Patient Comments: CA 125 - Testing Experience

What was the outcome of your CA 125 blood test?

Comment from: Sherry60, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 16

My CA 125 recently skyrocketed to 435. I have been on Doxil and it obviously isn't working any more. I have stage 4 ovarian cancer without BRCA mutation.

Comment from: Barbara, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 27

I had abdominal pain for 2 weeks which led to a CT scan which showed 6 cm ovarian cyst and multiple omentum masses. CA 125 was 945. The protocol was to remove all of my lower abdomen and treat me with chemotherapy and radiation. I was so scared but having had leukemia at 25 years I knew nutrition was the only way to go for me. It is not easy and requires a complete lifestyle/diet change, but since starting 3 weeks ago my pain has diminished by 75 percent and I feel healthier and empowered.

Comment from: Lolly, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 16

My sister's CA125 was 4000, and six days later is 7000. She has ovarian/peritoneal cancer. She has the BRCA 1 gene mutation and has already had breast cancer, we are hoping for the best.

Comment from: Cystral, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 23

I just had a CA125 marker coming back 11. However pelvic ultrasound shows left ovary 4.5 cm x 2.5 cm with the walls of uterus having abnormal lining. I am going to see the oncologist to have total hysterectomy, am worried they may find cancer. I have no symptoms.

Comment from: kac, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 11

My mom had ovarian cancer. She has been in remission but we went back for a checkup and her CA125 has gone up from 7 to 49. Her doctor gave her chemotherapy pills to take but nothing is showing on the CT scans at all.

Comment from: Sharon, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 03

Before my operation my CA125 was 689.5. I was diagnosed with border line ovarian cyst. Since the operation it is now 36.1 and I am told this is still high.

Comment from: MARCELA, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 21

I just got my immunology tumor markers result. Test name: cancer antigen 125 (CA125), result: 10.98, and reference range: 0.00-35U/ml.

Comment from: Steffie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 14

I was diagnosed with inherited breast cancer in 2013 (the mutated chromosome on BRCA 1 was confirmed in 2015) and had a rare tumor. My oncologist has since ordered regular checkups via blood test and full body CTs. They came back clear so far. This week I had the yearly checkup for my ovaries and the gynecologist was concerned to find a 33 mm mass on my right ovary which looked like a cyst. She ordered straight away a CA125 blood test which came back today at 23. Since the value last year was 26, and the oncologist seemed extremely relaxed about it, I'm not really worried. For now my mind is at rest.

Ca 125 - Results Question: Share your experience with your CA 125 test results.
CA 125 - Cause of Elevated Test Results Question: Please describe what caused your elevated CA 125 test results.