Patient Comments: Blood in the Stool - Associated Symptoms

What symptoms did you have that occurred with rectal bleeding? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Endang, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

When I went to toilet I tried to push harder to get the stool out and I felt pain at the anus and then I saw fresh red blood also came after the stools. But it stopped after I cleaned it, then I felt a bit of pain in the bottom but for a short while. And this was 3 days ago and today I saw also a bit of blood, maybe just a drop. I never have had anything like that before, but I know it is because I pushed it so hard.

Comment from: booh, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 03

I am bleeding from the anus, bright red and often in large amounts. I think I have hemorrhoids too.

Comment from: legacy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 09

My monthly cycle came on and the month prior it was for 13 days. Cycle started back up, and then my bowels were released. Blood with a tiny piece of tissue {clot} came out in my stools. I have a suspicion that I could have uterine cancer or colon polyps. I have lots of intestinal gas as well. Below my right belly button near my hip I have a weird sensation that could be PMS (premenstrual syndrome) cramps or maybe not.

Comment from: blood in stool, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 26

Along with rectal bleeding I have dizziness when straining.

Comment from: Mike, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: December 22

I have bleeding in my stool but no pain.

Comment from: Jahaddy, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 04

The last couple of time I went to the bathroom the toilet was filled with blood. And when I wipe myself there seem to be clots in the tissue.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter