Patient Comments: Blepharitis - Prognosis

What is the prognosis for your blepharitis? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Andy, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 03

After 3 weeks of using antibiotic eye drops I had little improvement in my blepharitis. Next, I was prescribed 100mg doxycycline hydrate to be taken twice daily for 10 days. This is the 4th day and I am 80% better. I just hope it proves to be the long term cure. I also bathe my eyelids daily with Sterilid, a product available at most drug stores.

Comment from: taurus0503, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 11

I have been experiencing the redness around my eyes only during the cold times likes winter, I don't have it the rest of the year. Lately when I use eye makeup and face powder now resulting to redness all over again which lasted sometimes a week! I have read about blepharitis but it said only on the eyelids, and mine is the skin of the lower lids, puffy red dry skin and at times itchy. I have put warm cloth and put ice cream when it itched but it keeps on recurring. I guess it will be no more make up rule from now on.

View the Eye Diseases and Conditions Slideshow Pictures