: 10 Ways to Encourage Kids to Eat Healthier
- Keep Your Kids Safe From Burns
- Kid-Friendly Food Swaps Everyone Will Love
- Don't Open Medical Pot Dispensaries Near Schools: Poll
- Codeine: An Opioid Threat to Kids
- Does Bullying Start at Home?
- Opioids Overprescribed for Common Children's Fracture, Study Says
- Poor Sleep Plagues Many Kids With Autism
- Health Tip: Becoming a Step Parent
- As U.S. Measles Outbreaks Spread, Why Does 'Anti-Vax' Movement Persist?
- California Bill Would Tighten Controls on Children's Genitalia Surgery
- Washington State Measles Cases Now at 48 Since Jan. 1
- Surgery Restores Movement to Kids With Polio-Like Illness
- Bouncing From 'Jump Park' Trampolines Into the ER
- Health Tip: Prevent the Spread of Head Lice
- Staying Off Facebook Brings Benefits: Study
- More Infant Ibuprofen Recalled Due to Higher Concentrations
- Too Much Screen Time a Damper on Child's Development
- Someday, a Pig's Heart Might Save a Child's Life
- Health Tip: Cook With Your Child
- Helping Kids Develop Good Study Habits
- Measles a Public Health Emergency in 'Anti-Vax' Hotspot Near Portland, Ore.
- Health Tip: How Much Sleep Does Your Child Need?
- Many Parents Wrong About What Prevents Colds in Kids
- FDA Chief Threatens to Halt E-Cigarette Sales
- Antibiotics Still Misused in Babies With Viral Lung Infections
- Health Tip: Prevent Rotavirus
- Junk Food Ads Target Minority Kids: Study
- Health Tip: Managing Your Family's Digital Life
- Baby Steps Head Off a Fussy Eater
- Health Tip: Reduce Childhood Stress
- Here's How the Government Shutdown Could Affect Your Health
- Teens Who Hurt Themselves More Likely to Hurt Others
- Health Tip: Foster Healthy Hair Habits for Kids
- Experts Outline Down Syndrome's Developmental Milestones
- Health Tip: When a Child's Adenoids Act Up
- Health Tip: Some Cake Decorations Shouldn't Be Eaten
- Why It's Important to Boost Baby's Vocabulary Now
- A Smooth Move Makes for a Happier Child
- Making Your Child Apologize May Backfire
- Health Tip: Risk Factors for Stroke in Kids
- Be Alert for Concussions in Young Athletes
- Is Juice on School Menus a Problem?
- Even Non-Concussion Head Hits Affect Young Football Players' Vision
- Toy Guns Pose Big Threat to Young Eyes
- Health Tip: Lessen Growing Pains
- Don't Send Report Cards Home on This Day
- Health Tip: Keep Toys Simple
- Parents, Think Before You Drink This Holiday
- Healthy Sleep Habits for Kids Pay Off
- More Sleep in Seattle: Later Start to School Brings Kids Better Grades
- 'Experience to Share': Facebook Page Helps Families Hit by Polio-Like Illness
- Nose Holds Clues to Baby's First Cold
- Family, School Support May Help Stop Bullies in Their Tracks
- Health Tip: Understanding Eczema
- Are Kids' Playgrounds Really Safe?
- Whole Grain-Rules for School Lunches Rolled Back by Trump Administration
- Infections in the Young May Be Tied to Risk for Mental Illness: Study
- Make Those School Lunches More Nutritious
- Health Tip: Create a Reading-Friendly Home
- Doctors More Cautious Now When Prescribing Opioids to Kids
- Cases of Polio-Like Illness Now at 134, But Season May Have Peaked
- Many Cases of Polio-Like Illness in Kids May Be Misdiagnosed
- Global Spike in Measles a 'Serious Concern'
- Old-Fashioned Play Beats Digital Toys for Kids, Pediatricians Say
- Health Tip: Take Care of Your Child's Vision
- Could Young Age at School Start Lead to False Diagnosis of ADHD?
- Health Tip: Safe Tips For Antibiotic Use
- CDC Confirms 116 Cases of Polio-Like Condition
- Obesity Boosts Childhood Asthma Risk by 30 Percent
- What Are This Year's Most Dangerous Toys?
- Drug Studies in Children Often Go Unfinished: Study
- For Kids' Sports, Diversification Is Best
- Nearly 1 in 12 U.S. Kids Has a Food Allergy
- Secondhand Pot Smoke Found in Kids' Lungs
- 11th Child Dies in Respiratory Virus Outbreak at N.J. Care Facility
- 1 in 5 U.S. High School Students Now Vapes: CDC
- CDC Probe Continues as Cases of Polio-Like Illness Rise in Kids
- Health Tip: Long-Term Anxiety Can Affect Learning
- Kids Get Caught in Deadly Cross-Fire of Domestic Violence
- Your 6-Month-Old Isn't Sleeping Through the Night? Relax
- Bringing Baby in a Lyft, Uber? Child Car Seats Are Rarely Included
- Most Child Tonsillectomies Unnecessary, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Limit Fat, Sugar and Salt in Your Child's Diet
- A Baby's Laugh Is Truly Monkey Business
- HPV Vaccination Rates Continue to Lag in U.S.
- Smartphones, Summer Birth Could Raise Kids' Odds for Nearsightedness
- Health Tip: Ease Separation Anxiety
- Cases of Polio-Like Condition Still Increasing: CDC
- Sleep May Speed Kids' Recovery From Concussion
- Health Tip: If Your Child Develops a Fever
- More Americans Are Raising Their Grandkids
- A Childhood Full of Happy Memories Might Benefit Your Health Today
- Pediatricians Renew Call to Abandon Spanking
- Antibiotics During Infancy May Up Childhood Obesity Risk
- Health Tip: When Kids Drink Coffee
- Instant-Soup Burns Send Almost 10,000 Kids to ERs Each Year
- Obesity May Harm Kids' Academics, Coping Skills
- Many U.S. Parents Share Leftover Antibiotics: Survey
- Injured Parent Can Mean Sleepless Nights for Kids
- Health Tip: A Pediatrician's Role in Special Education
- Kids' Pedestrian Death Rate Rises on Halloween: Study
- Common Chemical Tied to Language Delay in Kids
- Naps Don't Help Down Syndrome Kids Learn: Study
- Getting Flu Shot Annually Won't Undermine Its Effectiveness in Kids
- Parents, Don't Be So Quick to Jump to an ADHD Diagnosis
- Health Tip: Discussing Divorce With Kids
- Smoke Alarm With Mom's Voice Wakes Children Faster
- 1 in 4 College Students Really Stressed Out by 2016 Election: Survey
- Breastfeeding May Shield Baby From Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria
- Try Small 'Bites' to Get Kids to Exercise
- CDC Warns of Polio-Like Virus Striking More U.S. Kids
- Countries That Ban Spanking See Less Teen Violence: Study
- Head Blows Without Concussion May Not Damage Brain, Study Claims
- Health Tip: Know the Risks of Chicken Pox
- More Young American Children Not Getting Recommended Vaccines: CDC
- Here's Another Good Reason to Not Pick Your Nose
- Skip the Cold Meds for Kids Under 6, Experts Say
- Health Tip: Evaluating Your Child's Handwriting
- Polio-Like Condition in Children on Rise Again in U.S.
- Health Tip: Understanding Auditory Processing Disorder
- Path to Obesity May Start in Preschool
- Health Tip: Treat Your Child's Allergies
- More Evidence Video Games May Trigger Aggression in Kids
- Growing Up Poor May Permanently Damage Thinking Skills
- Just Witnessing School Violence Can Leave Psychic Scars
- Health Tip: Help Your Child Deal With Night Terrors
- Breast Milk May Boost Preemies' Brain Development
- Brief Exercise Breaks During Class Help Bodies, Brains
- Can Too Much Screen Time Dumb Down Your Kid?
- Fast Foods' Healthier Options Might Not Help Kids Eat Better
- Health Tip: When College Kids Should Go to the Doctor
- Booster Shots Safe for Most Kids Who Have Vaccine Reaction: Study
- Health Tip: Let Kids Play
- Parents Fret Over Fussy Eaters - but What Works?
- Can Mouth Swab at Age 2 Predict Obesity?
- Milk Straight From Breast Best for Baby's Weight
- Heart Defects, Sleep Apnea a Deadly Mix for Infants
- Regular Bedtime Might Be Key to Better Health
- Boys Lag Behind Girls in Reading by 4th Grade
- Health Tip: Traveling by Air
- Could Household Cleaners Make Your Kid Fat?
- Health Tip: Protect Your Child's Hearing
- Mumps Spread Quickly at Texas Cheerleading Meets: Study
- Health Tip: Help Support Memory With These Foods
- Infant Walkers Still Injuring Thousands of Babies
- Many Foster Kids Inappropriately Prescribed Psych Drugs
- More Water, Mom? H2O Is Top Kids' Beverage in U.S.
- Picky Eating May Mask Larger Issues
- A Needle-Free Flu Vaccine in the Mail? It Might Happen
- How to Reassure Kids When Florence Strikes
- When Blood Sugar Rises in Pregnancy, Mom and Baby Pay the Price
- Acne Advice for Returning Students
- Health Tip: Recognizing a Learning Disorder
- Talking to Baby Might Boost Middle School Success
- Health Tip: It's Back to School Time
- New One-Dose Flu Drug Shows Promise
- Kids Without Access to Good Food Face High Blood Pressure Risk
- Health Tip: Connect With Your Child
- Routine X-Rays, Blood Tests Not Needed for Children's Concussions
- Health Tip: Protect Your Child After Pet Exposure
- All Children Should Receive Flu Vaccine ASAP, Doctors Advise
- Homelessness Takes Toll on Kids' Health Even Before They're Born
- Health Tip: Promote Play for Your Child
- IVF May Put Children at Risk for High Blood Pressure
- Is the U.S. Really a Land of Opportunity?
- Pfizer Recalls a Type of Children's Advil
- Drug for Spinal Muscular Atrophy May Help Older Children: Study
- Babies of Opioid-Addicted Moms May Struggle in School
- Pediatricians Make Change to Child Car Seat Guidelines
- Health Tip: Buy the Right Backpack for Your Child
- Health Tip: Pool Fencing Helps Prevent Drowning
- Teaching Your Kids Online Safety
- Expert Advice for a Safe Trip Back to School
- College Grades Low? Try a Different Seat in the Classroom
- Put Good Health on Your Child's Back-to-School Checklist
- Here's Food for Thought -- and School Success
- School Kids Need Supervision After Classes End
- Health Tip: Pack a Healthy Lunch for Your Child
- As U.S. Kids Take More Meds, Dangerous Drug Mixes Could Rise
- Your Kid's New Reading Buddy Could Be a Robot
- Kids With Autism Learn, Grow With the 'Social Robot'
- Health Tip: Your Toddler Can Be a Vegetarian
- Health Tip: Manage the Terrible 3's
- Are High-Tech Baby Monitors Worth It? Or Even Safe?
- Read Any Good Books Lately? No, Teens Say, We're Too Busy Texting and Online
- Health Tip: Prevent Childhood Obesity
- When Kids Focus on 1 Sport, Overuse Injuries Rise
- How to Prevent Your Child From Getting Bullied -- or Being a Bully
- When a Parent Has Cancer, Kids Suffer Long Term: Study
- Kids' Play Is Healthy, Pediatricians' Group Says
- 4 Ways to Protect Your Child From Allergic Reactions at School
- Getting Kids Ready for the New School Year
- Most Parents Say Tsk, Tsk to Tattoos for Their Teens
- U.S. Measles Outbreak Hits 107 Cases in 21 States, D.C.
- Give Your Child a Head Start With Math
- Court Rules That U.S. Must Halt Sales of Pesticide
- Measles Case Reported in Minnesota
- Homeless Babies Face Lasting Health Risks
- Signs Your Child Might Have Hearing Loss
- Health Tip: How Often Do Kids Need to Bathe?
- For School Kids, Vaccines Are Key
- What Makes a Better Baseball Batter?
- Health Tip: When Small Children Play Near Water
- Recognizing Early Childhood Speech Problems
- Too Much Screen Time May Pile on the Pounds
- How to Get Your Kids to Eat Better
- Too Little Fish for Mom Linked to Higher Preemie Birth Risk
- Second Pro Baseball Player Contracts Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease
- Health Tip: Ear Tubes May Help Prevent Ear Infections
- Here's What Happened When 1 Unvaccinated NYC Kid Got Measles
- Americans Say Editing Baby's Genes OK, Up to a Point: Poll
- Dim the Lights to Help Your Child Fall Asleep
- Drinking While Breast-Feeding May Dampen Child's Brain Development
- Illicit Use of ADHD Meds Won't Boost Grades: Study
- Using Smartphones During Lectures, Lower Grades
- New Hope in Saving Kids From Blood Infection Sepsis
- Almost 1,300 Genes Seem Tied to Academic Success
- Are You Car Seat Savvy?
- Health Tip: Using a Home Trampoline
- Food Additives a Toxic Mix for Kids
- Gluten-Free Kids' Foods Fall Short on Nutrition
- Top of Teachers' To-Do List: Focus on the Positives
- Food Allergies Less Severe in Infants: Study
- Animal Cruelty May Indicate Child Abuse
- Brain Scans Yield More Clues to Autism
- Opioids Given Too Easily to Children: Study
- First Smallpox Drug Approved by FDA
- New Guidelines Mean Almost 800,000 More U.S. Kids Have High Blood Pressure
- 'Heading' Soccer Balls May Be Bad for Balance
- Want Good Sleep for Baby? Food May Be Key
- Kids of Gay Parents Don't Struggle More Socially
- A-C-T to Prevent Hot Car Tragedies
- Young Pitchers Should Keep Pitch Counts in Check
- Helping Your Child Adjust to College
- Health Tip: Recognize Warning Signs of Youth Violence
- To Fight Childhood Obesity, Moms to the Rescue
- Health Tip: Dealing With Sibling Rivalry
- Teens Sneaking Juul E-Cig Into Classrooms
- Sports Safety: It's Not Just Child's Play
- Don't Skip Kids' Sun Protection on the Fourth
- July Is Peak Time for Illness From Poop in Pools: CDC
- Health Tip: If Your Child Has Croup
- Health Tip: Teens E-cigarette Users More Likely to Smoke: Study
- Hot Cars, Drowning: Keep Your Family Safe This Summer
- Look Before Locking: Protect Your Child From a Hot Car Tragedy
- Health Tip: Healthier Eating for an Overweight Child
- Focus on Just One Sport Risks Burnout for Teens
- Make Exercise a Family Affair. Your Kids Will Thank You.
- Many Parents Say Sports Can Be Too Dangerous for Kids
- 25 U.S. Kids Treated in ERs Every Hour for Bike Injuries
- Smart Steps for a Safe Nursery
- U.S. News Ranks Best Children's Hospitals for 2018
- Heavy Teens Are Less Likely Now to Try and Lose Weight
- Parents' Shift Work Can Be Good -- or Bad -- for Kids
- Families Need Summertime Sleep Schedules
- Aggressive Treatment Doesn't Slow Type 2 Diabetes in Children: Study
- Smoking Becoming a No-No on College Campuses
- Native American Teens at Higher Risk for Substance Abuse
- For Kids, Summer Is Time for Other Types of Learning
- Kids Are Overdosing on Med Meant to Fight Opioid Addiction
- Smartphone-Obsessed Parents May Mean Cranky Kids
- Could Antidepressants During Pregnancy Slow a Child's Motor Skills?
- Parents Must Ask: 'Is There an Unlocked Gun in Your House?'
- How 'Helicopter' Parenting Impedes a Child's Development
- Disney's 'Incredibles 2' Could Pose Risk to People With Epilepsy
- Mom's Voice: The Sleep Secret for Babies in Intensive Care
- Clean Skin, Hands Critical for 'Kangaroo Care' for Preemies
- Today's Sleepy Teens May Be Tomorrow's Heart Patients
- What If You Lose Your Child at an Amusement Park?
- Pediatricians Say No to Spanking
- Binge Drinking: A Hazard for Teen Bones?
- Test-Taking Can Be Tough for Kids With Vision Problems
- Child in Idaho Has Plague
- Childhood Cancer Impacts Mental Health
- Rising Number of Unvaccinated U.S. Kids Raises Risk of Disease Outbreaks
- U.S. Obesity Rates Rising Again
- Honey Helps When Kids Swallow Button Batteries
- Urban Violence Has Wide-Ranging Impact on Schools
- Allergies More Common in Kids With Autism
- No Safety Concerns With DTaP Combo Vaccine for Kids: Study
- High School Pitchers Who Also Catch Prone to Injury
- Americans' Obsession With Sugar Starts in Infancy
- Health Tip: Manage Bed Wetting
- Think Twice About Tonsil, Adenoid Removal
- Pediatricians Back Flu Shot, Not Nasal Spray Vaccine
- Fish Oil May Protect the Youngest Hearts
- Could Early Birth Hinder Adult Success?
- Bookworms More Prone to Be Nearsighted, Study Finds
- Hot Garden Hose Water Poses Scalding Risk
- Health Tip: Avoiding Rip Tides
- More Teens Than Ever Would Try Marijuana
- Yes, You Can Put Too Much Chlorine in a Pool
- Extended Chemo Extends Life for Children With Rare Cancer
- Tragedy of Child Sexual Abuse Takes Financial Toll, Too
- When Kids Expect a Needle to Hurt, It Does
- Overdoses on ADHD Drugs May Be Rising
- Race May Play Role in Kids' Suicide Risk
- Summer Camp Bummer: Smartphones, Not Bugs
- Health Tip: How to Help Your Child Develop Healthy Relationships
- Many Parents Say Restaurant Fare Has Made Kids Sick: Poll
- Pools, Hot Tubs Can Harbor Dangerous Germs
- Health Tip: Plan Your Child's Chores
- Fewer Antibiotics for Kids, But More ADHD Drugs
- Health Tip: Understanding Childhood Arthritis
- Big Rise Seen in U.S. Kids, Teens Attempting Suicide
- Use of MS Drug Expanded to Include Children
- Antibiotics Tied to Higher Kidney Stone Risk
- Shield Your Kids From the Sun's Damaging Rays
- More U.S. Parents Smoking Pot Around Kids
- Parents More Lenient If PG-13 Movie Violence 'Justified'
- Hostile Teachers Take the Joy Out of Learning
- Health Tip: If Your Child Becomes Too Aggressive
- Meet Nao, the Robot That Helps Treat Kids With Autism
- Many Parents Miss Speech Disorders in Young Kids
- Curiosity a Plus in the Classroom, Particularly for Poorer Kids
- Health Tip: Keep Your Kids Safer on the Internet
- If Kids Exposed to Pot, Tobacco Smoke, ER Visits Rise
- Kids' Exposure to Domestic Violence Takes Economic Toll
- Health Tip: Learn Football Helmet Safety
- Health Tip: Keep Communicating With Your Child
- Sleep-Deprived Kids at Risk of Obesity
- Injured Kids Can Have Lasting Mental Scars, Too
- Scientists Develop Blood Test for Peanut Allergy
- Make Your Amusement Park Visits Safe
- Kids of Youngest, Oldest Moms at Risk of Developmental Issues: Study
- Simple Drug Packaging Change Could Save Toddlers' Lives
- Opioid Crisis Means More Newborns With Hepatitis C, But Few Get Tested
- Teens Willing to 'Cash In' on Curbing Cellphone Use While Driving
- Health Tip: Protect Your Eyes During Sports
- Even Living Near a Farm Might Help Prevent Allergies
- Health Tip: Prevent Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease
- Gardening Isn't Just for Adults
- More U.S. Kids Being Diagnosed With Autism
- Don't Panic Over 'Dry Drowning' Reports, ER Docs Say
- Fetal Procedure Prevents Rare Condition That Leaves Kids Unable to Sweat
- Health Tip: Milestones to Look for by Age 5
- New Hope Against Disease That Prematurely Ages Children
- Kids Are Naturally as Fit as an 'Iron Man'
- Anesthesia Doesn't Seem to Harm Child's IQ: Study
- Could Caffeine During Pregnancy Spur Weight Gain in Kids?
- E-Cig Liquid Remains a Poisoning Danger to Young Kids
- When Does Online Gaming Become an Addiction?
- First Drug for Rare Form of Rickets Approved by FDA
- Preschool, Day Care Not Asthma Triggers: Study
- The Traits That Hike High School Dropout Risk
- Health Tip: Prevent Poisoning at Home
- Fewer U.S. Kids Are Getting Cavities
- Yoga Can Soothe Anxious Grade Schoolers
- Video Games May Be OK for Toddlers -- If Mom or Dad Join In
- Heath Tip: How to Introduce Your Child to Peanuts
- Common Antidepressants in Pregnancy May Alter Fetal Brain Development
- Even Toddlers Endangered by Opioids, Other Addictive Drugs
- Safeguard the Arms of Young Pitchers
- Reading to Your Kids Might Boost Their Social Skills
- What Your Kids Want to Tell You About Social Media
- Losing Excess Weight in Childhood Cuts Diabetes Risk
- Loopholes May Lead Young Facebook Users to Tobacco Products
- Kids in Tough Neighborhoods Head to ER More Often
- Zika Infection After Birth May Require Long-Term Follow-Up
- Girl's Windpipe Replacement Still Works 4 Years Later
- Health Tip: When to See a Doctor for Cradle Cap
- Poor College Grades? Maybe Your Class Schedule Is to Blame
- Health Tip: Watch a Birthmark Over Time
- Obesity Can Lead to Liver Damage by Age 8: Study
- Health Tip: Don't Get Burned by Kitchen Accidents
- Babies Given Certain Meds May Have Higher Odds for Allergies Later
- Rear-Facing Car Seats Protect Tots in Crashes From Behind: Study
- Health Tip: Which Car Seat Should Your Child Use?
- Protect Your Child From Opioid Poisoning
- Turn Down the Music. Here's Why.
- Health Tip: Teach Your Kids Healthy Hair Habits
- Rubber Duckies Swimming With Bacteria: Study
- Sports 'Sponsorships' Hawk Junk Food to Kids
- Anti-Vaccine Movement Affecting Kids With Autism
- Hoverboard Injuries Speeding U.S. Kids to the ER
- Fetal Exposure to Epilepsy Drug Tied to Lower School Grades Later
- Reading With Your Toddler Boosts More Than Just Language Skills
- Health Tip: Treat Diarrhea in Young Babies
- Waning Vaccine Protection May Be Driving Rise in U.S. Mumps Cases
- Health Tip: Help Your School Develop a Wellness Policy
- School Nurses at Ground Zero for Food Allergies
- Health Tip: Use a High Chair Safely
- Kids With Severe Brain Injuries May Develop ADHD: Study
- Tonsillectomy May Carry More Risks in Kids Age 3 and Under
- Poor, Minority Moms Face Tough Judgments Over Kids' Weight
- Health Tip: How Schools Keep Your Child Safer
- Poison Prevention at Home
- For Kids With Earwax, Skip Cotton Swabs, Expert Urges
- Fighting a Cold or Flu? Beware of Overdosing on Tylenol
- Health Tip: 'Connected' Students Do Better
- Undernourished Kids May Face Hearing Problems Later On
- If Your Mom Was Big on Dieting, Your Kids May Pay the Price
- Affection Trumps Aggression in Kids
- Boosting Steroid Dose May Not Reduce Kids' Asthma Flare-Ups
- More U.S. Kids Landing in ICU From Opioids
- Too Much Touchscreen Use Means Toddlers Can't Hold Pencils
- To Tell the Truth: Kids' Edition
- Learning Problems May Accompany Kidney Disease
- Flu Season Shows More Signs of Slowing
- Summer Camp Tips for Kids With Asthma, Allergies
- Pointers for Easier Potty Training
- Poorer Kids May Fare Worse After Heart Surgery
- Guns Still Found in Homes With Unstable Kids
- If the Eyes Don't Coordinate, Reading -- and Grades -- May Suffer
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Underage Drinking
- Home Routines Can Boost a Child's Readiness for School
- Fidget Spinners May Be Dangerous in the Wrong Hands
- Head Injuries Hit 1 in 14 Kids, CDC Reports
- Hey Kids, Just Say No to Energy Drinks
- Health Tip: X-Ray Suggestions for Parents
- Fit Kids Have Healthier Lungs as Adults: Study
- Positive Attitude Adds Up to Better Math Grades
- Health Tip: Encourage Your Child to be Active
- Groups Call on Facebook to Scrap Messenger Kids App
- Can't Pay the Rent? Kids' Health May Suffer
- For Kids, Chronic Illness May Trigger Mental Health Issues
- Spike Seen in Kids' Eye Injuries From BB, Paintball Guns
- Exercise Boosts Kids' Brain Health, Too
- Health Tip: Talking to Your Children About Divorce
- The Sooner Kids Learn to Eat Healthy, the Better
- Asthma Worse for Overweight Preschoolers: Study
- Health Tip: Protect Children from Playground Hazards
- Put Safety on Your Toy Shopping List
- Can the Fill-In Babysitter Handle an Emergency?
- Reining in Kids' Expectations for Holiday Gifts
- Think Little Kids Are Safe From Food Ads? Think Again
- Too Much Takeout Food Threatens Kids' Health
- Family Meals Serve Up Better Behaved Kids
- Heath Tip: Give Age-Appropriate Toys
- Window Blinds: A Silent Killer in Your Home
- Saliva Test Could Diagnose Concussion: Study
- Most U.S. Parents Can't Find Good Childcare: Survey
- Can Girls Help Boost Boys' Reading Scores?
- 'Good Ole Days' Were Better for Kids' Health, Adults Say
- Helping Children Cope When a Mass Tragedy Strikes
- Cooling Down Sibling Rivalries When They Heat Up
- Medical Marijuana Won't Help Most Sick Kids
- Kids, Don't Touch the Toys at the Doctor's Office
- Who's Most at Risk of Head Injury in Youth Football?
- Farsighted Kids Have Trouble Paying Attention
- Arthritis Can Strike Children
- Plan an Allergy-Safe Halloween for Your Child
- Happier Mealtimes, Healthier Eating for Kids
- Texting Smarts for Adults and Kids
- Homing In on Homework Help
- Health Tip: Children and Screen Use
- Too Little of This Vitamin Could Harm Young Hearts
- Reassuring Kids After Another Senseless Tragedy
- Health Tip: Keep Kids Safe From Fire and Heat
- Big Rise in Hospitalized Kids With Opioid Side Effects
- It's a Food Allergy! Where's the School Nurse?
- Parents Say Schools Don't Help Kids With Mental Health, Chronic Disease
- 'Microbiomes' May Hold Key to Kids' Ear Infections
- Infections Strike Young Heart Surgery Patients in New Orleans
- Hurricanes May Have Longer-Lasting Impact on Kids
- State Laws Curb Kids' Injuries Tied to Off-Road Vehicles
- Mom-to-Be's Antidepressants Tied to Kids' Psychiatric Woes
- For City Kids With Asthma, Nearby Green Space Is Key
- Smoking Bans Help Kids Breathe Easier
- Take the Back Pain Out of Backpacks
- Health Tip: It's Back-to-School Time
- Health Tip: Kids and Type 2 Diabetes
- Helping Kids Adapt to a New School
- Pediatricians Sound Alarm on Rapid Weight Changes in Young Athletes
- Health Tip: Prepare for Your Child's Dental Procedure
- Many Parents Don't Tell Doctor About 'Complementary' Therapy Use in Kids
- Health Tip: Avoid Juice Before Age 1
- Does Race Matter in Care 'Preemie' Babies Receive?
- Cookies, Apples or Yogurt? Not Always a Simple Choice for Kids
- Expert Tips to Avoid Accidental Poisonings at School
- Parents Worried About Cyberbullies as School Starts Up
- Health Tip: Recognize Youth Violence
- Young Breakfast Skippers Lack Vital Nutrients
- A Violent Environment Can Wreck Kids' Grades
- Do Pets Really Boost Kids' Health?
- ER Rates Soar as Toddlers Ingest Pot, French Study Finds
- Parents of Preemies End Up Just Fine: Study
- By Age 12, Poor May Show Signs of Heart Risks Ahead
- Low Blood Sugar in Newborns Tied to Brain Problems Later
- Does Early Puberty Affect a Girl's Academic Achievement?
- Picky Eater? It Might Just Be Your Child's Personality
- Health Tip: Don't Use Sunscreen on Newborns
- Decline in Kids' Ear Infections Linked to Pneumococcal Vaccine
- How Preschoolers Begin Learning the Rules of Reading, Spelling
- Student Motivation 101: There's an App for That
- Vision Problems Can Harm Kids' Development, Grades
- Does Your Child Really Have a Food Allergy?
- Can Dirty Diapers Offer Clues to the Infant Brain?
- Making the Most of Childhood Wellness Visits
- High-Dose Vitamin D May Not Curb Kids' Colds
- Big Baby, Heavier Kid?
- Not All Fidos Are Friendly
- Parents, Get Your Teens Their Vaccines!
- Despite Warnings, Kids Are Still Dying in Hot Cars
- Health Tip: Getting Toddlers to Try New Foods
- Child Measles Deaths in Europe an 'Unacceptable Tragedy': WHO
- Health Tip: Take Care of Kids Exercising in Summer Heat
- The Neighborhood Sandbox: A Breeding Ground for Germs
- Swimming Lessons: For Starters, Watch Out for Germs in the Water
- Bullying Takes Financial Toll on U.S. School Districts
- Is Your Child's 'Penicillin Allergy' Real?
- Getting Kids in the Habit of Healthy Eating
- Few Upsets in U.S. News Top Kids' Hospitals List
- Health Tip: Rewarding Kids Without Food
- Do Older Dads Produce Brainy Boys?
- Hot Car Deaths: What to Know
- Most Mothers Have Been Victims of 'Mommy-Shaming,' Poll Finds
- Guns Kill or Wound 7,000 U.S. Kids a Year: Report
- Health Tip: Considering Bed Sharing?
- Health Tip: Applying Sunscreen on Children
- Helping Your Kids Cope With Your Divorce
- Many Preemies Don't Struggle in School
- Health Tip: When Your Child Won't Eat Lunch
- Toddlers Who Drink Cow's Milk Alternatives May Be Shorter
- When a Divorce Turns Bitter, Kids' Immune Systems May Pay a Price
- Air Mattresses Linked to More Than 100 Infant Deaths
- Childhood Cancer Survivors Now Living Healthier Lives
- Can Sharing Your Bedroom With Baby Come With Risks?
- Preschoolers Who Know Snack-Food Brands on Road to Obesity?
- Many Teens Ride With Impaired Drivers
- Does Dad Time With Infants Boost Babies' IQ?
- Health Tip: Dealing With a Dog Bite
- Lawn Mowers Are Risky Business for Kids
- Health Tip: Is Your Backyard Safe?
- Hospital 'Baby Boxes' May Help Prevent SIDS in Newborns
- Are All Those 'Fidget Spinners' Really Helping Kids?
- Helping Ease Kids' Fears After Manchester Terror Attack
- Health Tip: Keep Newborns Safer
- 1 in 5 U.S. Kids Killed in Crashes Not Restrained Properly
- Heavy Kids Face Triple the Odds for Depression in Adulthood
- Overweight Boys Face Higher Colon Cancer Risk as Adults
- No Fruit Juice Before Age 1, Pediatricians Say
- Mother Warns About Fidget Spinner Choking Hazard
- The Water's Not Fine: U.S. Pool-Linked Infection Doubles in 2 Years
- Playgrounds Aren't Always All Fun and Games
- Health Tip: Limit a Young Child's Media Time
- Is Your Child's Day Care Center Ready for Pandemic Flu?
- Fewer SIDS Deaths in U.S., But Gaps Among Racial Groups Remain
- Many Parents Underestimate Drowning Risks
- Too Many Parents Say No to Helmets for Kids on Wheels
- Another Reason to Breast-Feed: It's Good for Baby's Belly
- Hear This! Keep Cotton Swabs Out of Kids' Ears
- Untreated Vision Problems Plague U.S. Preschoolers
- Poorer Kindergarteners Face a 'Double Dose of Disadvantage'
- Bullied in 5th Grade, Prone to Drug Abuse by High School
- Reading to Babies Translates Into More Literate Preschoolers
- Health Tip: Be a Safe Driver for Your Kids
- 'Dr. Google' May Undermine Parents' Trust in Their Pediatrician
- A Toddler's Screen Time Tied to Speech Delay
- More Starring Roles for Booze in Kids' Movies, Study Finds
- When Grandparents Raise Grandkids, Are They Up to Date on Child Safety?
- The Family That Eats Together, Benefits
- More Active Kids Could Save U.S. Billions in Health Costs: Study
- Trump Administration Rolls Back Obama-Era School Lunch Rules
- Brineura Approved for Rare Genetic Illness Affecting Kids
- Summer Camp Prep for Kids With Allergies, Asthma
- U.S. Toddlers Eat More French Fries Than Vegetables
- Is Your Child Using Drugs?
- Kids' Sun Safety Means 'Slip, Slap, Slop'
- Are Kids' Vaccines a Victim of Their Own Success?
- Puberty's Onset May Depend on DNA
- Obesity Quadruples Kids' Type 2 Diabetes Risk: Study
- Health Tip: When Kids Feel Anxious
- Kids Face Their Own Death Risks When a Sibling Dies
- At What Age Can Kids Safely Cross the Street?
- Timing of Lunch, Recess May Determine What Kids Eat
- Don't Give Kids Medicines With Codeine, Tramadol: FDA
- Many Kids Still Being Injured on ATVs
- Stronger Muscles May Pump Up Kids' Memory Skills
- Health Tip: Minimizing Violence During Screen Time
- Target Recalls Easter Sponge Toys
- Is Kindergarten the New First Grade?
- When Parents Get Vaccinated, Their Kids Do Too
- What's the Best Seasonal Allergy Med for Your Kid?
- Lawsuit Seeks Removal of Processed Meats From L.A. Schools
- Kids Can Pick Up Nicotine on Their Hands
- Water Outperforms Sports Drinks for Young Athletes
- Could a Clinical Trial Help Your Child?
- Health Tip: Checking Your Child's Moles
- When Families Lack Insurance, Kids' Dental Woes Rise
- 'Video Feedback' Program Might Help Treat Autism in Babies
- FDA Approves Hep C Drugs for Kids 12 and Older
- Outdoor Play May Foster Little Environmentalists
- 10 Minutes of Sweat a Day Helps Kids' Hearts
- How to Protect Your Child From Accidental Poisoning
- Health Tip: Transitioning Toddlers to One Nap
- Health Tip: Is Your Child Sleeping Enough?
- Kitties Absorb Flame Retardants -- How About Your Kiddies?
- Far Fewer Kids Are Dying Worldwide, but Gains Are Uneven
- Teens Who Are Lazy Bones Have Weaker Skeletons: Study
- Homemade Slime Causes Burns on Girl's Hands
- Common Post-Op Ear Drops Tied to Eardrum Perforations in Kids
- Parents of Kids With Autism May Sacrifice 'Couples Time'
- Parents' Pot Use a Tricky Topic When It Comes to Their Kids
- Breast-Feeding May Not Lead to Smarter Preschoolers
- Health Tip: Check Your Child's Temperature
- Fruit Juice for Kids: A Serving a Day OK
- Health Tip: Choosing a Baby Carrier
- Parents Don't Always Head to Child's Doctor When Illness Strikes
- U.S. Sees Big Drop in Number of Babies Born With HIV
- Health Tip: Transitioning From Bottle to Training Cup
- Health Tip: Prepare Homemade Baby Food
- Injury Risk May Rise When Kids Play Just One Sport
- Nearby Day Cares Don't Pose Health Risks to Kids: Study
- Why Some Kids Take Longer to Recover From Brain Injury
- Savvy Marketing Gets Schoolkids to Eat Their Greens
- Skip the Antibiotics for Mild Eczema in Kids
- Kids Start Moving Less After Age 7, Study Finds
- More Babies in Strollers, Cribs Winding Up in ER: Study
- Health Tip: Help Kids Maintain Healthy Cholesterol
- Health Tip: Watch for Constipation in Babies
- Kidney Transplant Survival Up Among Babies, Kids
- Health Tip: Make Sure Kids' Shoes Fit Well
- City Tax on Cars Cut Pollution, Kids' Asthma Risk
- Could Common Insecticides Be Tied to Behavior Issues in Kids?
- Bad Diet in Youth Might Raise Risk of Early Breast Cancer
- Does TV Hinder Kindergarten-Readiness?
- Childhood Cancer Survivors Living Longer
- Kids Should Be Screened for Lazy Eye by Age 5
- Do Early Dental Visits Really Prevent Kids' Cavities?
- Who's Top Dog When It Comes to 'Social Intelligence'? Kids or Pets?
- Health Tip: Encouraging Picky Eaters
- Is a Drowsy Teen Headed for a Life of Crime?
- Health Tip: Babysitter Safety
- 'Superbug' Infections Striking More U.S. Kids
- Over 400,000 Toy Frogs Recalled for Injury Hazard
- Headaches Often Strike Before Strokes in Kids: Study
- Learning Issues Common in Kids With Heart Defects: Study
- Most Parents Don't Think They're Meeting Kids' Nutritional Needs
- Is Surgery Always Needed for Kids' Appendicitis?
- Health Tip: Give Your Kids Bone-Building Food
- Tiny Babies May Face Mental Health Problems Later
- Low-Income Kids More Likely to Have ADHD, Asthma
- Be Your Child's Valentine
- Needed: An 'Action Plan' for Kids Prone to Severe Allergic Reactions
- Health Tip: Protect Kids in Cold Weather
- Preemies Bombarded With Noise in First Weeks of Life
- First-Born Children More Intelligent: Study
- Winning the Veggie Wars With Kids
- Newborn Screening Tests Approved
- Dressing Baby for a Safe Winter Drive
- Pet Meds Sending Kids to the ER
- For Kids, Regular Exercise Seems to Put Depression on the Run
- Most U.S. Adults Support Routine Child Vaccine
- Laundry Detergent Pods Linked to Eye Burn Danger in Kids
- Sleepovers With Dad Can Be a Win-Win After Divorce
- Tamer Version of Youth Football Looks to Address Safety Concerns
- Health Tip: Why Are Baby Teeth Important?
- Health Tip: Is Your Toddler Eating Enough?
- Teach Your Kids to Use Media in Healthy Ways
- Study Counters Link Between Excess Pregnancy Weight and Overweight Kids
- Childhood Asthma May Encourage Obesity, Study Suggests
- FDA Offers Guidance on Fish Intake for Kids, Pregnant Women
- Health Tip: Help Young Athletes Avoid Malnutrition
- Parents Have Mixed Views on When to Keep Sick Kids Out of School
- Should More Kids Have Their Tonsils Out?
- Mold Found in Baby Teething Toy
- Medical Experts Alarmed at Trump's Reported Support of Vaccine Skeptic
- Despite Pledges, No Improvement in Chain Restaurant Kids' Menus: Study
- How to Spot a Common, Potentially Dangerous, Childhood Illness
- Health Tip: Help Young Children Make Healthy Changes
- Kids' Asthma Flareups Fall Off After No-Smoking Laws
- 'Button' Batteries Pose Serious Risk to Children
- Poverty's Impact on a Child's Mental Health
- Kids' Care May Suffer When Parents Clash With Medical Staff
- Kids With Concussion Need Vision Check Before Return to School
- Flameless Candle Batteries Pose Risk to Kids
- 'Teen' Finds Minors Can Buy Bodybuilding Supplement at Health Food Stores
- Health Tip: Skip Winter Coats in Car Seats
- Kids Landing in ERs After Drinking Parents' E-Cig Nicotine Liquid
- Health Care Spending for U.S. Kids Jumped 56 Percent in Less Than 20 Years
- Health Tip: Watch Salt in Kids' Diets
- Home Visits Can Help New Parents
- U.S. Families Spend 1.5 Billion Hours Yearly on Kids With Special Health Needs
- Families of Toddlers Killed in Dresser Tip-Overs to Get $50 Million From Ikea
- Don't Forget Child Safety When Traveling for the Holidays
- Short Course of Antibiotics Not Best for Kids' Ear Infections
- Health Tip: Getting Your Child Vaccinated
- Qbit Child Strollers Recalled
- Rest May Not Be Best for Kids After Concussion
- Give Kids a Safe, Stress-Free Holiday
- Child Deaths Highlight Choking Dangers Posed by Grapes
- Some Kids' Genes Might Make Food Ads More Tempting
- FDA Issues Anesthesia Warning for Pregnant Women, Kids Under 3
- Health Tip: Help Toddlers Develop Stronger Hands
- Rural Hospitals See Surge in Opioid-Dependent Babies
- Emergency Surgery Riskier for Kids in Poorer Countries
- Babies' Marijuana Exposure Evident in Their Pee
- 'Kangaroo Mother Care' May Improve Preemies' Lives Into Adulthood
- Mummy of 17th Century Child May Alter the History of Smallpox
- Health Tip: Help Kids Develop Healthy Ambition
- Just How Safe Is That Baby Teether?
- Drug Might Help Some Babies With Rare, Fatal Disease
- Study Finds Worrisome Heart Effects Among Some Football Players
- Keeping Minors From Tanning Beds Would Save Thousands of Lives, Study Says
- A Dirty Little Secret: Hand-Washing Spotty Among Day Care Staffers
- ATV Accidents Can Cause Serious Chest Injuries in Kids
- Health Tip: Build Your Child's Healthy Plate
- Martial Arts Can Be Hazardous to Kids
- Pediatricians Can Help When Parents Divorce: Report
- 'Enthusiastic' Dads May Mean Less Troubled Kids: Study
- Health Tip: Keep Kids Safe During the Holidays
- TV Snack Ads Make Preschoolers Snack More: Study
- Earnings Fall After a Child's Cancer Diagnosis
- Kids Can Beat 'Complex' Pneumonia Without IV Antibiotics: Study
- Safety Group Releases Annual Dangerous Toys List
- More U.S. Kids Getting Drug-Resistant Infections
- Guidelines May Have Helped Curb ADHD Diagnoses in Preschoolers
- Kids React Differently When a Beloved Pet Dies
- Blood Test May Someday Diagnose Concussion
- Parents Often Miss Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in Kids
- Kids With Cardiac Arrest Less Likely to Survive CPR at Night
- Trump Victory Offers Chance to Repeal Obamacare
- Anesthesia Before Age 4 May Have Slight Impact on Later School Performance
- Pint-Sized Football Players Still at Risk for Injuries
- Few States Have Plans for Kids Returning to Class After Concussion
- Downside to Exercise for City Kids: More Pollution
- Health Tip: Prevent Frequent Nosebleeds
- Lazy Summer Days Mean Weight Gain for Young Kids
- Kids With Gay or Lesbian Parents Do Just Fine: Study
- Study Questions Use of Migraine Meds in Kids, Teens
- Join the Teal Pumpkin Project on Halloween
- Parent-Child Screening Urged for Inherited Heart Condition
- Health Tip: Drivers Beware
- Childhood PTSD May Leave Imprint on Brain
- More Airline Injuries to Tots on Laps
- Health Tip: Pay Attention on Halloween
- Health Tip: Use Football Safety Equipment Correctly
- Medical Marijuana Not a Lure for Kids: Study
- State Laws May Be Key to Lowering Kids' Car Crash Deaths
- Tips for Keeping Halloween Safe and Fun
- Be Aware of What You Share Online About Your Kids
- Kids' Media Time Adds Up, Subtracts From Homework
- Helmets Don't Prevent Kids' Motocross Concussions
- 1 in 3 Young Athletes With Concussion Returns to Play on Same Day
- More Low-Income Kids Need Dental Sealants: CDC
- Foster Kids Face Higher Risk of Health Problems: Study
- Nurturing Childhood May Pay Off Decades Later
- Obesity More Common Among Teens With Autism: Study
- Cost Keeps Many Kids From School Sports, Other Activities
- Dogs Too Smart to Follow Useless Advice
- Mom-to-Be's Antidepressant Use May Be Tied to Speech Issues in Child
- How to Prepare Your Child for a New Brother or Sister
- 6 Keys to a Safe, Allergy-Free Halloween
- Health Tip: Keep Kids Healthy Around Classroom Pets
- Acute Flaccid Myelitis Cases Rising in Kids: FAQ
- How to Help Keep Your Kids Safe This Fall
- How 'Mindful Eating' Can Keep Kids Slim
- Most Low-Income Dads Stay Involved With Their Kids: Study
- Target Fast-Food Combo Meals to Cut Sugary Drinks for Kids: Study
- Day Care Doesn't Encourage Weight Gain in Kids
- Health Tip: When Your Child Rides With Someone Else
- Scare Up Some Halloween Safety
- Health Tip: Using Meds for Kids
- Homeless, Mentally Ill Youth Benefit From Housing Program
- How Much Video Gaming Is Too Much for Kids?
- Health Tip: Kids Should Learn Microwave Safety
- Early Introduction of Eggs, Peanuts May Cut Kids' Allergy Risk: Study
- Health Tip: Make Time for Family Dinners
- 2 of 3 Parents Want Schools to Expand Health Education
- Healthy Diet May Be Key to Kids' Reading Skills
- Close Bond Between Kids, Parents Has Long-Term Health Benefits
- A New Roadway Danger: Drivers Chasing 'Pokemon Go'
- For Kids Playing Pokemon Go, Catch These Safety Tips
- Parents' Use of Outdated Advice May Slow Concussion Recovery
- Kids With Bipolar Disorder More Likely to Abuse Drugs, Alcohol: Study
- Overweight Kids Often Shunned, Bullied
- Not All Dogs Are Man's (or Kids') Best Friend
- Suicide Can Strike Children as Young as 5: Study
- Childhood Cancer Death Rates Continue to Fall: CDC
- 45 Potential Toxins Found in Household Dust
- Child Health Improves When Caregivers Get One-on-One Help
- Play to Win When It Comes to Kids and Sports Pain
- Dosing Errors Common With Kids' Liquid Meds
- Does Losing a Father in War Shorten a Child's Life?
