Patient Comments: Broken Foot - Diagnosis

What tests and exams did you receive that led to a diagnosis of a broken foot? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Dani, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 01

I had x-rays to confirm breaks of the 2nd and 3rd metatarsals, it was quite obvious to see in the pictures as well.

Comment from: Mvm157, Female (Patient) Published: March 02

I had an MRI scan which found 3 fractures in my foot. I had terrible pain for about 3 weeks before doing anything about going to a doctor. I did it in mid-November and it is still painful and swells by the evening.

Comment from: Shailesh, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: February 12

I had an x-ray of my foot for the diagnosis of the 3rd metatarsal bone.

Comment from: Reth, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 02

I had no tests after I broke my foot; doctors refused.

Comment from: Manish, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 20

I met with an accident 40 days ago which crushed my foot badly and I have fractured my 2, 3, and 4th metatarsals, with an open wound as well. The doctor put my foot in cast for 20 days with adequate medication also, but swelling persists after 40 days.

Comment from: Barb, 65-74 (Patient) Published: June 18

Sounds like they do nothing for broken or sprained foot, so why waste money getting it treated or even to go to see doctor! I am in severe pain, cannot walk, and need to get to work soon! I am a 74 years old female, fell in shower and twisted my foot badly!

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Skin Care & Conditions Newsletter