Patient Comments: Bone Spurs - Cause

What was the cause of your bone spurs? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Emilyjeanne72, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 10

On New Year's Day, I fell down the stairs of my porch and broke my ankle, tibia and fibula. I had surgery for the tibia to put in screws and a rod. I was non-weight bearing for 8 weeks. I am walking on it now and it does hurt. I just wonder how long the pain is going to last or if it is just going to hurt forever. It has been 10 weeks since I broke it.

Comment from: Donna, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 06

I fell out of bed landed on my left arm and had it x-rayed in January. I have bone spurs on my forearm and something that starts with an 'a'. They didn't call it arthritis they said it was something else. I also have liver cancer. I have been in pain with my arm and shoulder for months, not even pain pills help it.

Comment from: KareB, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 02

My spurs are in knee and walking is difficult. Elevating and staying off is helpful.

Comment from: skincare, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 24

I had surgery on my first metatarsal bone four months ago. Post-op, I found out I have a stress fracture on the opposite side of my foot. Now I'm experiencing pain on the ball of my foot and my index toe has separated from my big toe. I need help in understanding this – I'm so disgusted.

Comment from: athena40, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 26

I have four bone spurs, two in each foot. I had two of them taken out of my left foot two years ago and they just recently came back. I knew of one in my right foot but now I have two of them the size of the ones I had in my left foot. Is there a way to get rid of them? I am in a lot of pain and I don't want to live off of medicine the rest of my life.

Comment from: Mary, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 13

I had a really bad fall just over a year ago and received soft tissue damage in my right ankle. I have been in constant pain since I got another X-ray a few weeks ago and have just been told I have a spur. Can this have been caused by the accident?

Comment from: Alisa, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 26

I am 49 and have had a bone spur removed from the top of my right foot three years ago as it was rubbing when I wore shoes. I am having two more removed next week from my left inside ankle which I have had since an injury at age 14. I also have one on my left shoulder due to another injury, however none of these have been painful which indicates to me that these are just injury related. Doctors have suggested that I have osteoarthritis but no one in my family has it and my joints are fine.

Comment from: charliesangel, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 06

I was severely overweight and work a job where I am on my feet all day. My bone spurs were in both knees and on my right foot. I have had two total knee replacements and the spurs taken off my foot. I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis about two years ago. I now have bone spurs on both wrists.

Comment from: 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: September 30

I had some arthritis in both my knees but had a recent injury with a fall on both of my knees on concrete. After the fall on concrete I had to depend on a cane because of the knee bone slipping. Within 6 months from the aggravation of the fall on concrete, I developed bone spurs and cysts on the knees. Although I had some arthritis I never used a cane until I fell on concrete.

Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis