Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Belly Fat Foods Quiz
Is belly fat deadly? What kinds of foods are good and bad for belly fat? Take this quiz to learn about belly fat, how it can be...
Physical Exam: Why Does Your Doctor Do That?
Your physical exam is when you need your doctor's expert help. Your health depends on it. Learn how doctors spot high blood...
Pregnancy: Multiple Births, Twins, Triplets, and More
Multiple births occur when a woman bears twins, triplets, or even more babies during pregnancy. More multiples are born today...
Related Disease Conditions
Obesity is the state of being well above one's normal weight. A person has traditionally been considered to be obese if they are...
Weight Loss - The Basics
There are lots of reasons for people who are overweight or obese to lose weight. To be healthier. To look better. To feel better....
Fast-food consumption and lack of exercise are just a couple of causes of childhood obesity. Health effects of childhood obesity...
Local ResourcesFind a local Doctor in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Prevention & Wellness
- Slim Down by Counting Bites Instead of Calories
- Here's More Evidence Obesity Can Shorten Your Life
- Obesity Warps the Shape, Function of Young Hearts
- More Body Fat Might Lower Odds of Breast Cancer in Younger Women
- Health Tip: Three Weight Stats That Can Predict Health
- One Weight-Loss Surgery Shows Lasting Results
- Nerve 'Zap' Treatment Could Be Alternative to CPAP for Sleep Apnea
- Women Who Gain Weight Between Babies at Higher Risk for Diabetes
- Don't Put Off Weight-Loss Surgery Till You're Heavier
- Obesity in Teen Years Tied to Colon Cancer Risk in Adulthood
- Most American Men Qualify as 'Overfat'
- Guys, a Noisy Bedroom May Not Be Good for Your Fertility
- Heavy Teens May Be Setting Themselves Up for a Stroke
- Being Thin Could Boost Stress Fracture Risk in Female Runners
- Higher Pregnancy Weight Tied to Raised Odds for Birth Defects
- 2 Billion Worldwide Are Obese or Overweight
- Who Looks Obese to You?
- Preschoolers Who Know Snack-Food Brands on Road to Obesity?
- Thick Middle May Raise Risk of Some Cancers
- 3 Key Lifestyle Factors Can Lower Breast Cancer Odds
- Emerging Treatment Could be a Weight Loss Surgery Alternative
- Race May Play Role in Obese Teens' Blood Pressure
- Obesity May Make Rheumatoid Arthritis Tough to Spot, Track
- Fitness, Not Fat, Is Key to Post-Stroke Recovery
- Obesity in Early Pregnancy May Raise Child's Risk of Epilepsy
- As Weight Goes Up, So Does Death Risk
- Race Plays Role in Heart, Diabetes Risk, Even at Normal Weight
- Obesity May Not Compromise Knee Surgery Success
- 1 in 7 Obese People Has Normal Blood Pressure, Cholesterol
- Heart Disease Kicks in Earlier for Obese People
- Dining Out Can Doom a Diet
- Exercise Beats Weight Loss at Helping Seniors' Hearts
- Another Study Ties Obesity to Certain Cancers
- More Exercise, Fewer Pounds: Cut Your Heart Failure Risk
- Belly Fat More Dangerous in Older Women Than Being Overweight
- A Stressed Life May Mean a Wider Waistline
- Genes Tied to Belly Size Also Linked to Heart Disease
- Divorce May Shrink an Older Woman's Waistline…
- Know Your Heart's Numbers
- Weight Loss Tied to Lower Risk of Uterine Cancer
- Terminally Ill Obese People Less Likely to Get Hospice Care
- Obese Couples May Take Longer to Conceive
- Heart Risks May Boost Women's Colon Cancer Risk, Too
- Dueling Quarterback Diets: Matt Ryan vs. Tom Brady
- Slim But Sedentary: Risk of Prediabetes May Rise
- Study Counters Link Between Excess Pregnancy Weight and Overweight Kids
- Does Santa's Diet, Lifestyle Earn Him a Stocking Full of Coal?