Patient Comments: Botulism - Cosmetic and Medical Treatments

Have you been treated with botulism neurotoxins for cosmetic or medical treatments? What are your concerns? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: patty, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I was treated with Botox (botulism neurotoxins) injection for cervical dystonia in November 2013. It did not work. I had problems swallowing/breathing/choking/dry mouth. I weighted 125 lbs height 5ft 2in before treatment and now I weigh 95 lbs. I wonder if I should be concerned that I may have botulism. I was a healthy normal 64 year old woman before I was diagnosed with cervical dystonia. Wonder if weight loss is part of dystonia.

Comment from: trichia, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 01

I had a Botox (botulism neurotoxins) injection in my face for cosmetic reasons and since then I have been very tired and my vision is impaired.

Bacterial Infections 101 Pictures Slideshow