Patient Comments: Breast Cancer - Survival Rate

What is the prognosis for your breast cancer? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Joanne, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 07

The surgeon indicated that he 'got it all'. The molecular testing indicated that I have less than a 7 percent chance of the breast cancer returning.

Comment from: Helen, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: October 15

At the end of June 2012, I experienced sudden sharp pains in my right breast and followed through the next days with doctor visit, mammogram, ultra sound and biopsy. Within a week I learned that I have stage 4 breast cancer. I have taken Letrozole for 14 months with excellent results; however, now I have a new place in my liver, so the doctor has switched me to Tamoxifen, as of 4 days ago. I don't feel like a "survivor" at all, since I will not survive this illness and probably will not last more than 2 years. I've enjoyed my life during the past 14 months and hope to enjoy a few more months. Because I am now 82, I can face death rationally, although my mother lived to 94 ½ years.

Comment from: BJ, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

I really don't know, but I live life one day at a time, making the most of each that I have! I will celebrate 3 years of survival on 10/19, so I find that encouraging! It's not easy, some of the side effects have been on-going and the hormone therapy has its own side-effects, but I can put my feet on the floor each day, so it's all good!

Comment from: Cm, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 22

Survival rate is ok for malignant neoplasm of the breast stage 2. This is my second time, but in the other breast.

Pink Ribbon for Breast Cancer Awareness Month