- Health Tip: Recognize Overuse Injuries in Kids
- Antibiotics Before Age 2 May Be Linked to Allergies Later
- Health Tip: Keep Kids Away From Button Batteries
- Few Young U.S. Burn Patients Transferred to Specialized Centers
- Parents' Psychiatric Issues May Adversely Affect Some Children
- Health Tip: Schedule a Back-to-School Dental Exam
- Parents Can Play Key Role in Setting Healthy Habits for Kids
- Combo Drug for Childhood Asthma Appears Safe in Study
- Laser Pointers Can Cause Serious Eye Damage in Kids
- Doctors Can 'Fire' Families Who Don't Vaccinate
- Health Tip: Don't Fret About a Fever
- iPads Calm Surgery-Bound Kids as Well as Sedatives
- Teach Your Kids to Pick, Prepare and Pack Their School Lunch
- Backpack Smarts From a Pro
- More Parents Believe Vaccines Are Unnecessary
- Risks Spike If Young Athletes Specialize Too Soon
- Health Tip: Make Sure Kids' Shoes Fit Well
- Early Virus Raises Asthma Risk in Certain Kids: Study
- Health Tip: Help Kids Get Enough Exercise
- Music Therapy Helps Preemie Babies Thrive
- Truth or Fib? When Kids Say They're Too Sick for School
- No More Than 6 Teaspoons of Added Sugars a Day for Kids
- Young Football Players Tackle Greatest Concussion Risk at Practice
- Think Safety When Picking, Packing School Backpacks
- Put Vaccines on Kids' Back-to-School List
- Early to Bed, Early to Rise a Back-to-School Challenge
- Child Dies in Hot Car Almost Once a Week
- 7 Ways to Avoid Serious Injury From School Sports
- Kids With Mild Asthma Can Take Acetaminophen: Study
- Peanut Allergy Treatment: The Earlier in Childhood, the Better
- 2 Kids an Hour Hurt in Strollers, Infant Carriers
- U.S. Kids Don't Make the Grade on Heart Health
- Health Tip: Locking Your Child in a Hot Car
- Sky-High Temperatures Inside 'Bounce Houses'
- Task Force Calls for More Study Into Risks, Benefits of Kids' Cholesterol Screening
- Drivers Take Care! Kids Are Heading Back to School
- The Safest Way to Get to School Is a Big Yellow Bus
- Injuries Soar as Trampoline Parks Expand
- Health Tip: Protect Kids During Summer
- 4 Out of 5 Kids With Epilepsy Have Other Health Problems: Study
- Safer Heads Prevail With New High School Football Rule
- Helping a Child Manage a Chronic Illness
- 3 in 4 Youngsters Exposed to Laundry Pod Detergent Suffer Poisoning
- Health Tip: Help Your Underweight Child Gain Safely
- New Treatments Helping Kids With Juvenile Arthritis
- Much-Maligned Pigeon May Be a Lead Detective
- Anesthesia Safe for Kids, Doctors' Group Says
- Health Tip: Watch Children Near Pool Drains
- Early Bedtime for Preschoolers, Healthier Weight Later?
- Why Being Cold Might Foster a Cold
- Concussion Rates Have Doubled Among U.S. Kids
- Allergies Less Common in Kids Who Suck Thumb, Bite Nails
- Obese Preschoolers More Likely to Be Hospitalized
- Health Tip: Protect Your Child's Sandbox
- Junk Food Ads Sway Kids' Preferences
- Toys Remain Viral Playground for 24 Hours
- Beware Broken Glow Sticks
- Savvy Marketing Gets School Kids to Snap Up Veggies
- Dermatologists: Daily Bath OK for Kids With Eczema
- Health Tip: Toddlers Should Get Vitamins From Diet
- Hovering Parents May Harm Kids
- Top-Rated Children's Hospitals Ranked
- Easing Your Child's Allergies
- Health Tip: Use Safety Belts Properly on Kids
- Parents Often Using TVs, Tablets as 'Electronic Babysitters'
- Health Tip: If Your Child Is Allergic to Dust
- At Least 1 Full-Time Nurse Per School, Pediatric Group Recommends
- Dad's Role in Baby's Health Larger Than Thought?
- More Children Accidently Poisoned by 'Essential Oils'
- Parents Often Don't Get Rid of Leftover Prescription Opioids
- Nearly 1 Million More Kids Have Health Coverage After Obamacare
- Severe Asthma in Childhood Linked to COPD Risk Later
- Harsh Parenting May Harm a Child's Physical Health
- Even in Taxis, Kids Belong in Safety Seats
- More U.S. Kids Have Chronic Health Problems: Study
- Spanking: More Harm Than Good?
- Rich-Poor Life Expectancy Gap Shrinking for U.S. Youth
- Many U.S. Adults Think Kids' Health Is Worse Today
- Restaurants Cut Calories in Kids' Meals, Study Finds
- Stay Safe in the Water This Spring Break
- On-the-Job Training Funds for Pediatricians Lagging: Experts
- Many Parents Skeptical of Online Doctor Ratings, Poll Finds
- 60,000 U.S. Kids Treated for Accidental Medicine Poisoning a Year
- Uninsured Parents Often Unaware Kids Could Be Covered
- More Healthy Foods Offered in School Lunches, Study Finds
- Psychological Disorders Affect 1 in 7 U.S. Kids Under 9: CDC
- More Young Americans Support Gay Adoption: Survey
- Good Sleep Habits Ready Kids for School Success
- U.S. Pediatricians to Add Poverty to Well-Visit Checklist
- Health Tip: Soothe Your Child's Mood With Music
- Chemical-Free Cosmetics May Be Safer for Teen Girls, Study Suggests
- iPads Often Used to Pacify Difficult Kids
- Health Tip: Helping Your Child Choose a Sport
- Lawn Mowers Can Cause Severe Injuries to Kids
- Many Parents Downplay Value of Flu Shot, Poll Finds
- Gains in Kid's Health Coverage Continue, But Many Still Uninsured
- Views of Green Space Help Students Perform Better: Study
- Excess Weight Has 'Unexpected' Effect on Puberty Onset in Boys
- Preventable Ills Cause Nearly 8 Million Childhood Deaths Globally
- 'Standing Desks' in Classrooms May Kickstart Kids' Activity
- Health Tip: Let Kids Dip Into Lunch
- More Evidence That Severe Poverty Harms Kids' Health
- Kindergartners With Traumatic Life Experiences Struggle More in School
- Health Tip: Checking Your Child's Toys for Lead
- Try Home Remedies for Child's Cough or Cold
- Health Tip: Does Your Child Still Need a Sitter?
- Make Toy Safety a Top Concern
- U.S. Task Force Stays Neutral on Cholesterol Screening for Kids
- Parents Keep Too Tight a Leash on Teens' Health Care: Survey
- Health Tip: Portion Your Child's Plate
- Hoverboard Injuries, Fires on Rise
- Screen All Kids for Cholesterol, Depression and HIV, Pediatricians' Group Says
- When Do Kids Learn 'Fairness'? Culture May Matter, Study Finds
- CDC: Child Autism Rate Now 1 in 45 After Survey Method Changes
- Children of Stressed Parents May Be Prone to Obesity
- Weight Gain a Challenge for Children With Autism: Study
- Many Parents Unaware of Emergency Plans at Kids' Pre-schools
- Kids Meals, Toys and TV Ads Add Up to Frequent Fast Food: Study
- Keep Kids Safe This Halloween
- Health Tip: Stay Safe During Trick-or-Treating
- Halloween Can Be a Fright for Kids With Food Allergies
- Paintball, BB Guns Can Severely Injure Kids, Study Finds
- Pediatricians' Group Urges Action on Climate Change
- Health Tip: Talking to Your Child About Safety
- When Anxiety Silences a Child
- Doctors Key to Stopping Child Hunger
- Health Tip: Help Kids Enjoy Technology
- Disaster Plans Must Consider Children, Pediatrics Group Says
- Health Tip: Is Your Child Ready for a Booster Seat?
- Child Safety Seats Often Incompatible With Cars: Study
- Health Tip: Get Involved in Your Child's Internet Use
- Expert Offers Car Seat Safety Tips
- Toppling TVs a Risk to Kids
- Children in Foster Homes Need Better Health Care
- Parents Differ on Definition of Cyberbullying, Survey Shows
- More Cavities Seen in Kids of Chronically Stressed Mothers
- Apples Are American Kids' Favorite Fruit
- Many Parents Overlook Booster Seat Safety
- Health Tip: When a Child Has Sleep Apnea
- Hand Sanitizers Poisoning More Kids
- Tricycle Accidents Send More Than 9,000 Tots to ER a Year: Study
- Short Lunch Periods Leave Kids Eating Less, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Encourage Kids to Stay Active
- Disaster Aftereffects May Linger for Children
- Health Tip: Get Involved at Your Child's School
- Kids' ER Visits for Medicine Overdoses Dropping: Report
- Autism Behaviors May Differ in Boys and Girls
- Light From Smartphones, Tablets May Lower Sleep Hormone in Kids
- Settling the Back-to-School Jitters
- Health Tip: When Kids Walk to School
- Healthier School Meals Offered Across U.S., Feds Finds
- Even Short Bouts of Activity May Help Kids' Health
- Why Your Child Is Stressed: 10 Reasons
- Many Kids Tossing Fruits, Veggies in Trash Since New U.S. School Lunch Rules
- ADHD Risk Rises for Each Week a Preemie Is Born Early
- Excessive Sports Training Hurts Kids, Expert Warns
- Focus on Healthy Backs for Back-to-School
- Healthy Breakfast Is Essential for Kids
- How Parents Can Ease Transition to First Grade
- Don't Let Backpacks Lead to Back Injury
- FDA OKs OxyContin for Some Children
- Doctor Offers Back-to-School Health Tips
- Kids' Risky Behaviors a Concern in Some Military Families
- WebMD Survey: Parents Don't See Kids' Stress Signs
- Health Tip: Ease the Transition to a New School
- Health Tip: Teach Children About Internet Safety
- Sexting, Internet Safety for Kids Big Concerns in Survey
- Expert Offers School Bus Safety Tips
- Most U.S. Schools Start Too Early for Kids to Get Enough Sleep: Study
- Social Life in Youth May Impact Health Decades Later
- Health Tip: Teach Kids to Protect Themselves
- Consumers Take the Food Ingredient Fight Online
- Hormone Linked to Social Difficulties With Autism, Early Study Finds
- Poverty May Hinder Kids' Brain Development, Study Says
- Health Tip: Make Sure Children Use ATVs Safely
- Pesticide Chemicals, Brain Issues in Kids Linked?
- Childhood Trauma Tied to Migraine Risk as Adult
- Best Friends May Help Poor Kids Succeed
- 'Green Space' at School May Help Kids Learn, Study Suggests
- U.S. Kids Not Drinking Enough Water Each Day
- Top U.S. Children's Hospitals Ranked
- Parents' Age May Be Factor in Child's Autism Risk
- Safety Precautions Help Prevent Summer Camp Injuries
- Falls Are Leading Cause of Childhood Injuries, Expert Says
- BPA in Canned Foods Less Common, but Still There
- Delaying Umbilical Cord Clamping Might Boost Child Development
- Clowning Around May Be Good Medicine for Kids Facing Surgery
- Health Tip: Know the Warning Signs of Choking in Children
- They Overcame Childhood Cancer, But Now Obesity?
- Kids' Eye Injuries From Air, BB and Paintball Guns on the Rise
- Curbing School Bus Pollution Might Reduce Absences
- Study Challenges Salt Guidelines for Kids
- Young Brains May Gain Skills When Parents Read to Kids
- Phone-Focused Parents a Danger to Their Kids at Playground
- Very Young Kids Often Use Tablets, Smartphones, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Preparing Your Child for Camp
- More Children Seek Help for Gender Dysphoria
- Most Adults Don't Support Medical Marijuana for Kids, Poll Finds
- Stronger Muscles = Healthier Bones in Kids
- Antibiotics May Be Overused in Many Neonatal ICUs, Study Finds
- Swallowing Pills? Children Can Learn How
- Child's Popularity May Rely on Understanding Others
- Violent Video Games Don't Influence Kids' Behavior: Study
- Excess Weight Early in Life Linked to Colon Cancer Risk in Women
- Expert Offers Tips to Help Babies With Stuffy Noses
- Avoid Medication Overdoses in Children
- Abused Kids Not Destined to Be Abusive Parents, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Turning Kids on to a Healthy Lifestyle
- Free School Breakfasts Appear to Boost Kids' Grades
- Tips to Make Healthy School Lunches Kids Will Actually Eat
- Adopted Kids' Average IQ Higher Than Non-Adopted Siblings: Study
- School Dismissal a Dangerous Time for Kids Getting Hit By Cars
- When to Keep Kids Home From School
- Parents' Attitude May Be Key to Pre-Game Jitters in Kids
- Dad's Depression Affects Toddler's Behavior, Too
- Recess: An Essential Part of the School Day
- Could Your Child Have Migraines?
- Pregnancy Weight Has Lasting Effect on Child, Study Finds
- Unituxin Approved for Deadly Pediatric Cancer
- Nuts Linked to Better Heart Health for Teens
- Kids May Be More Likely to Exercise When Friends Do
- Doctors Often Yield to Parents' Requests to Delay Kids' Vaccines
- Health Tip: Take Seven Steps for Heart-Healthy Kids
- Dentists Offer Tips to Keep Young Children Cavity-Free
- Parents Split on Later School Start Time for Teens
- No Link Seen Between Oxytocin-Assisted Labor and ADHD
- Income Inequality Affects Kids' Health, Research Shows
- Toddler Snacks, Meals Have Lots of Salt and Sugar: Study
- Medication Problems May Spur Many Child ER Trips, Study Finds
- Good Sleep Habits, Enforced Rules Help Kids Sleep: Study
- Health Tip: Prepare Your Child for College
- Childhood Neglect May Affect Brain Development, Study Says
- School Sports Costs Leave Some Students on Sidelines
- Allergy Tests and Food Diets: What Parents Need To Know
- Pizza Takes a Slice Out of Kids' Health, Study Finds
- Family Income, Expectations Tied to Kindergarten Performance
- Recess Promotes Healthy Eating by School Kids: Study
- Health Tip: Developing Healthy Habits in Children
- Happy Childhood May Be Good for Your Heart
- Vaccination Can Cut Rates of Common Infection in Infants
- Kids With Bedroom Smartphones Sleep Less: Study
- Water Dispensers at School May Encourage Kids to Drink More
- Health Tip: What's Causing my Child's Eczema?
- Health Tip: Have Your Child's Eyes Checked
- Drug to Treat Serious Infections May Harm Kids' Kidneys, Study Says
- ADHD May Raise Teens' Odds for Smoking, Drinking
- Make Your Home 'Kid Safe' During the Holidays
- Can Fast Food Hinder Learning in Kids?
- Preschoolers Need Eye Screening, Experts Say
- Few Parents Think 18-Year-Olds Can Handle Their Health Care
- Flu Activity Up, Some Schools Closing
- 'Kids' Diseases' Now Hitting Adults
- Music Classes Boost Language Skills, Study Says
- Drug Interactions Common Among Hospitalized Kids, Study Says
- Health Tip: Protect Children During Holidays
- Medication Linked to Fewer Injuries in Kids With ADHD
- Nearly One-Third of Kids in U.S. Cities Live in Poverty
- 'Trouble in Toyland' Report Targets Hazardous Gifts for Kids
- Scooters Leading Cause of Toy-Linked Injuries in Kids
- Adult-Sized ATVs Deadly for Kids, Report Shows
- U.S. School Meal Rules Might Work Against Good Nutrition, Study Says
- Parents Want Children in Day Care to Be Vaccinated: Poll
- Head Trauma in Abused Babies, Toddlers Can Have Lifelong Impact
- Preterm-Birth Complications Leading Global Killer of Young Children
- Food Rules for Toddlers May Lead to Healthy Eating Habits
- Newer Pneumonia Vaccine for Kids Beats Older Version: Study
- Kids With Epilepsy Face Higher Early Death Risk, Study Reports
- School Lunches More Nutritious Than Home-Packed Lunches: Study
- Health Tip: Saying Goodbye to Your Child at Day Care
- MIT Researchers Develop Safer 'Button' Battery
- Halloween Safety Tips for Kids With Asthma
- Halloween at the ER Is No Treat
- Health Tip: Dress Kids in Safe Halloween Costumes
- Is Violent Crime in Some People's Genes?
- More Clues to Spotting Autism in Siblings of Those With Disorder
- Sleep Woes Common Among Troubled Young Children, Study Says
- Type 1 Diabetes Increasing Among White American Kids
- For a Child's Fracture, Use Ibuprofen, Not Morphine: Study
- Obese Children With Leukemia Fared Worse in Study
- Virus Present at Birth Causes More Than 10 Percent of Hearing-Loss Cases in Kids
- Placebo Treatment May Quiet Kids' Cough
- Childhood Peanut Allergy May Be Linked to Skin Gene Mutation
- Tips for Safe Trick-or-Treating
- Health Tip: Get Kids Outdoors
- Health Tip: Use Sidewalks When Trick-or-Treating
- Gene Scan Helps Diagnose Mystery Disorders in Children
- Health Tip: When Your Child Needs to Lose Weight
- Health Tip: Watch the Road on Halloween
- Discussing Ebola: Children Feel Safe, Calm When Adults Do, Too
- Medication Errors Occur Every 8 Minutes in U.S. Children
- Health Tip: Snacking After School
- Health Tip: Dish Up Healthier Halloween Goodies
- Vitamin D Might Help Kids With Eczema
- Athletic Trainers' Group Advises Heart Tests for Young Athletes
- Health Tip: Listen to Your Child About Food Allergies
- 'Desensitized' Parents Let Kids Watch More Movie Violence, Sex
- Detergent Pods Pose Risk to Kids' Eyes, Researchers Warn
- Most Kindergartners Are Getting Their Shots: CDC
- More Kids Using ERs for Medical Care, Researchers Say
- Health Tip: Installing a Child's Car Seat
- Kids May Leave Hospital Sooner When Antibiotics Are Controlled
- Docs Offer Advice for Combating Respiratory Virus That's Striking Kids
- Health Tip: If Your Child's Grades Are Dropping
- Preterm Birth, Pneumonia Leading Causes of Death for Children Under 5
- Brainwaves May Help Gauge Autism Severity: Study
- Do Greener Neighborhoods Produce Healthier Babies?
- Kids' Severe Respiratory Virus Confirmed in Northeast
- Small Number of Drugs Behind Kids' Accidental Poisonings: CDC
- Physical Activity May Boost School Performance, Especially for Boys
- Health Tip: If Your Child Can't Sleep
- Nine of 10 American Kids Eat Too Much Salt: CDC
- Study Finds Drop in Kids' Hospital-Related Infections
- Health Tip: Prevent Children From Falling Out a Window
- Family, Screen Time Tied to Kids' Success: Study
- Simple Steps Make Shots Less Scary for Kids, Nurse Says
- Getting Back to School Sleep Schedules
- What Parents Need to Know About Sports Participation
- For Kids, Risks of Parental Smoking Persist Long-Term, Study Finds
- Children Face Highest Health Risk From Cell Phones
- More Children Hit by Cars in September, Experts Say
- Settling Back-to-School Nerves
- Health Tip: Reading Out Loud With Your Child
- Childhood Urinary Tract Infection May Bring Lasting Harm to Kidneys
- Hot Cars Can Quickly Prove Deadly for Kids
- Could a Little Video Game Play Be Good for Kids?
- Health Tip: Set Rules About TV Time
- Tip-Over Furniture Can Kill Kids
- Health Tip: Choosing a Safe Summer Camp
- Many U.S. Male Soldiers Had Troubled Childhoods, Study Finds
- Many Kids With Medicaid Use ER as Doctor's Office: CDC
- 'Little League Shoulder' on the Rise
- Most Kids Eat Fruit, Veggies Daily: CDC
- Spoon Measurements Behind Many Child Drug-Dosing Errors: Study
- Will You Be Obese? Look at Your Sisters, Brothers
- Kids Still Getting Too Much 'Screen Time': CDC
- Childhood Vaccines Vindicated Once More
- Report: Fortified Foods May Pose Risks for Kids
- Pediatrics Group Wants Parents to Read to Their Children Every Day
- For Safety's Sake, Don't Leave Kids in Cars
- Tips for Keeping That Bounce House Safe
- ER Visits Peak When Kids Barred From Child Care: Study
- Health Tip: Teach Children About Responsibility
- U.S. Health Snapshots: Insurance Coverage Expands, but Gaps Remain
- Best Children's Hospitals Ranked by U.S. News
- Flame Retardants Common in Dust at Child Care Centers: Study
- Health Tip: Help Your Child Give Up Thumb Sucking
- Injuries From Swallowed Magnets on the Rise in Kids, Study Finds
- Time Outdoors May Help Kids Connect With Nature
- Hard Work Propels Asian-American Students to Head of Class: Study
- Health Tip: Batteries May Be Dangerous for Kids
- Preschoolers Getting Too Much Screen Time: Survey
- By 9 Months, Baby's Visual Learning Kicks In: Study
- 1 in 13 U.S. Schoolkids Takes Psych Meds: Report
- If Kids Think Someone's Watching, They're More Likely to Wash Their Hands
- Too Much Codeine Still Prescribed to U.S. Kids: Study
- Crankier Babies May Get More TV Time
- Vegetables in Childhood May Benefit Breast Health
- Naps Enhance Learning for Young Children, Study Says
- Free Drinking Water Available to Most U.S. Kids at School Lunch
- Intensive Early Childhood Education May Boost Adult Health
- Health Tip: Check Your Child's Playground
- Health Tip: Keep Poisons From Children
- White House Extends Enrollment Deadline for Obamacare
- When Moms Get Active, Kids Follow
- More Drug-Resistant Infections Seen in U.S. Children
- 7 Things We Know Now About Obamacare
- Health Tip: Floss Your Child's Teeth
- Docs Should Check Personalities of Younger Patients: Study
- Sweet, Salty Taste Preferences Tied Together in Kids
- When a Parent Dies, What Helps a Child Cope?
- Stress Can Quickly Harm Kids' Health: Study
- Gardening Might Give Kids a Fitness Boost
- Returning Military Dads Often Struggle to Reconnect With Kids
- Kids Who Repeat a Grade Can Become Discipline Problems, Study Says
- When Smartphone Is Near, Parenting May Falter
- Kids Lacking At-Home Enrichment Gain Most From Head Start: Study
- Health Tip: If Your Child Has a Dental Emergency
- Schools Add More Fruits, Veggies to the '3 Rs'
- Health Tip: Protect Your Child's Heart Health
- Health Tip: Caring for Kids' Teeth
- Retail Clinics for Kids: No Sub for Pediatricians
- Family Conflicts Can Impair Child's Brain Development: Study
- Students' Health Habits Tied to School Success
- Kids' Checkups Should Include Cholesterol, Depression Tests, Doctors Say
- Heavy Kids May Suffer Worse Elbow Fractures
- STD Education Must Start Long Before Kids Engage in Sex
- Health Tip: OTC Medications for Children
- Health Tip: Trampoline Injuries
- Energy Drinks, Coffee Increasing Sources of Caffeine for Kids, CDC Says
- Fewer U.S. Kids Killed in Car Crashes; Safety Restraints Still an Issue
- Shy Kids Might Not Have Difficulty With Language
- Early Childhood Memories May Fade Long Before Childhood Is Over
- Kids Who Undergo Heart Transplant Living Longer: Study
- Many Parents Learn Online Skills From Their Tech-Savvy Kids
- Health Tip: Want to Be a Babysitter?
- Shopping Carts Can Pose Big Danger to Little Kids
- Children Who Lose Close Relative at Risk of Mental Problems: Study
- U.S. Children's Hospitals Vary Widely In Tonsillectomy Care
- Marketing of Unhealthy Foods Still Common in U.S. Schools: Study
- Health Tip: Little Kids and Some Pets Don't Mix
- Curtain Rises Wednesday on 'Obamacare'
- U.S. Spends 5 Times More Than U.K. on Antibiotics for Kids: Study
- White House Extends Insurance Enrollment Deadline for Second Time
- Deadlines Approach for Health Insurance Enrollment
- Survey Finds Support for Banning E-Cigarette Use by Kids
- 1 in 6 Fathers Doesn't Live With His Kids: CDC
- Health Tip: Follow Age Recommendations on Children's Toys
- How Worried Are Parents About Kids' Online Safety?
- Parents Who Set, Stick to Rules May Help Kids Stay Slim
- Parents Clueless About Dangers of iPods, Other Noise Hazards: Study
- Health Tip: Is Your Child Overloaded?
- How to Handle a Child's Seizure
- Health Care Enrollments Fall Far Short of White House Estimates
- Gun Violence in PG-13 Movies Tripled Since 1985, Study Finds
- Parental Stress, Domestic Violence May Affect Kids' Development: Study
- IVF Conception Doesn't Seem to Raise Kids' Cancer Risk: Study
- Childhood Music Lessons May Offer Lifelong Benefits
- Think You Know What Your Child's Up to Online? Think Again
- Trick-or-Treating Safety Tips From an ER Doc
- Overuse Injuries May Rise When Kids Specialize in One Sport
- Antibiotic-Resistant Infections Up Among Hospitalized Kids: Study
- Too Few Kids Follow Bike Helmet Laws, Study Finds
- Moms With Lupus More Likely to Have Children With Autism, Study Suggests
- 'Super-Magnets' Pose Rising Threat to Kids, Study Finds
- Parents Favor Email Medical Consults for Kids' Minor Illnesses: Survey
- Kids Who Exercise More May Get Better Grades
- Children of Teen Mothers Don't Have Mental Disadvantage, Study Suggests
- Irregular Bedtimes Lead to Behavior Problems in Kids: Study
- Bullet Wounds Kill 8 Percent of U.S. Kids Treated at ERs
- Health Tip: Is Your Child Sleep-Deprived?
- Junk Food Makers Target Kids With Free Online Games, Study Says
- New Test Spots Risk for PTSD in Injured Kids
- After Tonsillectomy, Over-the-Counter Painkillers Suffice, Study Says
- Computer Problems Still Vex Day 2 of Health Insurance Exchange Rollout
- Computer Glitches Mar Health Insurance Rollout
- Obamacare's Health Exchanges Up and Running
- Medicare, Medicaid To Keep Running Despite U.S. Government Shutdown
- HEALTH REFORM: Exchanges Will Be Cornerstone for Coverage Choices
- 'Intensifed' Global Effort Needed to Further Cut Child Deaths: Report
- 7 Surprising Things About the Affordable Care Act
- Same-Sex Couples' Kids Less Likely to Have Private Health Insurance: Study
- Health Tip: Climbing at the Playground
- Health Tip: Buying Children's Shoes
- Kids' Attitudes Toward Disabled People Improve With Contact
- U.S. Schools Show Progress in Healthy Behaviors, CDC Says
- Health Tip: Kids Shouldn't Watch Too Much TV
- How to Help Kids Quell Back-to-School Jitters
- Expert Tips for School Bus Safety
- Doctors' Tips for Backpack Safety
- U.S. Circumcision Rates Drop by 10 Percent: CDC
- Lead Exposure Tied to Early Risk of School Suspension
- Backpack Safety Tips for Back to School
- Plastics Chemicals May Boost Kids' Risk for Obesity, Diabetes
- Kindergartners' Soda Intake Linked to Aggression in Study
- Nice Kids Get Treated Nicely: Study
- Playing Violent Video Games Linked to Impulsive Behavior
- Health Tip: What Should Preschoolers Drink?
- Bedsores More Common Than Thought for Hospitalized Kids
- Water-Safety Essentials for Parents
- Music May Ease Pain for Kids During Hospital Procedure
- Health Tip: Children Are Vulnerable in the Heat
- Poll: U.S. Adults Support Smoking Ban in Cars With Kids
- Tips to Prevent Serious Lawn Mower Injuries in Kids
- Poverty Rate Still High Among U.S. Children: Report
- 5 Things Kids Should Tell Their Asthma Doctor
- Irregular Bedtimes May Sap Kids' Brainpower
- New Grants Will Help Get Health Insurance for More Kids
- Health Tip: When Your Child Has a Cold
- Health Tip: School Bus Riders Must Follow the Rules
- New 'Active' Video Games May Give Kids More Exercise
- Collapsible Laundry Hampers May Pose Risk to Kids' Eyes
- Many Kids Missing Out on Healthy Lifestyle
- Flu Spreads Quickest Among Kids, Teachers, Health-Care Workers
- Focus on Health, Not Fat, in Food Talks With Kids
- You Can Boost Your Baby's Vocabulary
- Quicker Infant Growth Tied to Higher IQ Later
- Children's Eye Injuries Peak in Summer, Expert Says
- Potty-Training Pitfalls and How to Avoid Them
- Kids' ER Visits Decline If Doctor Has Evening Hours: Study
- Kids' Pitching Injuries Rising; Study Blames Overuse
- Many U.S. Adults Under-Vaccinated Against Whooping Cough, Survey Finds
- Sibling Bullying Can Lead to Depression, Anxiety in Victims
- Minority Kids With Autism Less Likely to Use Specialty Services: Study
- Early, Severe Flu Season Caused Big Rise in Child Deaths: CDC
- Health Tip: Protect Kids' Eyes
- Health Tip: Kids Need Strong Bones, Too
- Health Tip: Prevent Furniture Tipping
- Drowning Prevention Measures to Keep Kids Safe in Water
- Summer Camp Health Tips for Parents
- Kids With Past Concussions Take Longer to Recover
- Health Tip: Get Your Child to the Eye Doctor
- Health Tip: Choosing Your Child's Pediatrician
- Recession Forced Cutbacks in Care for Special Needs Kids: Study
- Health Tip: Keep Kids Active During Summer Break
- Many Parents Unaware of Teens' Abuse of ADHD Drugs
- More Kids Being Poisoned by Prescription Drugs: Study
- Health Tip: Help Kids With Diabetes Deal With Shots
- U.S. School Kids Should Get Hour of Exercise Daily: Report
- Type 2 Diabetes Progresses Faster in Kids, Study Finds
- Sleepless Nights May Hurt School Performance of Kids With Asthma
- Removing Tonsils Helps Kids With Sleep Apnea, Study Finds
- Primary Care Docs Should Play Role in Kids' Dental Health, Experts Say
- Swallowing Magnets Can Be Fatal for Children
- Health Tip: Help Children Eat Healthier
- Kids' Reading, Math Skills Tied to Future Success
- More Time in Gym Class Equals Stronger Kids
- Bacteria in Baby's Belly May Influence Growth, Study Says
- Magnesium-Rich Food May Help Keep Kids' Bones Strong
- Some Blackboard Chalks Might Spur Allergies in Kids: Study
- Gasoline Poisonings in Kids Spike During Summer: Study
- Preordered School Lunches May Be Healthier, Study Finds
- Want Tots Without Allergies? Try Sucking on Their Pacifiers
- At-Home Drug Errors Common for Kids With Cancer, Research Shows
- Food, Skin Allergies on the Rise Among Children: CDC
- Study Looks at Vitamin D Needs in Breast-Fed Babies
- More Than 4,000 U.S. Kids Hurt Each Year on Amusement Rides
- Why Johnny Can't Add, Even After Tutoring
- Allergies: As American as Apple Pie?
- Poor Parenting Styles Linked to Bullying Behavior in Kids
- Protect Your Kids From Pollen Allergies: Expert
- Kids' Smoking Influences May Change Over Time
- Many Kids Who Undergo Stem Cell Transplants Must Return to Hospital
- Kids' Concussion Recovery Varies by Symptom Severity: Study
- Many Parents Give Kids Cold Medicines When They Shouldn't, Survey Finds
- Kids More Likely to Pick Up Warts at Home, Not Public Spaces
- Sons of Absent or Abusive Fathers May Pick More Bar Fights: Survey
- Health Tip: Make Kids Safe in the Sandbox
- Health Tip: What's Keeping Your Child Awake?
- Mental Health Care Lacking for Kids, Advocates Say
- Expert Pitches Safety Tips for Young Baseball Players
- Despite Big Progress, Many Kids Have High Lead Levels in Blood
- One in 10 U.S. Kids Diagnosed With ADHD: Report
- Child's Cancer Often Causes Parents Severe Distress: Study
- Keep Kids Safe From Laundry Detergent Packets
- Parents Will Push for Medication, Even If Doc Says Not Needed
- Certain Parents Less Likely to Follow Doctors' Advice: Poll
- Too Much TV May Make Kids Antisocial, Study Suggests
- Picky Eating in Youngsters Might Be Largely Caused by Genes
- Antipsychotic Drug Use Rising for Kids on Medicaid, Study Finds
- Fit Kids May Dodge Fractures in Old Age
- Four in 10 Babies Given Solid Foods Too Early, Study Finds
- Ready-to-Eat Foods for Toddlers Often Too Salty: Study
- One in 50 School-Aged Children in U.S. Has Autism: CDC
- Switch to Skim Milk Won't Prevent Toddler's Obesity: Study
- Vitamin D Levels in Pregnancy May Not Affect Kids' Future Bone Health
- ERs Not Doing Enough to Educate Parents on Car-Seat Safety: Study
- Don't Give ADHD Meds to Undiagnosed Kids, Experts Urge
- Health Tip: Be Careful With Kids Around Water at Home
- Sports Help Dads, Daughters Bond, Study Says
- Health Tip: Childproof the Laundry Area
- Health Tip: Teach Kids to Prevent Overuse Injuries
- Health Tip: Teach Kids In-Line Skating Safety
- Spotting Sleep Problems in Special-Needs Children
- Heart-Healthy Habits in Childhood May Prevent Future Disease
- Video Games May Sharpen Focusing Skills in Kids With Dyslexia
- Babies Born to Obese Women Show Thicker Arteries: Study
- When Kids Exercise More, Their Grades Might Rise Too
- Mother's Drinking Increases Risk of Infant's Death: Study
- H1N1 Swine Flu Vaccine Tied to Sleep Disorder in British Children
- Health Tip: Protecting Babies From Whooping Cough
- Pediatricians Say No to Expulsions, Suspensions at Schools
- Poll: Many Americans Don't See Their Kids as Overweight
- Allergy 'Rescue' Shots May Work Better in Lower Thigh of Overweight Kids
- Health Tip: Serve Up a Healthy After-School Snack
- Children Born With Heart Defects Show Growth Lags 3 Years Later
- Experts Dispute Value of Checking Kids' Blood Pressure
- Without Laws, Many Tanning Salons Would Allow Kids: Study
- Pediatrics Group Issues New Ear Infection Guidelines
- New Guidelines Issued for Genetic Screening in Newborns, Children
- Codeine Risky for Kids After Certain Surgeries, FDA Says
- Plastics Chemical BPA Common in 'Preemie' ICU: Study
- Many Younger Parents Weigh Online Doctor Reviews: Poll
- Childhood Bullying Can Leave Lifelong Scars
- Multiple Tests Needed to Spot Infections in Newborns: Study
- Health Tip: Reading to Baby
- Health Tip: Encourage Kids to Help in the Kitchen
- Early Exposure to Gluten May Help Babies Avoid Celiac Risk: Study
- 'Bilingual Babies' Can Tell Languages Apart
- Those Childhood Piano Lessons Should Start Early
- Kids With Knee ACL Injuries Require Special Care
- Little-Known Respiratory Infection Sends Many Kids to Hospital
- Praising Kids for Efforts, Not Qualities, May Help Them Succeed
- Skin-Care Basics for Your New Baby
- Stroke During Childhood May Raise Risk for Epilepsy, Study Says
- Breast-Feeding Still Less Common for Black Babies: CDC
- Type 1 Diabetes Up 70 Percent in Kids, Study Finds
- Day Care May Not Raise Behavior Woes in Kids After All
- Health Tip: Giving Up Baby's Bottle
- Kids' Abdominal Injuries May Not Warrant CT Scan
- Chips, Sodas Out, Healthier Fare In With New School Snack Rules
- School Bullies Often Popular, Survey Finds
- For Most Bullied Gay Kids, Things Do 'Get Better,' Study Finds
- Health Tip: Keep Kids Safe in Cold Weather
- Health Tip: Minimize Pesticide Exposure
- Health Tip: Is Your Child Being Bullied?
- No Proof Drugs Ease Kids' Migraines: Study
- High Blood Pressure in Kids May Be Less Common Than Thought
- Common Painkillers Tied to Kidney Risks for Children: Study
- Vaccinating Kids Against Common Gut Bug Helps Shield Adults Too: Study
- Playing for Fun May Reduce Young Athletes' Injuries
- One Path to Fitter Kids: More P.E. at School
- How to Tell If Your Child Is Too Sick for School: Expert
- Health Tip: Help Protect Kids from Flu
- Study Finds Nearly Half of U.S. Kids Are Under-Vaccinated
- Obese Kids May Face Immediate Health Woes, Study Finds
- Childhood Obesity Rates Drop in New York City, Los Angeles: Study
- Health Tip: Encourage Kids to Snack on Fruits and Veggies
- Cases of Rare But Deadly Encephalitis Rising Among Kids, Report Finds
- Screen Time Near Bedtime Means Less Sleep for Kids
- Study Finds Low Flu Vaccine Rates in U.S. Kids
- Thigh Is Safer Vaccination Site Than Arm for Toddlers, Study Finds
- Safer Roads Near Schools May Mean Fewer Kids Struck by Cars
- Fast Food Tied to Asthma, Eczema and Hay Fever in Kids
- Mother-to-Be's Pollen Exposure May Boost Asthma Risk in Baby
- Safe Ways to Relieve Your Young Child's Flu Symptoms
- High BPA Levels in Kids Linked to Risk for Heart, Kidney Damage: Study
- Fisher-Price Recalls Sleepers Due to Mold Risk
- Hospital Type Linked to Racial Disparities in Kids With Appendicitis Complication
- Health Tip: Talk to Kids About Smoking
- Economic Conditions at Birth Linked to Behavior in Teen Years
- Health Tip: Boost Baby's Brain With Toys
- Health Tip: Don't Overfeed Your Toddler
- Pediatricians Promote Benefits of Recess
- What's Best for Kids' Eye Health? Experts Give Insight
- Some Kids Abusing Common Baking Ingredients
- Health Tip: Help Keep Your Baby's Crib Safe
- Health Tip: Calming a Fussy Baby
- Consider Eye Safety When Toy Shopping
- FDA Approves Tamiflu for Infants
- Early Language Skills Reduce Preschool Tantrums, Study Finds
- Motivation and Study, Not IQ, Are Keys to Kids' Math Success
- Is the Mental Health System Failing Troubled Kids?
- Quality of Life Can Suffer for Kids With Heart Devices
- Health Tip: Keep Kids From Choking Hazards
- About 100,000 Water-Expanding Toys Recalled
- Fewer Children Injured From Swallowing Caustic Chemicals: Study
- Having Babies Sit Up May Help Them Learn
- How to Talk to Children About School Shooting
- Keep Tots' Milk to 2 Cups a Day: Study
- Pricey Cigarettes, Strict Schools Help Curb Teen Smoking
- Gadget Givers Urged to Consider Ramifications
- Health Tip: Shopping for Children's Shoes
- 2-Year Period After Parent's Suicide Try Most Risky for Children: Study
- Secondhand Smoke Puts Children at Risk for Meningitis
- Brain Changes Continue After Child's Concussion: Study
- U.S. Task Force Urges Docs to Counsel Kids Against Smoking
- Kids With Autism Common Users of ERs, Study Says
- Is Your Little One Scared of Santa?
- More Salt in Kids' Diets May Mean More Obesity
- Feds Sue Nap Nanny Maker Over Infant Deaths
- Kids May Be at Slightly Higher Asthma Risk If Parents Had Infertility Treatments
- Social Media May Help Fight Childhood Obesity
- What Doctors Don't Know About Treating Kids With Epilepsy
- Children's Seizures Not Always Damaging, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Make Sure Kids Get Enough Water
- Could Baby's Crying Give Clues to Autism?
- When to Worry About Your Child's Fever
- 'Hiding' Cigarettes in Stores Might Keep Kids From Smoking: Study
- Make Sure Toys You Buy Are Safe for Tots
- Steep Cigarette Tax Hike Could Save Lives, Money: Report
- Boys With Undescended Testicles at Higher Risk for Testicular Cancer: Study
- U.S. Kids Getting Enough Sleep After All: Survey
- Whooping Cough Vaccine Less Effective Over Time: Study
- Parents' Fear of Dentist May Get Passed On to Kids
- Cardiac Screening for All Young Athletes Carries Big Price Tag: Study
- Sharp Rise in Kids' Injuries in 'Bouncy Castles'
- Study Supports Link Between Obesity, Cavities in Homeless Kids
- Bigger Babies Have Bigger Brains as Teens: Study
- Kids With Psoriasis More Likely to Be Overweight: Study
- Happier Childhoods Tied to More Wealth as Adults: Study
- Kids in Daycare More Prone to Be Overweight
- Does Eating Fish During Infancy Cut Asthma Risk?
- Poor Neighborhoods Home to More Obese Kids: Study
- Cartoons May Ease Anxiety for Kids Facing Surgery
- Children's PeaPod Travel Beds Recalled
- Youngest Kids in Class May Be More Likely to Get ADHD Diagnosis
- Muscle-Building Teens May Go to Extremes, Study Finds
- Flame Retardants in Furniture, Carpets Might Affect Kids' Development
- Health Tip: Caring for Baby's Cradle Cap
- Kids With Autism and Child Prodigies May Share Certain Traits
- Kids' Generosity May Depend on Who's Watching: Study
- Moderate Drinking in Pregnancy Tied to Lower IQ in Child
- Doctors Need Better Ways to Spot, Treat Concussion in Kids
- Some Kids May Overcome or Outgrow Egg Allergy, Study Suggests
- Health Tip: Teach Kids About Smart Snacking
- Many Smokers Light Up With Kids in Car: Study
- Better Economic Status Tied to Peanut Allergy in Kids: Study
- Another Study Links 'Sexting' to Sexual Activity in Teens
- Parents' Social Anxiety May Raise Kids' Risk for Anxiety Disorder
- For Kids, Eating Out = More Calories
- Health Tip: Protect Your Child From Abduction
- Migraines May Hurt Kids' Grades Too
- Summer Babies Less Likely to Be CEOs, Study Contends
- Pacifiers Crawling With Germs
- Reducing Kids' TV Time: What Works?
- Play-Focused Program Might Help Kids With Autism
- Liberal or Conservative: Study Finds Childhood Influence
- For Many, 'Superstorm' Sandy Could Take Toll on Mental Health
- New Treatment May Kill Head Lice -- Fast
- Homelessness, Frequent Moves Affect How Kids Do in School
- Help Kids Breathe Easier on Halloween
- Potty-Training Method Won't Affect Tot's Health: Study
- Smoking During Pregnancy Tied to Extra Weight in Kids
- Early Autism Treatment Benefits Kids' Brains
- Halloween Warning: Decorative Contact Lenses May Damage Your Eyes
- Mothers' Weight-Loss Surgery Linked to Kids' Heart Health
- Staying Home With Sick Kids Causes Job Worries for Parents: Survey
- Foster Kids Adopted by Same-Sex Parents Make Big Gains, Study Says
- Child Poisonings From Eye Drops, Nose Sprays
- Exercise Boosts School Performance for Kids With ADHD: Study
- Lax Parents, Dealers May Lead to ATV Crashes, Study Suggests
- Antibiotics Don't Ease Coughs in Kids With Common Cold: Study
- Health Tip: Enjoy a Healthier Halloween
- Harmful Chemicals Found in Day Care Centers, Study Says
- Kids Still Swallowing Magnets Despite Warning Labels
- 'Off-Label' Use of Meds Routine in Pediatric ICU
- Health Tip: Stay Safe This Halloween
- Health Tip: Secure Your Child in a Booster Seat
- Bullying May Be Linked to Mental Disorders
- Little Evidence Organic Food Better in Long Run: Report
- Health Tip: Don't Take the Wrong Medication
- Health Tip: Wash Your Hands
- Stress in Parents Linked to Obesity in Kids
- Kids With Autism Find It Hard to Describe Poor Behavior, Study Finds
- Many Grandparents Lack Latest Child Safety Info: Study
- Colorful Detergent 'Pods' a Danger for Children: CDC
- Caring Parents Less Likely to Raise a Bully, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Is Your Child a Biter?
- New Risks for Kids Crossing the Street
- Study Sees Link Between Prolonged Formula Feeding, Leukemia Risk
- Painkiller Abuse by Kids Way Up, Study Finds
- Dad's Advice Could Be Key to Teens' Sexual Activity
- Preemies Born to Poor Families May Face Higher Risk for Brain Bleeds
- Parents' Love in Infancy Pays Off Later, Study Finds
- Secondhand Smoke Ups Babies' Risk of Asthma, Study Says
- Some Boys With ADHD May Struggle as Adults
- Health Tip: Help Keep Head Lice From Coming Back
- When Adults Smoke in Cars, Child Passengers Suffer: Study
- 'Mother's Kiss' Can Expel Objects From Kids' Noses
- Parents May Be Taking Concussion Symptoms Too Lightly: Survey
- Taking Terror Out of Nightmares: Tips for Parents
- Avoid Scary Calorie Counts This Halloween
- A Little Bit of Extra Sleep Pays Off Big for Kids
- Pre-Test Jitters Might Boost Scores: Study
- Many Hospitalized Children Experience Severe Pain: Report
- Kids With Hemophilia Should Be Active, But Avoid Risky Sports: Study
- Health Tip: Easing Teething Pain
- Teens Want Voice in End-of-Life Decisions
- Too Many Autistic Children Wander Off
- Health Tip: Starting Baby on Solid Foods
- Certain Eye Injuries in Kids May Indicate Child Abuse: Study
- Fresh Blood as Good as Older Blood for Preemie Transfusions: Study
- CT Scans of Kids in ER With Stomach Pain Skyrockets
- BPA Exposure Impacts Pregnant Women's Thyroids, Study Suggests
- Mailed Kits May Prompt Parents to Protect Kids From Sun
- Follow-Up Lacking for Babies After Hepatitis B Vaccination: CDC
- Smoking Scenes on Rise in Top-Grossing Youth-Rated Movies: CDC
- Exercise Programs for Kids Seem to Have Little Impact: Study
- Health Tip: Treat a Toddler to a Picnic
- Half of Pregnant Women, Newborns Risk Flu
- Declining Funding May Cause U.N. to Fall Short of Health Goals
- TV for Kids Filled With Social Bullying, Study Finds
- Why Some Mothers (Wrongly) Let Kids Try Alcohol
- 'Fragile X Syndrome' Researchers Boost Social Skills in Mice
- Stress Linked to Greater Weight Gain in Black Girls, Study Finds
- After Tonsillectomy, Steroids May Not Increase Bleeding
- Many Children With Autism Have Other Health Problems, Study Says
- Doctors' Intuition May Be Key to Spotting Infections in Kids
- Virus Patterns Where Kids Live May Affect Asthma Risk
- Active Video Games Have Exercise-Like Effects in Kids: Study
- Health Tip: If You or Your Child Have a Food Allergy
- Obese Black Kids More Susceptible to Hypertension, Study Finds
- Adults See Some Teen Bullying as Less Serious: Survey
- Health Tip: Kids on the Run
- Trampolines Not Worth the Risk, Doctor Group Says
- Health Tip: Worried About Lead Exposure?
- Kids Exposed to Mercury, Lead at Risk for ADHD
- Secondhand Smoke in Pregnancy Seems to Harm Baby, Too
- Childhood Trauma Linked to Later Stroke Risk
- More Kids Opting Out of School-Required Vaccinations: Study
- Diminished Taste Buds Noted in Obese Children
- Too Much Tuna Means Too Much Mercury for Kids
- Aerobic Exercise Cuts Kids' Diabetes Risk: Study
- More U.S. Kids Prescribed Off-Label Antipsychotics: Study
- FDA to Parents: Don't Give SimplyThick to Infants
- Health Tip: Don't Leave Kids in the Car Alone
- BPA in Foods, Drinks Linked to Childhood Obesity
- Expandable Water Toys Pose Risk to Children
- Do Video Games Promote Reckless Driving in Certain Teens?
