- What other names is Chelated Minerals known by?
- What is Chelated Minerals?
- How does Chelated Minerals work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Chelated Minerals.
Chelated minerals are used for supporting normal growth, stabilizing bipolar disorder, building strong muscles and bones, and improving immune system function and overall health. Promoters sometimes market chelated minerals as dietary supplements that are superior to other mineral supplements, claiming chelated minerals are used more easily by the body (more bioavailable) than non-chelated minerals. But there is no evidence to support this claim. In fact, there is very little scientific information about chelated minerals.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Bipolar disorder. There is some early evidence suggesting that some cases of bipolar disorder may be stabilized with a chelated mineral supplement. A research study that meets generally accepted scientific standards is currently underway in adults with bipolar disorder.
- Use as a dietary mineral supplement.
- Improving immune system function.
- Building strong muscles and bones.
- Other conditions.
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of chelated minerals during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.