Patient Comments: Biorhythms - Body Clock and Illness

Have you noticed your illness symptoms are better or worse at certain times of day? Please describe what happens. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: cub19427, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 29

I have hypertension problem. I take a cocktail of medications. I have a problem controlling my blood pressure during the 5 pm to 11 pm period.

Comment from: mydogmoe53, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 17

I had back surgery 3 months ago, but still have some pain. I notice the pain gets worse at night but is usually okay during the day. I wonder if this is related to biorhythms or circadian rhythms.

Comment from: Anita, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 26

I have severe insomnia. For the past six years before my dad died of cancer (he didn't have a medical aid) I was looking after him. He had changed his day and night and because I had to be with him I also changed my day and night. I got used to staying by him three to four o'clock in the mornings and then take a nap until about 11am to get on with my household chores and taking care of my own family. My doctor prescribed Stilnox MR with Alzam 1 mg after his death but it does not work. As soon as night falls I am alert and my energy levels high even after I have taken the prescribe medicine. Recently my doctor put me on aN antidepressant Wellbutrin SR but this keeps me awake for two days at a time. I have lost over 13 kilos in the past year and am at my wits end. Am I taking the wrong drugs?

Causes of Fatigue Slideshow Pictures