Childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia is the most common type of cancer in children. Symptoms and signs include fever, easy bruising, bone or joint pain, weakness, loss of appetite, and painless lumps in the neck, underarm, stomach, or groin. Treatment depends upon staging and may include chemotherapy, radiation, or stem cell transplant. Read more: Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Leukemia Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
What do you know about leukemia? Did you know there are different types? What are the symptoms? Take the Leukemia Quiz and test...
Cancer: Guide to Leukemia
Learn about the common types and stages of leukemia, who gets it, symptoms, tests, treatments, and more. People with blood cancer...
Related Disease Conditions
Leukemia is a type of cancer of the blood cells in which the growth and development of the blood cells are abnormal. Strictly...
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...
Anemia is the condition of having less than the normal number of red blood cells or less than the normal quantity of hemoglobin...
Blood clots can occur in the venous and arterial vascular system. Blood clots can form in the heart, legs, arteries, veins,...
Cancers that form from brain tissue are called primary brain tumors. Brain tumors may be malignant (brain cancer) or benign....
Stem cells are referred to as undifferentiated cells because they have not yet committed to a developmental path to form specific...
Tumor grade is a system used to classify cancer cells in how likely the tumor is to grow and how abnormal they look under a...
Local ResourcesFind a local Oncologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Loss of Appetite
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- Cancer Research: Going the Distance
- Cancer: The Importance of Joining a Cancer Support Group with Selma Schimmel
- Cancer Survival and Attitude with Hamilton Jordan
- Cancers: Children's Cancers
- Cancer: Childhood Cancer Survivors
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Another Genetic Error Linked to Childhood Leukemia
- Breast-feeding May Lower Risk of Childhood Leukemia: Study
- Hospital Admission Day Tied to Outcomes for Children With Leukemia
- Many Childhood Leukemia Survivors Aren't Taking 'Maintenance' Meds: Study
- Immune Therapy Shows Early Promise for Advanced Leukemia
- Gene Mutations Appear Key to Childhood Leukemia Risk, Study Says
- Synribo Approved to Treat Rare Leukemia
- Marqibo Approved for Rare Leukemia
- 'Uncertainty' Remains Over Supply of Key Cancer Drugs
- Leukemia Deadlier for Teens, Young Adults Than Younger Kids: Study
- Study Shows New Option for Kids With Tough-to-Treat Leukemia
- FDA Thinks Shortage of Cancer Drug for Kids Can Be Averted