Patient Comments: Calcific Bursitis - Treatment

What kinds of treatment did you undergo for calcific bursitis? What would you recommend? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: calc, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 19

I had calcific bursitis in both shoulders in my early thirties. I still have very mild symptoms, especially when sleeping on my left side. I greatly reduced pain through weight training, using tradition 'wall weights' used in boxing gyms. This seems to have strengthened shoulder and flushed calcium from joints.

Comment from: Sue hazel, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

I have calcific bursitis severely in both shoulders. I have had cortisone injections and hydrodilatation in both shoulders with little relief. I have had surgery on my left shoulder to remove the bursa and repair the torn tendon. Unfortunately, 6 months later the bursa was back, worse than before. Now the doctor has urged me to retry hydrodilatation to see if that may help. He does not want to repeat surgery as he believes it will reoccur again. I also have some calcific changes in my left hip.

Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis