Patient Comments: Brain Tumor - Types

Please describe the type of brain tumor you have.

Comment from: Shirley, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: February 09

I have an arteriovenous malformation (AVM), and a benign pituitary tumor. It is inoperable due to possible rupture of AVM.

Comment from: dardar, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 01

I had a large benign brain tumor 10 years ago. Then 2 years ago I had many seizures and was diagnosed with epilepsy. For at least 6 years now my feet are numb and now my ankles aches. The doctors say I have multiple sclerosis (MS) that shows in my brain. I am still waiting to see the doctor for MS and have another month to wait. I wish I knew what to take medicine-wise to ease my pains and fear of my lack of knowledge. So scary!

Comment from: Joyce, Female (Patient) Published: April 01

I was diagnosed with brain cancer in Jan 2013. I was having trouble with my eyes shooting to the left and staying there for around 30 seconds. I was later told I had a mass the size of a walnut on my brain. I had surgery. The doctor told me I had stage IV brain cancer.

Comment from: anne, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 12

I have had very intense pain in my chest due to costochondritis, as well as bouts of awful numbness. I have found an amazing remedy; lots of yoga. It is fantastic, my symptoms are 99 percent better.

Comment from: Al Gorithm, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 06

I endured an awful weekend with fever, pain and general malaise. This morning I noticed a white spot on my gum. I barely touched the spot with a needle and foul pus erupted. I got almost immediate relief from the pressure and pain. Later the fever subsided and I felt much better. I didn't know that what I had was a dental abscess. I fear I'm going to lose the tooth but I won't know for sure until I see my dentist. Draining the abscess may not have been the right thing to do so don't use my example as what should be done.

Comment from: best, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: August 29

I just got the result of a urinary tract infection test I did and it turned out to be staph pyogenes. For over six months I have been having neck pain with swollen lymph node at the back of the neck and joint pains; and now ear pains affecting the throat, including chest and back pains.

Comment from: MRI, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 17

I was having blackouts and seizures in public, before being diagnosed with brain tumor.

Brain Tumor - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of brain tumor can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?
Brain Tumor - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment did you undergo for your brain tumor?
Brain Tumor - Surgery Question: Please describe your experience with surgery for a brain tumor.
Brain Tumor - In Children Question: Was your child diagnosed with a brain tumor? Please share your experience.