- At-Home Moms Cook, Shop, Play More With Kids: Study
- Health Tip: Keep Baby Safe in a Stroller
- Salt in Kids' Diets Linked to High Blood Pressure
- Improved Developmental Screening Urged for Hispanic Kids
- Health Tip: Coping With Separation Anxiety
- Details: New Presidential Youth Fitness Program
- Kids' Strep Throat: Likely No Need to Lose Tonsils
- U.S. Expands SIDS Prevention Effort
- Whooping Cough Vaccine Protection Wanes Fast
- Children of U.S. Immigrants May Have Academic Edge
- Younger Kids Likelier to Gain Weight After Tonsillectomy
- Young Children Treated for Cancer May Be at Risk for PTSD: Study
- Kids' Vaccine Exemptions Too Easy to Obtain: Study
- Tight Blood Sugar Control Won't Help Babies After Heart Surgery
- Put Traffic Safety on Back-to-School 'To-Do' List: Experts
- Pediatricians' Group Urges Flu Shot for Kids Aged 6 Months and Up
- Overweight Teens Typically Eat Less Than Normal-Weight Peers
- Postpartum Depression May Lead to Shorter Kids: Study
- Parents, Rest Easy About Infant 'Sleep Training'
- Kids Develop Sense of Humor by Age 1, Study Finds
- Childhood Vaccination Rates Remain High, CDC Says
- Health Tip: Protect Kids From Mosquito Bites
- Health Tip: Cleaning a Young Child's Teeth
- Health Tip: Packing a Backpack
- Laundry Packs Tempting to Children
- Testosterone Drops in Dads Sharing Beds With Kids
- Teen Obesity Linked to Mom's Smoking in Pregnancy: Study
- Sleep Problems Linked to More Special Ed
- Can Childhood Obesity Hinder the Brain?
- Tiny Batteries a Rising Risk for Children
- Only Children More Likely to Be Overweight
- Daily Temper Tantrums Not the Norm for Preschoolers: Study
- Afinitor Disperz Approved for Rare Pediatric Cancer
- Most U.S. Schools Unprepared for Pandemics: Study
- Health Tip: If Your Child Develops Food Poisoning
- Kids With Neurological Conditions at Higher Risk of Flu Death: CDC
- Snoring Kids Should Be Screened for Sleep Apnea: Experts
- Couch-Potato Kids Are Top U.S. Child Health Problem: Poll
- Making Parental Peace With Kids' Homework
- Gallstones in Kids, Teens Linked to Obesity
- Overloaded Backpacks Can Injure Kids: Experts
- New Policy Supports Choice for Male Circumcision
- Are Kindergarten Kids Getting Their Vaccines?
- Childhood Music Lessons May Create Better Listeners
- Minority Fifth Graders Face Health Obstacles, Study Finds
- Vitamin D May Thwart Kids' Winter Colds
- Popular Characters Can Help Kids Eat Healthy Foods Too
- Soy Formula May Harm Babies With Underactive Thyroid: Report
- Antibiotic Use in Infants Tied to Overweight Later: Study
- 40 Proven Strategies to Improve Public Health
- Unhappy Kids Are More Materialistic, Study Finds
- Vaccinations Belong on Parents' Back-to-School Checklists
- Curbing Circumcision Boosts STDs, Study Contends
- Health Tip: When Children Develop Hearing Loss
- Late-Night Cramming May Hurt School Test Results
- Anesthesia May Harm Children's Brains
- Chickenpox Cases Fall 80% Over Decade: CDC
- Most Parents Think Social Media Not a Bad Thing: Survey
- Health Tip: Protect Kids With a Life Jacket
- With Very Sick Infants, Doctors and Parents Often Miscommunicate
- FDA: Codeine May Be Risky for Kids After Surgery
- Baby's Healthy Diet Feeds IQ, Study Finds
- Hepatitis A Vaccine for Children Lasts for 10 Years: Study
- Health Tip: Get Baby Moving
- More Delays in Brain Growth Seen With ADHD
- Hepatitis C Treatment May Hamper Kids' Growth
- Health Tip: Is Anxiety Affecting Your Child?
- Parents' Religious Beliefs Can Complicate Kids' End-of-Life Care
- Pay Attention in Preschool, Graduate From College: Study
- Babies of Heavy Moms Grow Slower: Study
- Mold Exposure in Infancy May Raise Asthma Risk
- Dyslexia May Be Caused by Signal Processing Problem in Brain
- Expert Tips for Summer Sports Safety
- How to Quell 9th-Grade Angst
- Safety Eyewear Can Prevent Sports Injuries in Kids
- Health Tip: Possible Signs of an Ear Infection
- Junk Food Laws in Schools May Mean Healthier Kids: Study
- Snoring Tots May Be at Risk for Behavior Problems
- Humira Might Help Kids With Tough-to-Treat Crohn's Disease
- Childhood Friendships May Be Key to Adult Happiness
- Vaginal Deliveries as Safe as C-Sections for Most Preterm Births
- Two Languages Better Than One for Kids' Brains: Study
- Fitter Kids, Better Grades?
- Few Follow Car Safety Guidelines for Kids, Study Finds
- Cholesterol Levels Getting Better for U.S. Kids: CDC
- All That Txtng May B Hrtng Kids' Grammar
- Few U.S. Kids Using Correct Car Safety Restraints
- Vitamin D Deficiency Common in Sick Kids
- Time Outside May Reduce Nearsightedness in Kids
- Violent TV Shows Keep Young Kids Awake: Study
- Expert Tips May Help Kids Avoid Allergens at School
- When Parents Get Active, So Do Kids: Study
- Health Tip: If Your Child Gets Headaches
- Health Tip: Protect Your Child in Extreme Heat
- Options Increasing for Coping With Kids' Food Allergies
- Signs of ADHD Evident by Preschool, Expert Says
- Boys' Impulsiveness May Add Up to Edge in Math
- Health Tip: Keep Your Child Safe in a High Chair
- Too Much Bottled Water Might Harm Kids' Teeth
- More Moms Breastfeeding
- Scientists ID New Gene Linked to Vision Loss in Infants
- Experts Offer Tips to Cut Kids' Screen Time During Summer
- Teething Baby? Avoid Benzocaine, FDA Says
- Health Tip: Help Baby Develop Healthy Sleep Habits
- Why Johnny Can't Run
- More Drug Trials Needed for Conditions Affecting Kids: Review
- Health Tip: Keep Your Child's Eczema at Bay
- Doctors Report Historic Transplant in Child
- Neglect May Harm Brain Growth in Children
- Child Abuse Linked to Higher Odds for Cancer as Adult
- Obese Kids May Be at Higher Risk for Heart Disease
- Heavy Drinking in Pregnancy Linked to Host of Problems in Children
- Many Teens With High Blood Pressure Don't Get Needed Tests
- Doctors Spar Over Cholesterol Screening in Kids
- Talk to Your Kids About the Colorado Killings
- Mom's HIV Drugs May Pass to Baby in Womb, Breast-Feeding
- Health Tip: Buying Shoes for Your Child
- Children's Toe Walking Not a Sign of Bigger Problems
- Dad's Early Engagement With Son May Shape Behavior Later
- Health Tip: Bring Baby Back to a Safe Home
- Health Tip: Rules for the Pool
- 'Egg Therapy' May Help Allergic Kids
- Mom's Pot Use Doubles Risk of 'Preemie' Birth: Study
- Health Tip: Protect Kids From Lead Exposure
- Sugary Drinks Not Replacing Milk as Kids Age: Study
- FDA Bans BPA in Baby Bottles
- Dental Fillings Linked to Slight Behavior Problems
- Preschool TV Habits Linked to 4th-Grade Waist Size, Fitness
- Child Abuse Rises When Economy Sags: Study
- Babies Born to Obese Mothers May Have Low Iron: Study
- Heavier Friends Might Widen Your Waistline: Study
- Health Tip: Use Caution Before Giving Cough Medicine to Kids
- Obesity Alone May Not Hurt Kids' Classroom Performance
- Annual Report on U.S. Kids' Health a Mixed Bag
- Caffeine in Pregnancy Won't Harm Offspring: Study
- Disabled Kids 4 Times More Likely to Suffer Violence: Study
- Kids' Track Injuries Surge in US
- Math Anxiety Takes Bigger Toll on Girls: Study
- Health Tip: Poor Air Quality Affects Kids With Asthma
- Infant Formula Can Be a Major Source of BPA: Experts
- Many Hospitalized Kids Struggle With Pain
- Keep Infants Out of Sun and Heat, Experts Warn
- Health Tip: Help Kids Have an Active Summer
- Many Babies Healthier in Homes With Dogs
- Parents Key to Whether Kids Get Enough Exercise, Studies Find
- Keeping Kids Safe on Roller Coasters and Other Thrill Rides
- U.S. Schools Throwing the Book at Unhealthy Drinks
- Racial Gap in Kids' Dental Care Vanishing: Study
- Health Tip: If Your Child Has a Nightmare
- Simple Steps Can Shield Children From Dog Bites
- 3-D Movies: Thrills and Ills
- Special-Ed Students at Greater Risk of Bullying, Being Bullied: Study
- Health Tip: Giving Your Child Medicine
- It's Not So Much the Heat, It's the Lack of Power
- Toddlers Are Happier to Give Than Receive: Study
- Summertime Is Tonsillectomy Time
- Young Athletes Face Unhealthy Food Choices, Parents Say
- Kids Born Even a Little Early Have Lower School Scores: Study
- Spanking Linked to Long-Term Mental Health Issues
- Prenatal Exposure to Common Household Chemical Linked to Eczema
- Job Worries for Parents May Mean Poorer Nutrition for Kids
- Limited Radiation May Help Some Kids With Lymphoma
- To Improve School Nutrition, Involve Teachers and Parents
- Test May Spot Autism in Young Children
- As Heat Builds, Take Steps to Protect Yourself
- Brain-Injury Recovery Varies Widely Among Children
- High Blood Pressure a Rising Risk for Kids, Teens
- Menhibrix Approved to Prevent Bacterial Infections in Youngsters
- 'Sexting' Common Among Teens: Survey
- Does Weight-Loss Surgery Work for Teens? Yes, Study Says
- Kids With Autism Face Health Care Disparities, Study Finds
- Parents' Fighting May Have Long-Lasting Effect on Kids
- Fathers Can Teach Their Children Persistence: Study
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Warts on the Feet
- Health Tip: Keep Kids Safe in the Backyard
- Infant Vaccination 'Delays' Triple in Oregon: Study
- Prescription Drugs for Kids: What's Up, Down
- Research Solves How Fetus Is Shielded From Immune System
- Vision Problems Tied to Extreme Prematurity in Study
- Dad's Love Can Be Crucial for Happy Childhood, Study Confirms
- Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes Rising Among U.S. Kids and Teens
- Young Kids With Hip, Thigh Fractures Heal Well With Single-Leg Casts
- Violence Takes a Toll on Children's Sleep
- Sleep Apnea in Teens Linked to Social, Behavioral Woes
- Newborn Screening May Miss Adrenal-Gland Disorder
- C-Section Babies May Be More Likely to Fail First Hearing Test
- Health Tip: Does Your Child Have a Seasonal Allergy?
- Danger at Home Lurks in Pills, Plants, Chemicals and More
- City Kids More Prone to Food Allergies Than Rural Peers: Study
- Tylenol Overdose Can Be Deadly for a Child
- Diabetes Rising Rapidly Among U.S. Kids
- Study: Self-Injury Common in Grade School
- Ritual in Some Jewish Circumcisions Raises Risk of Herpes Infection: Report
- Most 'Extreme Preemies' Grow Into Happy, Healthy Teens
- U.S. in Top 10 for Premature Births
- Docs Aren't Coaching Overweight Kids on How to Slim Down: Study
- Exercise Controls Weight in White Girls Better Than in Black Girls: Study
- Many Kids on Medicaid Don't See Dentist: Study
- Childhood CT Scans Raise Cancer Risk
- Blood Test May Spot Genetic Disease in Fetuses
- Evenflo Recalls Convertible High Chairs
- Low-Fiber Diet May Raise Teens' Risk for Heart Disease, Diabetes
- Disney to Curtail Junk Food Ads Aimed at Kids
- Health Tip: What to Expect After Childbirth
- Top 12 Children's Hospitals in the U.S.: Survey
- 'Super Bug' May Thrive in Homes Where Kids Have Staph Infections
- Parental Abuse, Neglect Linked to Increased Skin Cancer Risk
- Too Much Screen Time May Harm Kids' Fitness
- Leukemia Deadlier for Teens, Young Adults Than Younger Kids: Study
- Health Tip: Avoid Fighting With the Kids Over Food
- Many Moms Don't Meet Their Own Breastfeeding Goals
- Disability From Juvenile Arthritis Hurts Adult Job Prospects
- For Juvenile Arthritis, Pill May Work as Well as Needle
- Preteen Food Choices May Help Predict Eating Disorders Later
- Health Tip: Warning Signs of Infant Dehydration
- 'Cooling' Helps Oxygen-Deprived Newborns: Study
- Emotional Woes May Last for Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Soy and Cow's Milk-Based Baby Formulas Face Off
- Physical Education Is Good for Kids' Grades, Study Finds
- Doubt Cast on Usefulness of 'Sensory' Therapies for Autism
- Friends Influence How Active Kids Are
- High Blood Pressure in Pregnancy May Threaten Kids' Heart Health
- Health Tip: Keep Magnets Away From Children
- Overweight Moms More Apt to Have Large Babies, Study Says
- Health Tip: Signs That Baby is in Pain
- Some Heavy Kids at Risk of Blindness, Study Says
- Most Children With Autism Diagnosed at 5 or Older
- Asthma Meds May Be Linked to Irregular Heartbeat
- Obese Teens Can Have Heart Damage Without Showing Signs
- Health Tip: Eat a Healthy Diet When Nursing
- C. diff on Rise in Kids -- and Outside Hospital
- Tiny Tots in the Dentist's Chair Among Changes in Pediatric Dentistry
- Underage Drinkers Can Easily Order Alcohol From the Internet
- Fees Lead Some Kids to Skip After-School Sports: Survey
- Keeping Your Family Safe From Dog Bites
- Breathing Smog While Pregnant May Worsen Asthma in Offspring
- Study Ties Secondhand Smoke to Bladder Irritation in Kids
- Health Tip: Comforting Baby's Pain
- Overweight, Obese Teens Show Early Heart Risks
- Parents Often Lose Sleep Over Child's Epilepsy, Study Finds
- Drowning Top Cause of Injury Deaths in Kids 1-4
- Developmental Woes Common in Siblings of Children With Autism
- CDC Lowers Lead-Poisoning Threshold for Kids
- Experimental Drug Helps Fight Some Childhood Cancers, Study Finds
- More People -- Even Kids -- Need to Wear Sunglasses
- Fewer U.S. Teens and Young Adults Smoke
- Infant Head Lag May Signal Autism
- Two-Drug Combo Helps Teens With Migraines
- Americans Living Longer but Obesity Rising
- Sooner Is Better for Controlling Obese Kids' Weight: Study
- Does Your Child Have Seasonal Allergies or a Cold?
