Patient Comments: Cervical Cancer - Share Your Experience

Did you have cervical cancer or a precancerous cervical condition? Please share your experience. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: shelly, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 18

I currently have cervical cancer, I am receiving chemotherapy treatments. I found out last February 5th that I had this condition. I have periods where I don't eat, don't sleep, get diarrhea, constipation, lower back and lower hip pain. Ladies, please when you get diagnosed, make sure you know the facts about your treatment options, and make sure your doctors involve you in every step of your care. I want a hysterectomy, but keep getting told I can't have one because of too much scar tissue. But I know that other people with more advanced stages of cervical cancer have had this procedure and are now cancer free. Please don't let your doctors tell you, you can't have something that you think will work. No one should suffer the way I do today because they won't do the procedure.

Comment from: scaredk, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 29

I first had precancerous cells 7 years ago. I had a colposcopy and they were able to get all of it removed. I am now diagnosed again with precancerous cells. I have bleeding every other week like if I had my period every other week. It hurts when I have sex, worst in certain positions. I have brown discharge as well in between periods. Ladies, don't ignore the symptoms, you know your body, if you feel something is wrong, check with a doctor.

Comment from: Nat, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 04

I have had pap smears once a year since I was 18. When I was 25, the results came back and I had irregular cells. They did a biopsy and found precancerous cells. I had a surgery to remove a small part of my cervix and I get to see my doctor twice a year now. He told me that I'll need a hysterectomy either after I have children or at 35. I am 28 at the moment and wouldn't mind having the hysterectomy right away if it means I never get cervical cancer.

Comment from: michelle, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

I am a little bit worried, I had pre-cancerous cervical cells removed and sent for biopsy. I am still waiting for results but my doctor has asked me to go for a blood test. I am feeling anxious and worried.

Comment from: ryan, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 04

My sister had a cervical cancer that spread over her stomach, the doctor said she is in stage 4. In 2 days now she will soon be treated with chemotherapy. I am now searching for good food for her.

Comment from: danae, Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I had precancerous cells which were frozen that left scar tissue. Years later when I was giving birth, my cervix was sealed and I had trouble pushing and needed surgery to open my cervix before giving birth naturally. My daughter had her 9th year birthday today, whew!

Cervical Cancer Slideshow Pictures