Patient Comments: Bunions - Symptoms

How did you know you had a bunion? What were the symptoms associated with your bunion? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Joop Singh, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 27

I have been using cosmetic wedges, with the narrow end snipped off, to fit between the toes, and I have had such immense relief that I no longer think of the bunion! It keeps the toes separate, is soft, comfortable, and can be worn with some footwear. However, I use it when I go to bed; just slip it between the toes. The pain and discomfort I experienced when I wore shoes was terrible, but now there is absolute no thought of the offending bony protuberance, which is the only reminder.

Comment from: 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 08

I'm a 60 year old guy. I had one bunion and it had to be removed. Now I have one under my left big toe. It is very annoying to walk on.

Comment from: secretary, Female (Patient) Published: November 19

I had a bunion that became very inflamed and painful. My chiropractor massaged the fluid and/or tissue back into the place it came from, and the inflammation and pain were gone and the foot looked a whole lot better.

Comment from: Kruen, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: March 12

I received mine during a soccer game. My opponent and I both kicked each others foot going for the ball, causing swelling,and leaving me with a bunion. It didn't really bother me after the swelling went down besides how it looked. Now a couple years later it's starting to turn in more making it hard to walk correctly without feeling like my toe is going pop or break.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter