Yes, concealers can cover fine wrinkles. Wrinkles can be called laugh lines or crow’s feet depending on their location. Most women want to disguise them, and concealer is one such product that minimizes their appearance.
4 tips for using concealers
- Do not buy dry concealers because they tend to stick and do not blend easily into the skin. Rather, opt for a weightless concealer that provides moisture to the skin along with proper coverage of the wrinkles.
- Stay away from the temptation of applying concealer all over your face. You should only apply it to the area where it is required, such as wrinkles or darker areas. These areas most commonly include under the eyes, around the lips, or the nose.
- Before you start your makeup, cleanse your face with a good cleansing face wash, and then moisturize it. Follow with a primer, and then, start concealing the dark circles. Next, apply foundation all over your skin using a beauty blender to even your skin tone.
- The eye area is thin and delicate compared to other parts of your face. Hence, you need to be gentle while applying concealer there.
3 other ways to hide your wrinkles
- Use retinoids: Retinoids stimulate the skin to produce more collagen, which fights off wrinkles. Many over-the-counter products or prescription-strength retinoids have been well-studied for wrinkles and work effectively. Minimizing the appearance of wrinkles with retinoids can take anywhere from six weeks to three months. Make sure you apply sunscreen with a sun protection factor of at least 30 while you are using retinoids. Retinoid makes your screen more sensitive to sunlight. Moreover, applying sunscreen itself prevents the formation of wrinkles and other signs of premature aging.
- Make use of silicone primer: Before using foundation, applying a silicon-based primer can fill up the wrinkles.
- Use a light, moisture-rich foundation: Stay away from heavy, matte foundations because they can make your skin look older. Instead, look for a lightweight and sheer moisturizer, such as one containing hyaluronic acid.
12 ways to reduce premature wrinkles
Certain practices make your skin age sooner than it should. Switch to the following healthier practices:
- Protect your skin from the sun. When you venture out in the sun, make sure you provide enough protection to your skin by wearing full-sleeved tops, a wide-brimmed hat, and sunscreen lotion.
- Opt for a self-tanner instead of getting a tan. Getting tanned by using tanning beds or exposing the body to the sun during the peak hours of the day can accelerate the skin aging process. Go for a self-tanner instead to avoid premature wrinkles.
- Avoid repetitive facial expressions. Repetitive facial expressions, such as smiling, keep the related muscles in a contracted state frequently and can result in wrinkling of that area sooner than it normally does.
- Eat a healthy, nutritious diet. If you find that you have been developing signs of premature aging, such as wrinkles, it is time for you to eat plenty of fruits and vegetables if your diet is falling low on these food groups. Sugary foods and drinks can accelerate the wrinkling process of the skin.
- Exercise most days of the week. Doing moderate exercises daily can improve circulation and give a youthful appearance to the skin.
- If you smoke, try quitting. Smoking not only hastens the process of aging but also makes your skin appear dull.
- Minimize alcohol drinking. Alcohol can dehydrate your skin and contribute to the formation of wrinkles.
- Cleanse your skin gently. Scrubbing your skin clean can irritate your skin and trigger the skin aging process. Instead, use a gentle body wash or face wash to gently remove dirt from your skin.
- Wash your face two times a day and after sweating heavily. Avoid washing your face frequently. However, wash at least two times a day and after you have sweated a lot, such as after exercising.
- Apply a facial moisturizer daily. Moisturizer traps moisture in your skin and reduces the chances of premature wrinkles.
- Stop using skincare products that sting or burn. When your skin burns or stings, it means your skin is irritated. Irritating your skin can make it look older.
- Modify your sleeping position. Sleeping on your stomach stretches your facial skin unnecessarily, causing facial distortions. This can accelerate the formation of premature wrinkles.
Latest Skin News
Daily Health News
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
American Academy of Dermatology. 11 ways to reduce premature skin aging. https://www.aad.org/public/everyday-care/skin-care-secrets/anti-aging/reduce-premature-aging-skin