Treatment for bladder cancer depends on the stage of the disease, the grade of the tumor, and the type of bladder cancer. Options for treatment include surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, and biological therapy. Read more: Bladder Cancer Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Understanding Cancer: Metastasis, Stages of Cancer, and More
Learn the basics about cancer including types, causes, how it spreads, symptoms and signs, stages and treatment options. Read...
Signs of Cancer in Women: Symptoms You Can't Ignore
Cancer symptoms can surprise women if they don't know what to watch out for. 15 cancer symptoms women ignore such as weight loss,...
Cancer-Fighting Foods in Pictures: Resveratrol, Green Tea, and More
Experts have praised certain foods for their ability to reduce cancer risks. Learn which foods and eating strategies may help...
Health Screening Tests Every Woman Needs
What is a health screening? Why is it important to know your blood pressure? How long will your health screening take? Learn...
Bladder Cancer Symptoms, Stages, Treatments
Bladder cancer occurs when cancerous cells, often from the lining of the bladder, begin to multiply. Find more information about...
Picture of Bladder
The urinary bladder is a muscular sac in the pelvis, just above and behind the pubic bone. See a picture of the Bladder and learn...
Related Disease Conditions
Swollen Lymph Nodes (Causes, Locations, Symptoms, Treatments)
Lymph nodes help the body's immune system fight infections. Causes of swollen lymph nodes (glands) may include infection (viral,...
Bladder Infection (Cystitis)
Bladder infection is an infection of the bladder, usually caused by bacteria or, rarely, by Candida. Certain people, including...
Blood in Urine
Blood in the urine is termed hematuria. Hematuria, whether it be gross or microscopic, is abnormal and should be further...
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...
Arsenic comes in two forms, inorganic and organic. Organic arsenic poisoning is usually not poisonous to humans; however,...
Hydronephrosis describes swelling of the kidney resulting from the inability of urine to drain from the kidney into the bladder....
Chewing Tobacco (Smokeless Tobacco, Snuff)
Chewing tobacco (snuff or smokeless tobacco) has more nicotine absorbed into the system than by smoking a cigarette. Chewing...
Alzheimer's disease is a common cause of dementia. Symptoms and warning signs of Alzheimer's disease include memory loss,...
Second Source article from Government...
Urethral cancer is a rare form of cancer that primarily affects white females, people over 60 years of age, and those who have...
Cancer Risk Factors
Though it's difficult to say why some people develop cancer while others don't, research shows that certain risk factors increase...
Schistosomiasis (snail fever), a disease caused by parasites, causes a variety of symptoms and signs, such as cough, rash and...
Tumor grade is a system used to classify cancer cells in how likely the tumor is to grow, and how abnormal they look under a...
Smoking (How to Quit Smoking)
Smoking is an addiction. More than 430,000 deaths occur each year in the U.S. from smoking related illnesses. Secondhand smoke or...
Learning disabilities can cause an individual to have trouble learning and using skills such as reading, listening, writing,...
Pelvic Pain (in Women and Men)
There are numerous causes of pelvic pain in women and men. Causes of pelvic pain in women and men include: Pelvic pain...
Cancer fatigue is a lack of energy that is caused by cancer or cancer treatment, including chemotherapy, radiation, biological...
Most often, caregivers take care of other adults who are ill or disabled. Less often, caregivers are grandparents raising their...
Certain behavioral, lifestyle, and environmental factors contribute to cancer. Cancer prevention involves modifying these factors...
Disease Prevention in Men
Disease prevention in men includes routine screening tests that are part of basic prevention medicine. Take an active role in...
Disease Prevention in Women
Disease prevention in women includes screening tests that are a basic part of prevention medicine. All screening tests are...
Cancer pain results from the tumor pressing on nerves or invading bones or organs. Cancer treatments like chemotherapy,...
