Breast augmentation refers to the surgical implantation of a silicone or saline implant to give the breast a fuller appearance. Potential complications of the procedure include
- asymmetry, and
- hardening of the breast.
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment
Learn about breast cancer causes, symptoms, tests, recovery, and prevention. Discover the types of treatments such as surgery and...
Picture of Breast Anatomy
The breast refers to the front of the chest or, more specifically, to the mammary gland. See a picture of Breast Anatomy and...
Cosmetic Surgery: Before and After Photos of Cosmetic Surgeries
Thinking about getting plastic surgery? Check out before and after pictures of popular cosmetic surgery procedures, including:...
Related Disease Conditions
Breast Lumps (In Women)
Breast lumps in women can have a variety of causes such as breast inflammation, infection, injuries, cancer, and non-cancerous...
A hematoma is a collection of blood that is outside a blood vessel. There are different areas where hematomas occur including:...
Fibrocystic Breast Condition (Changes)
Fibrocystic breast condition (sometimes called fibrocystic breast disease) is characterized by lumpiness and usually pain,...
Breast cancer is an invasive tumor that develops in the mammary gland. Breast cancer is detected via mammograms, breast...
The breast, or mammary gland is made up of lobules, milk producing glands, and a system of ducts to transport milk. Both males...
Breast Enlargement Surgery (Breast Augmentation)
Second Source WebMD Medical Reference...
Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) is an illness where a person is overly preoccupied with some minor or imaginary flaw. People with...
Breast Cancer Clinical Trials
Breast cancer clinical trials are research programs designed to evaluate new medical treatments, drugs, or devices for the...
Breast Cancer and Coping With Stress
Being diagnosed with breast cancer is stressful. Learning relaxation techniques, exercising, eating well, getting adequate sleep,...
Local ResourcesFind a local Plastic Surgeon in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Prevention & Wellness
- Breast Implants Top List of Plastic Surgeries
- Health Tip: Considering Breast Implants?
- U.S. Transgender Surgeries Up 20 Percent in 2 Years
- Americans Are Spending Billions Nipping and Tucking
- With Nips, Tucks and Fat Transplants, Americans are Reshaping Their Bodies
- New Guidelines Issued on Breast, Genital Plastic Surgery for Teen Girls
- More Americans Opting for Butt Implants, Lifts
- Jury Still Out on Silicone Breast Implant Safety
- More Women Having Reconstruction Surgery After Breast Cancer Treatment
- Most Cosmetic Procedures Based on Stem Cells Are Bogus, Experts Say
- Breast-Feeding After Implants Won't Cause Sagging, Study Finds
- New Silicone Breast Implants Approved
- Implants May Delay Breast Cancer Detection, Raise Death Risk
- Before Deciding on Breast Implants, Consider FDA Precautions
- As Economy Rebounds, More Folks Try Turning Back Hands of Time
- Surgery Checklists Help OR Teams in a Crisis, Study Finds
- 'Chinplants' Fastest Growing Plastic Surgery Trend
- The Most Common Cosmetic Surgery in 2011 Was ...
- FDA OKs 3rd Silicone-Gel Breast Implant
- Health Highlights: Feb. 28, 2012
- Health Highlights: Jan. 26, 2012
- Why Many With Breast Implants Fail at Breastfeeding
- Does Mom Want a Major Makeover?
- India, China Among Plastic Surgery Hot Spots
- Cosmetic Procedures Up Overall, Steady for Teens
- Cosmetic Surgery: Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery: Extreme Makeover: Coming to a Beach Near You
- Cosmetic Surgery: Covering the Bruises
- Cosmetic Surgery : Follow-up Care
- Cosmetic Surgery: Choosing a Surgeon for Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic Surgery: New Techniques and Procedures