- Bottles, Binkies, and Batteries Send Kids to ER
- Only Half of Meds Taken by Kids Have 'Adequate' Safety Info: Study
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Gas in Babies
- Sunburns, Tanning Beds: Young Adults at Risk
- FDA Seeks Less Radiation for Kids Getting X-Rays, CT Scans
- About 20% of White Women Smoke While Pregnant
- Friends' Parents Can Sway Teens' Odds for Drinking, Smoking
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Chronic Ear Infections
- Health Tip: Make Sure Your Child's Bike is the Right Size
- Study: Kids Who Sleep in Parents' Bed Less Likely to Be Overweight
- In Mom's Eyes, Overweight Toddler May Not Be
- Lots of TV May Harm Kids' Diet
- Preventing Skin Cancer in Youths: Appeal to Vanity
- Prenatal Smoking Linked to High-Functioning Autism in Kids
- Attitude May Be Key to Overweight Girls' Risk of Depression
- Swaddling Infants Too Tightly May Cause Hip Problems
- Health Tip: When Baby Has a Fever
- Study: More Pre-Teens Get Vaccines When Middle Schools Require Them
- HIV Drug Tenofovir Safe During Pregnancy, Study Suggests
- A Heart Disease Veteran at Just Age 12
- Today's Kids May Be Destined for Adult Heart Disease
- Overly Long Pregnancies Linked to Behavioral Problems in Toddlers
- Arthritis in Children Linked to Infections
- The Worst Cities in the U.S. for Asthma
- Having Kids Doesn't Inspire Adults to Eat Healthier: Study
- Health Tip: Taking the Kids for a Shopping Cart Ride
- One Baby per Hour Born Drug Dependent
- Prenatal Pesticide Exposure May Harm Kids' Brains
- Type 2 Diabetes in Kids a Challenge to Control
- Animals More Interesting to Kids Than Toys, Study Shows
- Parents' Poor Math Skills May Equal Medication Errors
- Black Kids Less Apt to Get Meds for Stomach Pain in ER: Study
- Health Tip: Installing a Playground at Home
- College Kids Often Use Cell Phones While Driving: Study
- Kids' Kidney Transplant Rules May Have Shrunk 'Race Gap'
- Some Schools Don't Let Kids Carry Asthma Inhalers
- New Techniques May Improve Infant Heart Surgery
- Battling the Bullying of an Autistic Child
- Impulsive Tots at Risk for Gambling Problems Later: Study
- Many First-Graders Shun Overweight, Obese Kids
- Texting May Help More Kids Get Flu Shots
- Survey: 1 in 3 Kids Hurt Playing Sports
- Cyberbullying May Call for New Prevention Tactics
- Could the Childhood Obesity 'Epidemic' Be Ebbing?
- Kids Exposed to Bullying and Violence May Age Faster
- Bedwetting Misunderstood but Often Treatable
- Half-Siblings of Those With Autism at Raised Risk for Disorder: Study
- Health Tip: When Your Child is Stressed
- 'Catastrophic' Head Injuries to High School Football Players Rising
- Background TV May Harm Young Kids' Development
- Video Game May Help Treat Teen Depression
- U.S. Measles Cases, Outbreaks Quadruple in 2011
- Health Tip: Touch, Sing and Play With Baby
- Depressed Moms Disrupt Baby's Sleep
- Health Highlights: April 13, 2012
- Even Young Teens Show Signs of Sun Damage
- Is Your Child Playing the 'Choking Game'?
- Even Toddlers Succumb to Peer Pressure, Study Says
- Head, Body Lice Are Genetically Very Similar
- Vitamin D Doesn't Help Kids Do Better in School, Study Finds
- Parents of Kids With Cancer No More Likely to Break Up
- Online Tool Could Diagnose Autism Quickly, Developers Say
- Codeine After Surgery Could Endanger Certain Kids: Study
- Emotional Trauma May Hurt Toddlers' Later Learning
- Study Suggests Treating Dyslexia Before Kids Learn to Read
- Texting in College Classrooms Common, Distracting
- Parents of Children With Cancer Wary of Online Health Information
- Sex Ed Becoming Less Prevalent in Grades 6-12
- Health Tip: Stop Toddler Tantrums Before They Start
- Many Preschoolers Not Getting Enough Outdoor Play
- Two-Thirds of Kids With Autism Have Been Bullied: Study
- Secondhand Smoke Affects Young Girls More Than Boys: Study
- Health Tip: Selecting a Childcare Provider
- Certain Children With Autism Show More Improvement Than Others
- Smelly Urine a Red Flag for Kids' UTI
- High Out-of-Pocket Costs for Kids' Asthma Drugs Could Pose Dangers
- ADHD Diagnosis Rates Rose Sharply in Past Decade
- Caring Teachers May Help Keep Kids From Trying Alcohol, Drugs
- Health Tip: Watch for Choking Hazards
- Safe Sleep Can Prevent SIDS Deaths
- Common Respiratory Virus Affecting Many Young Children
- Vacationing With a Wanderer Demands Planning
- Medication Leading Cause of Child Poisoning in U.S.
- Schools Can Say No to 'Pink Slime' Ground Beef
- Keep Youth Baseball Players Safe on the Field
- Health Tip: Encourage Your Kids to Choose Healthy Snacks
- Fetal Exposure to Cellphone Radiation Tied to ADHD-Like Symptoms in Mice
- Stressed Parents May Affect Preemie Behavior Later
- Health Tip: Make 'Tummy Time' Fun
- Health Tip: Bringing Home a Premature Baby
- Many Women Say No to Breast-Feeding for 6 Months: Survey
- Gene Discovery Gives Clues to a Childhood Cancer
- Exercise Might Boost Kids' Academic Ability
- Farm Hazards a Serious Threat to Kids, Study Finds
- EKG Testing May Spot Fatal Heart Conditions in Children
- Survey Shows People Have Little Time for Healthy Habits
- Bullied Over Food Allergies
- Health Tip: Caring for Baby After Circumcision
- Child Injured on Stairs Every 6 Minutes
- Kids Who Bully May Be More Likely to Smoke, Drink
- Mother's Voice May Help Premature Babies Breathe Easier
- Self-Centered Kids May Just Have Immature Brains
- Kids' Penicillin Allergy May Not Signal Other Drug Reactions
- Genes Play a Role in Drug Abuse Risk Among Adopted Kids: Study
- Late Preemie Birth May Be Linked to Higher Asthma Risk
- Children With Asthma at Higher Risk for Shingles: Study
- Kids' Concussion Symptoms Can Last a Year, Study Says
- Is Immaturity Being Mistaken for ADHD?
- Timing of Preemie Birth May Be Key to Kids' Health Later
- Young Puzzle-Solvers May Be Tomorrow's Engineers
- Bullying May Raise Risk of Suicidal Thoughts: Study
- Kids' Snoring Linked to Behavioral Problems
- Health Tip: Help Your Child Develop a Healthy Approach to Eating
- Efforts to Improve Research on Kids' Drugs Paying Off: Report
- Preschool Kids Best Prepared for Kindergarten: Study
- Dad's Depression May Rub Off on Child's Behavior
- Parents Often Right to Bring Kids With Fever to the ER: Study
- CDC Report: Kids Still Eat Too Much Added Sugar
- Gene Might Be a Culprit in Sudden Infant Death for Boys
- Kids From Poorer Families Drink Too Much Juice: Poll
- Children Now Eligible for Screening Test for Bacterium
- Video Games, Impulsivity Seem to Go Hand-in-Hand
- Health Tip: Fruit Juices and Kids
- As Youth Baseball Season Nears, Experts Urge Injury Prevention
- Active Video Games May Not Get Kids More Active
- Home-Visit Program May Improve Child's Asthma
- Meds for Autism Not Well Understood: Study
- Overly Strict, Controlling Parents Risk Raising Delinquent Kids
- Health Highlights: Feb. 22, 2012
- New Guidelines Seek to Prevent Sudden Death in Young Athletes
- Autism Diagnosis Often Occurs Later for Black Children
- Some Kids' Surgery Should Include Staph Screening: Study
- Health Tip: When a Child Resists Going to Bed
- Health Tip: Practice Window Safety
- Health Tip: Add Some Panache to Packed Lunches
- Don't Forget Your Kids on Valentine's Day
- Bullying a Strong Risk Factor for Suicide in Gay Youth: Study
- Brain Development Harmed in Mistreated Kids
- HIV Severity, Treatment Unrelated to Kids' Mental Woes: Study
- Kindergartners Who Can Pay Attention May Reap Benefits Later
- Best Friend Benefits Child's Mind, Body, Study Finds
- Concerns Over Kids' Shut-Eye an Age-Old Problem
- Treating Sleep Apnea in Kids Improves Behavior, Quality of Life
- Moving Homes Often in Childhood Might Affect Long-Term Health
- Quality Day Care Predicts Later Parental Involvement in School
- FDA Approves No-Comb Treatment for Head Lice
- Spanking Produces Troubled Kids, Study Contends
- Letting Baby Eat Finger Foods May Spur Healthier Weight
- Kids Who Feel Left Out Are Less Active
- School Vending Machines Still Offer Too Many Sugary Snacks
- Dealing With Head Lice
- Pet Turtles Carry Salmonella Dangers, CDC Warns
- Stroke Can Impact a Child's Language, Hand-Eye Coordination
- Anesthesia in Early Childhood May Be Linked to ADHD
- Sense of Humor Starts Early in Children
- IV Acetaminophen Linked to More Child Overdoses
- Children in Carpools Often Go Without Booster Seats
- Study Links Cadmium Exposure to Learning Disabilities in Kids
- Environmental Chemicals May Thwart Kids' Vaccines
- Childhood Head Injuries Can Improve Over Time
- Dyslexia's Brain Changes May Occur Before Kids Learn to Read
- Hungry Families Admit to 'Formula Stretching'
- Exercise Boosts Kids' Academic Performance
- Study: Preschools Forgo Free Play for Safety, Academics
- Infant Acetaminophen Dosage Change May Cause Confusion
- Very Early Experiences May Stick in Memory
- Infant Formula Investigated in Baby Death
- Accidental Drug Overdoses on the Rise Among Kids
- Low Vitamin D May Raise Diabetes Risk in Kids
- Kids of All Weights Benefit From Car Seats
- Arsenic in Apple, Grape Juice
- Chickenpox Vaccination of Children Helps Protect Infants, Too
- Consumer Group: Dangerous Toys Are on Store Shelves
- Young Chimps Play Much Like Children Do
- Sweets Ban at School Parties May Cut Calorie Overload
- College Students Still Vulnerable to Bullying
- U.S. Sets New Goals for a Healthier Nation
- Study: Too Much Sugar in Drinks Marketed to Kids
- Studies: Vision Problems in Preschoolers Are Common
- Are Too Many Babies Getting Acid Reflux Drugs?
- Survey Finds Hindrances to Hand Washing in Schools
- Fast-Paced Cartoons May Hurt Kids' Attention, Memory
- Childhood Obesity, Drug Abuse Top Concerns for Kids
- Flame Retardants, Chemicals Found in Child Car Seats
- Gene Therapy May Help Muscular Dystrophy Patients
- Infants Use Pure Reasoning to Make Sense of the World
- Kids May Get Pain From Playing Handheld Games
- When Do Kids Form Their First Memories?
- Bullies and Bullied Frequently See School Nurse
- Extreme Obesity Linked to Dangerous Behaviors in Teens
- CDC: Kids Lack Access to Healthy Food Choices
- FDA OKs Meningitis Vaccine for Infants
- Most Parents Confident About Vaccine Safety
- High Levels of Flame Retardants in U.S. Kids
- Epileptic Kids Have More Psychiatric Symptoms
- New Guidelines for Children's Car Seats
- Antipsychotics in Pregnancy Risky for Newborns
- Despite Warning, Babies Still Get Cough Medicine
- Iowa, Mass. Lead U.S. in Children's Health Care
- Is Alternative Medicine Risky for Kids?
- Ear Infections: Antibiotics Often Not Needed
- Basketball Injuries Land Many Kids in ER
- Sledding Accidents Land Thousands of Kids in ER
- Fewer Kids Injured by Cleaning Products
- Swine Flu Pandemic Hit Children the Hardest
- Gulf Oil Spill's Toll on Nation's Beaches
- Too Much TV Puts Tots at Risk
- Many Car Seat Injuries Occur Outside the Car
- Best Children's Hospitals Ranked
- FDA: Manufacturing Problems Led to Tylenol Recall
- Recall of Kids' Tylenol, Motrin, Zyrtec, Benadryl
- Day Care Dilemma: When to Send Sick Kids Home
- Holidays Can Hurt Kids
- Talking Early to Babies Helps the Brain
- Rules Kids Need to Break
- What Motivates Kids Who Are Bullies?
- Kids Not Only Obese, They're Extremely Obese
- FDA Expands Ban on Tobacco Sales, Ads for Kids
- Graco Recalls More Than 1 Million High Chairs
- Lead Risk Lurks in Spice Rack
- Infant Deaths Spur Baby Sling Warning
- Group Aims to Reduce Child Choking Deaths
- Movies Butter Up to Kids Via Junk Food
- Pregnancy: 17 Things to Buy for Your Newborn
- Alcohol and Nutrition
- Childhood Biting
- Growth Charts
- Tween: Child Development
- Vegetarian and Vegan Diet
- Temper Tantrums
- Young Children: Child Development
- Potty Training
- Infants: Child Development
- Toddlers: Child Development
- Toddler Food Guidelines
- Preschoolers: Child Development
- Depression in Children
- Beach & Water - Play it Safely!
- What Is the Alternative Vaccine Schedule?
- 7 Secrets of Toddler Discipline
- Parents, Get Your Bed Back
- Pool Safety: Tips for a Safe Summer for Children
- Tackling Toddler Sleep Problems
- Cover Your Cough!
- Germs Germs Everywhere!
- Fireworks - How to Have a Safe Fourth
- Wii Exercise Games: Can You Really Get Fit?
- Nexium GERD Treatment for Infants and Children
- Hand Washing: Clean Hands Save Lives: Emergency Situations
- Early Screening for Autism Urged by Pediatricians
- Halloween Character Case Files
- What to Do if the Kids Catch You in the Act
- Asthma/Allergy Childcare Setting Quiz
- Produce and Fresh-Squeezed Fruit and Vegetable Juices: Food Safety Tips
- Paper Shredder Safety
- Holiday: Surviving the Holidays
- Immunization: National Immunization Awareness Month
- Body Image and Your Kids: Your Body Image Plays a Role in Theirs
- Tylenol: Children's TYLENOL® Meltaways and SoftChews Recalled
- 13 Weight-Loss Tips for Kids
- Sex: Talking to Your Kids About Sex
- Parenting: Is Your Family Out of Control?
- How Families Can Help Children Cope with Fear and Anxiety
- New Healthcare for Teens
- Schizophrenia: Childhood-Onset Schizophrenia
- Skateboarding Safety
- Body Mass Index (BMI) for Children and Teens
- Research on Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Safe Toys, Gifts & Tips - For The Holidays
- Littlest Babies Damaged by Infection
- Paintball Guns & Other Air Guns are Lethal Weapons
- Flu Vaccine Shortage Alert
- Spring-Fall Flu Shots Tested for Kids
- Air Pollution Stunts Kids Lungs
- Childproofing Your Home- 12 Safety Devices To Protect Your Children
- FDA-Approved Device Was Contaminated
- Children's Mental Health Facts
- Tips: Searching for Credible Health Information in the Internet
- Herbal Tea Toxic Alert (Star Anise)
- Cancers: Leading Cancers in Women, Men, & Children
- Vaccinations for Children: A Must Read
- Junk Food vs. Healthy Nutrition For Children
- Many Newborns Not Getting Vital Tests
- Five Steps to Understand and Get Help for ADHD
- Children's Motrin Recall Alert
- Eating Healthy, Activity, and Kids
- Kid's Menus, What's to Eat?
- Safety: Happy Holidays...Safe Toy Alert
- Kids on Antidepressants Suicide Alert
- Diet Guidelines: 0-12 Months
- Diet Guidelines: 12-18 Months Of Age
- Diet Guidelines: 4 - 9 Years Of Age
- Nutrients For Growing Children
- Nutrition: How To Help The Overweight Child
- Nutrition: Vegetarian Diets For Children & Teens
- Nutritional Needs Of Infants
- Prevent Pool Electrocution
- Depression in Young and Teenage Boys
- Swimmer's Itch
- Child Safety: Proper Seat Use Chart (Automobiles)
- Child Safety: One Minute Safety Seat Checklist
- Talking with Children About the Terrorist Attacks
- Child Care Provider Checklist
- Physical Activity For Children
- Choosing Babysitters and Childcare
- Buy the Right Bike for Your Child!
- Kidney Failure In Young Children
- Child Passenger Safety - Know The Facts!
- Children's Medicine - Get it Right!
- Toilets & Toddlers Danger
- Hearing Loss In Children - Not Paying Attention
- Window Guards & Stops - Keep Children Safe
- Household Items - A Danger To Young Children
- Tips On Choosing A Sport For Your Child
- Diet Guidelines For Children & Teens
- Diet Guidelines 10 - 15 Years
- Diet Guidelines: 18 Months - 3 Years