Bladder Cancer - Effective Treatment
What treatment has been effective for your bladder cancer?Post View 50 Comments
Bladder Cancer - Share Your Experience
Please share your experience with bladder cancer.Post View 14 Comments
Bladder Cancer - Causes or Risk Factors
Do you have any risk factors for bladder cancer?Post
Bladder Cancer - Symptoms
What symptoms did you experience with your bladder cancer?Post View 8 Comments
Bladder Cancer - Diagnosis
What led to your bladder cancer diagnosis?Post View 4 Comments
Bladder Cancer - Transurethral Surgery Experience
Please share your experience with surgery for bladder cancer.Post View 6 Comments
Bladder Cancer - Chemotherapy Experience
Did you have chemotherapy to treat bladder cancer? Please describe what it was like.Post View 2 Comments
Local ResourcesFind a local Oncologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Burning Urination
- Bloody Sputum (Hemoptysis)
- Frequent Urination
- Urinary Urgency
- Dark Urine
- Pelvic Pain
- Low Urine Output
- Blood in Urine
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Advance Medical Directives
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- Cancer Research: Going the Distance
- Cancer Pain Management with Ann Reiner
- Cancer: The Importance of Joining a Cancer Support Group with Selma Schimmel
- Cancer Patients Need Proper Diet and Exercise
- Cancer: Living Well Despite with Win Boerckel
- Cancer Treatment: Writing to Heal with Margie Davis
- Cancer Survival and Attitude with Hamilton Jordan
- Cancer: Journaling to Save Your Life
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Could Certain Hair Dyes, Relaxers Raise Breast Cancer Risk?
- 'Couch Potatoes' May Face Higher Risk of Kidney, Bladder Cancers
- E-Cigarettes Linked to Bladder Cancer Risk
- Drug Offers Some Hope for a Deadly Lung Cancer
- Low Vitamin D Levels May Raise Bladder Cancer Risk: Study
- Powerful Cancer Drugs Linked to Rare Heart Risks
- More Cancer Patients Gaining From Immune-Based Treatments
- Second, Unrelated Cancers Strike 1 in 12 Cancer Patients
- Immune-Based Drug May Help Some With Advanced Bladder Cancer
- FDA Approves New Drug to Treat Bladder Cancer
- Well Water a Suspected Cause of Bladder Cancer in New England
- FDA Suggests Limit for Arsenic in Infant Rice Cereal
- More Evidence Diabetes Drug Actos Raises Bladder Cancer Risk a Bit
- Agent Orange Linked to Bladder Cancer, Thyroid Problems, Panel Says
- Risk of Bladder Cancer Rising for Workers in Many Industries
- Study Refutes Notion That Diabetes Drug Actos Raises Bladder Cancer Risk
- Persistent UTI Symptoms May Signal Bladder Cancer
- Smoking Ups Risk of Complications From Urologic Cancers: Study
- New Cancer Classification System Might Boost Patient Outcomes
- Exercise Linked to Improved Bladder Cancer Survival
- Farxiga Approved for Type 2 Diabetes
- Family History of Cancer May Raise Risk for Other Types of Tumors
- Health Highlights: May 14, 2013
- Study Claims Marijuana Tied to Lower Bladder Cancer Risk
- Which Cancer Tests Do You Really Need?
- Cancer Death Rates Drop 20% Over 2 Decades
- Heavy Smoking May Raise Odds for Lethal Bladder Cancer
- Children of Older Parents With Cancer May Be at Risk, Too
- Depression, DNA Linked to Higher Death Risk in Bladder Cancer Patients
- FDA OKs Generic Actos for Type 2 Diabetes
- Another Study Links Diabetes Drug Actos to Bladder Cancer
- Diabetes Drugs Avandia, Actos Linked to Vision Woes
- Diabetes Drug Actos Again Linked to Bladder Cancer
- Warnings on Cigarette Packs May Keep Ex-Smokers From Relapse
- Chemo and Radiation Best for Bladder Cancer, Study Finds
- Health Highlights: Jan. 3, 2012
- Eating Rice May Raise Arsenic Levels
- Science Probes How Probiotic Yogurts Affect Your Gut
- FDA Panel Opposes New Type of Diabetes Drug
- New Drug May Help Treat Diabetes
- New Bladder Cancer Warning for Diabetes Drug Actos
- Selenium May Protect Against Bladder Cancer
- Exercise Recommended for Cancer Patients
- Cancer Treatment: Getting the Support You Need
- Cancer Treatment: Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Cancer Causing Agents - Carcinogens
- Cancer Treatment: Pre-Treatment Eating Tips
- Whole Body Scanning, Do You Really Need One?
- Cancer Pain, A Guide for You and Your Family
- Pain Control Record Chart
- Cancer and Sexual Health
- Chemotherapy and Other Cancer Treatment Side Effects
- Cancers: Leading Cancers in Women, Men, & Children
- Cancer Treatment - Managing Eating Problems
- Urinary System - How It Works!
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Cancer Report Newsletter