Patient Comments: Cardiac Catheterization - Cause

What caused you to get your cardiac catheterization? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Mr Redneck, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 22

The rash started out as a little discolored like small blotches on the side of my neck and spread down my arm. An old doctor gave me some kind of clear liquid, first I had to take a cotton swab with vinegar on it to open the pores and then a cotton swab with this solution on it, put it on once a day for 3 days. I did and it worked, that was way back in 1964. I would get this every so often and then not for 10 or more years, got it again last year and only have a little bit left of that liquid the old doctor gave. That doctor passed so I surely would like to know if someone knew what this is that he gave me.

Comment from: Toni, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 05

About 5 or 6 years ago I had a triple bypass done. Since then I have had some chest pains, nothing too serious. Well two weeks ago I had chest pains, used my nitro spray. I had told my cardiologist and at first he was going to set up an appointment to have a nuclear scan done. Where I had to go was all booked up, so he is having me go through a cardiac catheter done this Thursday morning.

Comment from: Bill, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 30

I had a cardiac catheterization because I had a severe chest pain and a back pain that ran to both arms. The doctor removed a blockaged close to the heart.

Comment from: Faith Ruppel, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 12

It is my mom, she is having inability to breath normally after beginning to walk. After having an echocardiogram they realized that something appears to be blocking an artery...she had a triple bypass over a year ago where three arteries were opened up (2 successfully and 1 not as successful we were told).

Comment from: pge1975, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

I got my cardiac catheterization since I've been having chest pains and difficulty breathing for a while and had a nuclear treadmill stress test performed that came up abnormal.

Published: March 23

Discovery of a congenital heart defect. Needed the cardiac catheterization to map out all issues.

Comment from: heartache, 55-64 Female Published: March 01

I have had a few episodes of chest pain on the right side. I am a 58 year old female. I have a bad family history of heart disease, and I also have MCTD.

Comment from: Betty, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I had a stress test and it was abnormal because of my age and health my doctor thought it would be wise to have it done.

View the Heart Disease Slideshow