Patient Comments: Blood in the Stool - Diagnosis

What was the diagnosis of blood in the stool? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: hare krishna, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: July 19

I am a 79 years old man traveling in USA, now suddenly noticed blood in stool. Toilet water shows red blood along with feces I do not know why. Three weeks ago I took lime rice with chilies. Since then I have had this problem. Three years ago colonoscopy was done for polyps, results were negative and the doctor said to test after 5 years, i.e. in 2020.

Comment from: Woman, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 08

I am faced with total and complete disregard for the blood in my stool and the large clots, and I have been told to live with it. Go figure. I live and breathe to tell the story.

Comment from: Tom T, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: February 28

I am 71 years old and less than 2 months ago I had a successful colonoscopy. The past two bowel movements I had a fair amount of bright red blood on the toilet paper. My fecal material appeared to not be mixed with blood. I am wondering what the cause might be! Over the years I have experienced some bright red blood on the toilet paper from minor hemorrhoids but, not had near the volume of blood that I have had on the last two bowel movements.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter