Patient Comments: Brain Hemorrhage - Symptoms

Please describe your friend or relative's symptoms associated with a brain hemorrhage. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: no-one, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 21

I had a sudden seizure from an epidural given for childbirth; sudden full body shaking and trembling while moments after doctor handed my son to me. Nurses began yelling what is happening! I had center of brain hemorrhage.

Comment from: kesava, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: February 24

Around 4 weeks ago, I woke up in sleep with severe pain approximately 1 inch above my right ear, stiff chest up to sternum and also pointed pain in my right elbow. The pain lasted for 15 minutes. It was around 1:00 am. I took a pain killer but it was of no use. My wife, being a doctor, gave me morphine with some pacifier and by 3.00 am I was okay. The next night also the same story went on. Later I was rushed to Hyderabad to a neuro-surgeon and he advised an MRI of my brain. It was diagnosed as microhemorrhage. Since the incident I developed slurred speech and tingling right thumb. I am under treatment.

Comment from: meme, (Patient) Published: November 19

On December 22, 2013 I had a hemorrhage. I don't remember anything but falling. Two days later I knew I was in the hospital. I was in ICU for two days. The day before my stroke I had a headache, nothing helped. I couldn't drive for nine months. My nerves are really bad now. I am weaker on my left side. I used a walker for about nine months. I am no longer walking with a walker and getting better.

Comment from: justblair, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 10

Bleeding from right ear, loss of speech, slurred, inability to form words, severe weakness and soreness in all muscles, face pain, and drooling were the symptoms of brain hemorrhage.

Comment from: 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 30

My brother had a stroke 5 years ago and he was put on blood thinners. He fell and hit his head this week which caused bleeding in the brain. They are waiting to see if it will dry up on its own. He says he can feel it bleeding especially when he lays down. He has a lot of speech problems and cannot concentrate to get the words out. I wonder if anybody else can you feel the bleeding in the brain besides the headaches.

Comment from: james steven v., 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 03

Nine years ago I had a brain hemorrhage. I never drink or smoked or have done drugs of any kind. My doctor who fixed me up told me I will have a brain injury for life.

Comment from: kb, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: June 17

My mom fell and hit her forehead four days ago. She went to the emergency room and they did a CAT scan and said it was all normal. She continues to have a headache and the lump on her forehead seems to be getting bigger. Her entire right side of her face is black and blue and swollen. I wonder if I should get her re-evaluated to check for brain hemorrhage.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

Two years ago I had a brain hemorrhage. I was in the hospital for almost three months. It started with a very severe pain in the back of my head which moved up the center of my head. It was the worst pain ever. I started having weakness on my left side and it felt like my eyes were moving cross eyed. I had an angiogram done at the hospital and my bleeding had stopped so I didn"t need surgery. I had light sensitivity, felt very weak, and now I still have very bad headaches. I can't find anything to help my headaches now.

Comment from: sharonr1, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I had a brain hemorrhage last Dec. 2012. I was in the hospital for 41 days before I came home. I only remember things from about 3 days before I came home. I died on the way to the hospital and was revived. I have a problem with my eyes seeing double so I wear a patch. They tell me my nerves were damaged and my eyes are "twisted" and I will have surgery in March of next year to hopefully correct them. I have a balance problem and then I have a problem with my taste. I am not paralyzed anywhere, I can walk "fairly" OK and I have gone through therapy to walk inside the house as well as outside. I do everything inside that I did before as far as cleaning is concerned except climb on a ladder (foot stool).

Comment from: Cecil, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: October 15

On May 8, 2013 I fell at 4:00 am in my bathroom. I vomited, and with the force of expelling I fell, hitting my head. My wife made me go to the local hospital. They sent me to Richmond and in two hours I had a section of my scalp removed to relieve bleeding. On May 10 (the day before my 85th birthday they again removed the scalp and with 32 stitches sent me to ICU for 10 days. and 11 more in rehab. 5 months later. I walk with occasional help of a cane, and a walker at night at home. My speech is a bit slurred, and my walk slower but no headaches yet, and no seizures. My surgeon released me to yard work but no driving until Nov.

View Understanding Stroke Slideshow Pictures
Comment from: 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: August 14

I had a brain Injury over 1.5 years ago. I still experience problems with fatigue, frustration, depression, cognitive issues (trouble learning), and anxiety. It's a lonely road a lot of the time, as nobody has any idea what you are going through. I had been taking medication to help with a lot of the symptoms which I recently weaned off but it looks like I will need to start taking again, as my recovery is ongoing. All I hope for is to be able to manage my life again fully but patience is key and staying positive.

Comment from: ANONYMOUSLY, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: April 29

I am a caregiver and mother to my son who had brain hemorrhage; his face was numb, and he couldn't breathe for a minute, cannot see well, he is under doctor's care. He still under doctor's care.

Comment from: Liv, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 30

After a heart procedure where they had placed a stent and thinned blood, my mother's blood pressure increased rapidly and she began to feel very sharp headaches, nausea and numbness to the side she received the procedure.

Comment from: Edsel, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 31

About 5 months ago I had bleeding in the base of the brain. It took me 3 months to get back to normal physical activities, including driving. Most of the physical problems like balance, sensitivity to light and loud sounds, confusion and speech are resolved. Persistent symptoms after 5 months I have not recovered from are headaches, dizziness, short memory loss, mood swings and depression.

Comment from: Nebraska gal, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

My symptoms: I began with vomiting, like with food poisoning. My Head felt like it was about to explode; it cannot be called a headache. It was worse when I tried to lie down.

View Understanding Stroke Slideshow Pictures