Patient Comments: Bronchiectasis - Types

Has your bronchiectasis progressed to a more serious type? What were the changes you noticed? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: terry, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: April 10

I was diagnosed with bronchiectasis just over 2 years ago, I have experienced all the symptoms your respondents have mentioned: runny nose, constant cough, and various mucous colorations. Recently, I had 2 episodes of bleeding. I have discontinued taking strong antibiotics. If there is no cure, why put myself through nasty reactions to medications. Fatigue has increased as well as back pain. However, I am still mobile and able to adhere to a daily routine. Doctors tell me that this condition was caused by pneumonia in early childhood.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Allergy and Asthma Newsletter