Patient Comments: Binswanger's Disease - Symptoms

What were the symptoms associated with Binswanger's disease in someone you know? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: sweeteee53, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 03

Five years ago, I was diagnosed with subcortical vascular dementia of the Binswanger's type. This is truly hell. I have taken a walk around the block and have gotten lost. I am unable to drive, which really makes life difficult. I fall, drop almost everything I touch, and get so confused sometimes.

Comment from: bkelsoe, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I had had a stoke five years ago only on the left side of my brain. When I had an MRI, I had some small spots on my brain in which small blood vessels had died off. Recently I had more tests because I've had some problems with falling and sleeping at bad times while driving. I just found out I have narcolepsy, but a few weeks ago, a doctor noticed that I have a problem with talking. She sent me to another specialist, who also told me I had quite a few spots on my brain. He said they might be from high blood pressure or diabetes. I want to know why I am having other problems also, like spelling words I know. I also don't always type what I know is right and have to go back and change so many words. The doctor said he thought I was on to many meds. He didn't really help at all – he didn't look at my chart. I need some answers.

Dementia Quiz