Patient Comments: Calcific Bursitis - Experience

Where is/was your calcific bursitis located? Please describe your experience. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Vulcan, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: December 20

I just came back from the emergency room and was diagnosed with calcific bursitis on my right arm. The doctor prescribed a steroid course. The pain is unbearable. Hope it gets better.

Comment from: Juls, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

I was diagnosed last week with calcific bursitis. It was extremely painful for the first two days until the pain medicines kicked in. I couldn't move my arm at all without pain, which meant getting dressed had me in tears. The orthopedic doctor gave me a cortisone injection 5 days later and I finally had some relief. I also went to my chiropractor for dry needling to relieve the muscle inflammation. I have to do physical therapy twice a week for a month and lay off any over the head strength-training exercises going forward. I'm hoping after the inflammation is gone it doesn't flare back up. I love to work out but I'm going to have to be very careful going forward what types of exercises I do because that was some severe pain I don't want to experience again.

Comment from: Holly, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 30

I have extreme pain in my left shoulder. I have had steroid injections but they do not last long. It has gotten to the point I cannot put my bra on and any kind of reaching up or behind me leaves a throbbing pain for a few minutes in my shoulder and down to my elbow. Some days it hurts in my fingers and wrist too. I also have bursitis in my left hip. I had one in my right shoulder but the calcium deposit disappeared after physiotherapy. Unfortunately I can now no longer afford this for my left side. It is actually very depressing for me.

Comment from: Mark, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 22

I have major pain in the right shoulder. I can't sleep on my right side, and I can't lift my arm up. I use my left hand to aid my right arm (pick it up to write).

Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis