Patient Comments: Blood in the Stool - Causes

What was the cause of blood in your stool? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Ali, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 11

I had trouble with my stomach all my life but last year Christmas and New Year I spent in the hospital. It was the first time I spent time in the hospital over pains. I thought I was dying, it hurt that bad. Now almost a year later I have pain in my stomach again, not as bad but I have chills and blood pressure is high and I have blood every time I go to the bathroom, with lumps and it is dark red. Doctor give me medicine to take and I just started taking now. I will wait to see if it works and the pain in my stomach go's away.

Comment from: Auntiemj, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

Four years ago I had a sudden severe loss of blood in my stool. I was hospitalized and after 3 days of not stopping, I had an emergency surgery where a 15 inch section was removed. I had a tear in my intestine near my stomach at the top. I had no pain at all and no reoccurrences or previous history. The cause is unknown.

Comment from: log, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 15

I've had maroon colored stools for 3 days. No pain during passing of these stools so I don't know what the cause can be and how to treat it. Maybe I should go and see my doctor.

Comment from: Unkniwn, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 31

I have had blood in toilet for many years. My symptoms include abdominal pain, tiredness, swelling, and thin stools.

Comment from: manzoor a., (Patient) Published: January 27

When I eat coconut, groundnuts, meat and other such items then I find large quantity of blood in my stool. I am getting frightened to see this.

Comment from: kelm, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 16

I went to the bathroom, I had to urinate and I pushed for a bowel movement. I really didn't think I had a bowel movement. When I wiped there was blood on the paper. So I looked in the stool and it was filled with dark red blood.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter