Cancer pain results from the tumor pressing on nerves or invading bones or organs. Cancer treatments like chemotherapy, radiation, or surgery can also cause pain. Over-the-counter pain relievers, prescription medications, radiation, biofeedback, and relaxation techniques are just some treatments for cancer pain. Read more: Cancer Pain Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Ovarian Cancer Symptoms, Signs, Stages
Learn about ovarian cancer symptoms, diagnosis, and treatments. Follow the progression of ovarian cancer stages from stage 1 to...
Understanding Cancer: Metastasis, Stages of Cancer, and More
Learn the basics about cancer including types, causes, how it spreads, symptoms and signs, stages and treatment options. Read...
Prostate Cancer Symptoms, PSA Test, Treatments
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men. Learn the signs and symptoms of prostate cancer, along with causes and...
Signs of Cancer in Women: Symptoms You Can't Ignore
Cancer symptoms can surprise women if they don't know what to watch out for. 15 cancer symptoms women ignore such as weight loss,...
Cervical Cancer Symptoms, Stages, and Treatment
Cervical cancer is commonly caused by human papillomavirus (HPV) infections. Learn about vaccines to prevent cervical cancer. Get...
Nerve Pain: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment Options
Learn about nerve pain symptoms, causes, and treatment options. Discover medications, treatments, and natural remedies that can...
Signs of Cancer in Men: Could it Be Cancer?
See pictures of which 15 cancer symptoms men ignore such as skin changes, difficulty swallowing, rapid weight loss, a breast...
Related Disease Conditions
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men after skin cancer. Risk factors include age, family history, ethnicity, and...
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...
Multiple myeloma is a form of cancer that develops in plasma cells, the white blood cells that make antibodies. Symptoms include...
Cervical Cancer (Cancer of the Cervix)
Cervical cancer is cancer of the entrance to the womb (uterus). Regular pelvic exams and Pap testing can detect precancerous...
Breast cancer is an invasive tumor that develops in the mammary gland. Breast cancer is detected via mammograms, breast...
Bone cancer is a rare type of cancer that occurs in cells that make up the bones. Primary bone cancer that arises in bone cells...
Brain Tumor (Symptoms, Signs, Types, Causes, Survival Rates)
A brain tumor can be either non-cancerous (benign) or cancerous (malignant), primary, or secondary. Common symptoms of a primary...
There are many types of ovarian cancer, epithelial carcinoma is the most common. Women with a family history of ovarian cancer...
Second Source article from Government...
Pain management and treatment can be simple or complex, according to its cause. There are two basic types of pain, nociceptive...
Signs and symptoms of penile cancer include a lump on the penis and redness, irritation, or a sore on the penis. Risk of penis...
Anal cancer, cancer located at the end of the large intestine, has symptoms that include anal or rectal bleeding, anal pain or...
Urethral cancer is a rare form of cancer that primarily affects white females, people over 60 years of age, and those who have...
Thymoma is an uncommon cancer of the thymus gland. Many thymomas are asymptomatic. When symptoms do occur, they include chest...
Hodgkin's and Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: Differences and Similarities
Both Hodgkin's disease (sometimes referred to as Hodgkin's lymphoma) and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma are cancers that originate in a...
Tumor grade is a system used to classify cancer cells in how likely the tumor is to grow and how abnormal they look under a...
There are several types of kidney cancer, including renal cell cancer (renal adenocarcinoma or hypernephroma), transitional cell...
Treatment for bladder cancer depends on the stage of the disease, the grade of the tumor, and the type of bladder cancer. Options...
Male Breast Cancer
Male breast cancer accounts for 1% of all breast cancers, and most cases are found in men between the ages of 60 and 70. A man's...
Hodgkin's disease is a cancer of the lymphatic system with symptoms that include unexplained, recurring fevers, unexplained...
Neuroblastoma is a type of cancer that usually afflicts children under 5 years of age. The cancer forms in the adrenal glands,...
Breast Cancer Prevention
Lifestyle changes, a healthy antioxidant-rich diet, exercise, and weight reduction can help reduce a woman's risk of developing...
Gallbladder cancer is a rare form of cancer with symptoms that include jaundice, abdominal pain, fever, nausea and vomiting,...
Most often, caregivers take care of other adults who are ill or disabled. Less often, caregivers are grandparents raising their...
Local ResourcesFind a local Oncologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
- prednisone (Prednisone Intensol, Rayos) Corticosteroid
- gabapentin (Neurontin)
- naproxen (Aleve, Anaprox, Naprelan, Naprosyn)
- ibuprofen (Advil, Children's Advil/Motrin, Medipren, Motrin, Nuprin, PediaCare Fever, and others)
- Pain Medications (Narcotics)
- codeine (for Pain)
- Oxycodone vs. Tramadol for Pain
- Hydrocodone vs. Hydromorphone (Differences between Side Effects)
- Dilaudid vs. Percocet for Pain
- Oxycodone vs. Hydrocodone
- clonidine (Catapres, Catapres-TTS)
- Oxycodone for Pain (OxyContin, Roxicodone, Oxecta, Oxaydo, Xtampza ER, Roxybond)
- ondansetron (Zofran, Zofran ODT, Zuplenz)
- Dilaudid vs. Fentanyl (Pain Strength Comparison and Side Effects)
- Oxycodone vs. Vicodin (hydrocodone/acetaminophen) for Pain
- Percocet (oxycodone and acetaminophen, Roxicet, Tylox, Oxycet)
- hydromorphone (Dilaudid)
- Percocet vs. Lortab for Pain
- nortriptyline, Pamelor, Aventyl - has been discontinued in the U.S.
- fentanyl patch (Duragesic)
- carbamazepine, Tegretol, Tegretol XR , Equetro, Carbatrol, Epitol, Teril
- cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan)
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale, Blowball, Lion's Teeth)
- Benzodiazepines vs. Narcotics (Opioids)
- hydrocodone (Zohydro ER)
- fentanyl tablet - buccal, Fentora
- meperidine - injection, Demerol
- granisetron transdermal system (patch), Sancuso
- alemtuzumab (Campath)
- fentanyl lozenge - buccal, Actiq
- sonidegib (Odomzo)
Prevention & Wellness
- One Key Step Can Help Cancer Patients Quit Smoking
- Why Do More and More Americans Use Medical Marijuana?
- 'Mindfulness' Might Help Some Conquer Chronic Pain
- Even a Little Exercise May Help Cancer Patients Live Longer
- Health Tip: Nurture Your Emotional Health as a Cancer Patient
- Testicular Cancer a Bigger Threat to Young Men
- Chemo 'Cocktail' Embraced as Pancreatic Cancer Breakthrough
- Many Mistakenly Believe Alternative Therapies Can Cure Cancer
- Common Drug Shows Promise Against Lymphedema
- Therapy Dogs Can Spread MRSA, But Antibacterials Help Prevent the Danger
- New Treatment Approved for Common Skin Cancer
- Therapeutic Vaccine Shows Promise Against a Range of Cancers
- Doctors Use Bacteria as Weapon Against Cancer
- Nobel Prize Goes to Cancer Immunotherapy Pioneers
- 5 Facts Every Woman Should Know About Ovarian Cancer
- Chronic Pain May Drive Some to Suicide
- Many Who Battle Cancer Stay Strong Mentally
- Health Tip: Talking About Your Cancer Diagnosis
- Drug Combo Fights Melanoma That Has Spread to Brain
- Tibsovo Approved for Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Cancer Survival Drops With Complementary Therapy: Study
- Flight Attendants Show Higher Cancer Risks
- Men May Gain More From Cancer Immunotherapy
- What Causes Cancer? Misconceptions Abound
- Cancer Docs: We Need More Research on Medical Marijuana
- New Drugs May Be Big Advance in Lung Cancer Care
- A Light Breakfast Might Cut Cost of Pricey Prostate Cancer Drug
- Researchers Making Inroads Against Ovarian Cancer
- Task Force Issues Stronger Skin Cancer Prevention Guidelines
- Study Confirms Lifesaving Value of Colonoscopy
- Judge To Review Claims That Roundup a Cancer Risk
- Health Tip: Surviving Cancer Mentally
- Reaching Beyond the Prescription Pad to Treat Pain
- New Guidelines Issued for Cancer Patients' Post-Treatment Pain
- Tighter Opioid Laws in U.S. Haven't Eased Misuse
- Prince Died From Fentanyl Overdose
- Opioids: What Patients -- and Doctors -- Think
- Prescriptions Continue for Most Who Survive Painkiller ODs: Study
- Methadone for Pain Relief Leading Cause of Fatal Overdoses: CDC
- Could Sunlight Lower Your Odds for Pancreatic Cancer?
- Esophageal Cancer Surgery Can Leave Lingering Health Problems, Study Says
- FDA Panel Recommends Second Chance for New Class of Painkillers
- Health Highlights: Jan. 24, 2012
- Health Highlights: Jan. 23, 2012
- Common Prostate Cancer Treatment May Be Less Risky Than Thought
- Combination Therapy Needed to Fight Chronic Pain
- Smoking May Worsen Cancer Pain
- Exercise Recommended for Cancer Patients
- Pain Relievers May Reduce Cancer Risk