Patient Comments: Blood in the Stool - Anal Fissures

Please describe your experience with anal fissures and rectal bleeding. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: VicJay, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: February 13

Occasionally, I feel some form of irritation in the anal aperture. When I go to the toilet some fresh looking bright red blood comes out at the tip of the first part of the stool that comes out. Stool following behind shows no blood. There is no pain in the anal area, just some irritation that causes some initial anal discomfort, but clears after some time.

Comment from: Anwar, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 27

I feel pain when I go to the toilet and stool contains some blood and I am also having drops on toilet paper. Sometimes it turn the toilet water pink.

Comment from: Kmj, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 16

I have had diverticulitis for 10 years, managed properly by diet, no reoccurrence. Recently I found light color blood in urine and stool. Also severe ear ache with leaking clear fluid.

Comment from: louann, Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I put on a glove and tried to pick out balls of feces because I could not pass it. When I got a couple out my hand was full of bright red blood.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter