Here are three ways to calculate the amount of protein your body needs daily. Read more: How Do You Calculate How Much Protein You Need a Day? Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Diet and Nutrition: Protein Sources That Aren’t Meat
Pack your pantry with these high-protein beans, seeds, nuts, and grains.
Diet and Nutrition: The Truth About Carbs
Carbohydrates are a common source of energy for our bodies. Find out what they do for you and the best ways to get them.
Diet and Nutrition: Foods With More Protein Than an Egg
You've probably heard that eggs are a great way to get protein. But lots of other foods, from chickpeas to hemp seeds, offer just...
Protein Quiz: Foods High in Protein
Protein is a staple in our diets, but what happens if we get too much? Take this quiz to find out the truth about protein and...
High Protein Diets: Good or Bad?
Can a high protein diet help you lose weight fast and help you feel full? High-protein diets are popular, but is there a down...
Diet for Stress Management: Carbs, Nuts, and Other Stress-Relief Foods
While there are many ways to cope with stress, one strategy is to eat stress-fighting foods. Find out which foods to eat as part...
Healthy Eating: Veggies That Pack in the Protein
When you think protein, you probably think meat, eggs, and maybe dairy. But veggies have plenty of protein, too. Find out more...
Diet and Nutrition: Cheap and Healthy Sources of Protein
You don't have to spend a bundle to stock up on protein-rich foods. Learn more about inexpensive and healthy ways to get your...
Related Disease Conditions
What Foods Help Burn Belly Fat?
To reduce abdominal fat, try lowering carbohydrates and increasing protein and fiber intake. Foods and ingredients that help burn belly fat include red fruits, oatmeal, plant protein, lean meat, leafy greens, fatty fish, apple cider vinegar, resveratrol, choline and others.
10 Foods High in Essential Amino Acids
What are essential amino acids? Learn the best foods for essential amino acids.
What Are the 5 Main Food Groups?
The key to eating well is to enjoy a variety of nutritious foods from each of the Five Food Groups.
Is Plant Protein Good or Bad for Kidneys?
Eating less meat and more vegetables has many health benefits. Plant protein may help lower your risk of kidney disease.
Is Plant Protein Better Than Meat Protein?
By choosing plant proteins rather than meat proteins, you can expect many health benefits like low cancer risk and low diabetes risk.
What Happens When You Eat Too Much Protein?
Our body uses protein to build the muscles and organs, deliver oxygen to the cells, and keep the immune system working. Most people should get at least 10-15% of their daily calories from protein.
What Is the Cheapest Healthiest Food?
What to eat and what to avoid are serious matters of concern for most of us. It is sometimes daunting to find food options that are healthy and fit our budget. Cheap foods are not necessarily unhealthy.
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Health Tip: Effects of Too Much Protein
- How Much Protein Do You Need for Weight Loss and Muscle Growth?
- Health Tip: Protein For Vegans
- High-Protein Snacks That Satisfy
- Protein Portions: Feeling Satisfied on Fewer Calories
- Can Protein Keep You Healthier Longer?
- Could a Natural Protein Help Fight Obesity?
- Here's How to Pack Protein Into Your Diet
- Health Tip: Fueling Your Body With Protein
- Protein Powerhouses
- Health Tip: Eat a Protein-Rich Breakfast
- Health Tip: Vegetarian Athletes Need Plenty of Protein
- Health Tip: Why Proteins Are Essential
- Health Tip: Get Protein From Veggies
- Health Tip: Choose Heart-Healthy Proteins
- Health Tip: Finding Protein in Foods
- How Many Types of Protein Powders Are There and Which Is the Best?
- How Can I Increase My Protein Intake Without Calories?
- High-Protein Low Carbs Diet for Weight Loss
- What Are the Best Sources of Plant Protein?
- Is Vegan Protein Powder Better Than Whey?
- What Are 9 Symptoms of Protein Deficiency?
- Are Protein Shakes Good for Weight Loss?
- What Foods Are High in Methionine (L-Methionine) and What Is It Good For?
- What Foods Are High in Protein?
- Which Protein Powder Is Most Effective?
- Are Vegan Protein Powders Good for You?
- How Do I Calculate How Much Protein I Need?
- What Are Protein Shakes and Drinks Good for, and Can You Drink Them Daily?
- What Can Vegans Eat for Protein?
- Are Protein Powders Good for You?
- What Are 10 Protein Sources?