The Cervista HPV test (human papillomavirus infection test in women) is a screening test used with other tests such as Pap smear and colposcopy for screening the two HPV types most likely to cause cancer, and to identify all "high-risk" HPV types. Cervista HPV test is not recommended for routine screening or for women under the age of 30. Read more: HPV Test Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Viral Infection Types, Treatment, and Prevention
Watch this slideshow on Viral Infections and learn about types, treatment, and prevention of illnesses caused by viruses....
Picture of Genital Warts (HPV)
A wart in the moist skin of the genitals or around the anus. See a picture of Genital Warts (HPV) and learn more about the health...
Related Disease Conditions
STDs in Men
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are infections transmitted during sexual contact. They may be caused by viruses, bacteria,...
Cervical cancer is cancer of the entrance to the womb (uterus). Regular pelvic exams and Pap testing can detect precancerous...
Though uterine cancer's cause is unknown, there are many factors that will put a woman at risk, including being over age 50,...
Genital Warts in Women (HPV)
Genital warts is an infection caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). It is the most common sexually transmitted infection...
Sexually Transmitted Diseases in Women (STD)
Sexually transmitted diseases, or STDs, are infections that are transmitted during any type of sexual exposure, including...
HPV (Human Papillomavirus Infection)
HPVs or human papillomaviruses are a group of viral infections of the skin and mucous membranes. Certain high-risk types of HPV...
Cervical dysplasia is a condition in which the cells of the inner lining of the cervix have precancerous changes. There are two...
Anal cancer, cancer located at the end of the large intestine, has symptoms that include anal or rectal bleeding, anal pain or...
Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Pregnancy (STDs)
When you are pregnant, many sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) can be especially harmful to you and your baby. These STDs...
Local ResourcesFind a local Doctor in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Prevention & Wellness
- HPV Test Alone OK for Cervical Cancer Screening Over 30: Expert Panel
- Screening, HPV Vaccine Can Prevent Cervical Cancer: FDA
- Are Fewer Cervical Cancer Screenings Needed After HPV Vaccine?
- 1st HPV Test for Use With Preservative Fluid
- HPV Vaccine Rates Highest in Poor and Hispanic Communities: Study
- Too Few Boys Get HPV Vaccine, CDC Study Finds
- College Kids Don't Understand the HPV Threat
- HPV Vaccination Does Not Appear to Boost Risky Teen Sex, Study Shows
- Advisers Endorse HPV Test for Cervical Cancer Checks
- HPV Vaccination Rates Lowest in States With Highest Cervical Cancer Rates: Study
- Urine Test for HPV Works Well, Analysis Finds
- HPV Test Beats Pap Smear in Gauging Cervical Cancer Risk, Study Finds
- FDA Approves HPV Test as Initial Screen for Cervical Cancer
- Could the HPV Test Replace the Pap Test?
- Many Young Americans Know Little About Cervical Cancer Vaccine
- Poor Oral Hygiene Tied to Cancer-Linked Virus, Study Finds
- HPV Vaccine Might Shield Women Against Throat Cancer: Study
- Michael Douglas Blames His Throat Cancer on Oral Sex
- Girls May Need Fewer Gardasil Shots, Study Suggests
- Parents' Worries About HPV Vaccine on the Rise: Study
- Less Frequent Pap Tests Safe for Most Women, Ob/Gyn Group Says
- Health Reform: No-Cost Contraception Starts Today
- HPV Test Beats Pap Long-Term: Study
- 40 Years On, the Triumphs and Challenges of America's 'War on Cancer'
- HPV Test Beats Pap Test for Cervical Cancer Screening
- Home-Based Test Can Detect Cervical Cancer Virus: Study
- Many Doctors Ignore Guidelines, Order Annual Pap Test
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter