Yes. Like any other cancer, prostate cancer is a potential killer. However, this is true of the metastasized prostate cancer that has remained undiagnosed for a long time. The disease is vastly curable when diagnosed early. Read more: Can Prostate Cancer Kill You? Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Signs of Prostate Cancer: Symptoms, PSA Test, Treatments
What is prostate cancer? Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men. Learn the signs and symptoms of prostate cancer, along...
Prostate Cancer Quiz
Is prostate cancer the most common cancer in men? Take this prostate cancer quiz to find out and learn the causes, symptoms, and...
IMAGESBrowse through our medical image collection to see illustrations of human anatomy and physiology See Images
Related Disease Conditions
How Does Prostate Cancer Kill You in the End?
Prostate cancer is cancer of the prostate gland in men. Death from prostate cancer most often happens when cancer has spread (metastasized) to other organs in the body.
How Quickly Does Prostate Cancer Spread?
Prostate cancer is a cancer that develops in the prostate gland in men and it is one of the most common types of cancer. In some cases, it can take up to eight years to spread from the prostate to other parts of the body (metastasis), typically the bones. In other cases, it may be more aggressive.
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Prostate Cancer May Raise Risk for Blood Clots
- Obesity Raises a Man's Odds for Fatal Prostate Cancer
- Scientists Pinpoint Five Bacteria Linked to Aggressive Prostate Cancer
- As Use of PSA Test Fell, Rate of Advanced Prostate Cancers Rose
- Obese Men May Have Better Survival With Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Adding MRI to Screening Can Cut Prostate Cancer Overdiagnosis in Half
- James Michael Tyler, Who Played Gunther on 'Friends,' Has Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Live Near a 'Superfund' Site? Your Life Span Might Be Shorter