Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Binge Eating Disorder Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Do you binge eat? Take this quick quiz to learn what binge eating is and what makes people do it....
Eating Disorders: Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating
Learn about different types of eating disorders. Discover the warning signs of binge eating disorder, anorexia and bulimia. Read...
Slideshow: Visual Guide to Binge Eating Disorder
Learn about signs, symptoms, treatment, and recovery for this eating disorder. Get to know how binge eating affects emotional and...
Related Disease Conditions
Second Source article from WebMD...
Anorexia is an eating disorder characterized by markedly reduced appetite or total aversion to food. Anorexia is a serious...
People with bulimia nervosa, an eating disorder that involves episodes of bingeing and purging, experience symptoms and signs...
Cancer Risk Factors
Though it's difficult to say why some people develop cancer while others don't, research shows that certain risk factors increase...
Cholesterol (Lowering Your Cholesterol)
High cholesterol and triglyceride levels increase the risk of cardiovascular disease. Getting your cholesterol and triglyceride...
Depression is an illness that involves the body, mood, and thoughts and affects the way a person eats and sleeps, the way one...
Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2)
Diabetes is a chronic condition characterized by high levels of sugar (glucose) in the blood. The two types of diabetes are...
Stress occurs when forces from the outside world impinge on the individual. Stress is a normal part of life. However,...
Obesity is the state of being well above one's normal weight. A person has traditionally been considered to be obese if they are...
Alcoholism is a disease that includes alcohol craving and continued drinking despite repeated alcohol-related problems, such as...
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder that causes a person to suffer repeated obsessions and compulsions....
Mental health is an optimal way of thinking, relating to others, and feeling. All of the diagnosable mental disorders fall under...
Emotional eating can be detrimental to one's efforts at weight loss. Learning to identify the situations and emotions that...
Stretch marks occur in the dermis, the elastic middle layer of skin that allows it to retain its shape. When the skin is...
Symptoms of 12 Serious Diseases and Health Problems
Learn how to recognize serious diseases and health problems like strokes, heart attacks, cancers, reproductive problems in...
Protect Your Teeth: 19 Bad Dental Habits to Avoid
Bad dental habits can wreck your teeth. Teeth grinding, chewing on ice, playing sports without a mouthguard, and eating and...
Compulsive Overeating vs. Binge Eating Disorder
Compulsive overeating is eating more than needed. Binge eating disorder involves recurrent episodes of compulsive eating, even...
Binge Eating Disorder - Personal Experience
Please share your personal or family's experience with binge eating disorder.Post View 2 Comments
Binge Eating Disorder - Signs and Symptoms
What were the signs of a binge eating disorder in a friend or relative?Post
Binge Eating Disorder - Treatment
What types of treatment did you or a relative receive for a binge eating disorder?Post
Binge Eating Disorder - Causes and Risk Factors
Were you, a friend, or relative at risk for developing a binge eating disorder? Please share your story.Post
Local ResourcesFind a local Psychiatrist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- How to Spot an Eating Disorder
- Eating Disorders Rampant on the Runway
- Many Women With Eating Disorders Do Recover, Study Finds
- 3 Treatments Seem to Help Combat Binge-Eating Disorder
- Health Tip: Talking to Your Child About Eating Disorders
- Health Tip: Binge Eating Can Harm Health
- ADHD Tied to Higher Risk of Eating Disorder in Kids and Teens
- New Binge-Eating Disorder Drug Vyvanse: FAQ
- Vyvanse Approved for Binge-Eating Disorder
- ADHD Drug Might Help Treat Binge-Eating Disorder, Study Suggests
- Autoimmune Diseases Tied to Eating Disorders
- Health Tip: Am I A Binge Eater?
- Men With Eating Disorders Often Ignore Symptoms
- Could More Time on Facebook Help Spur Eating Disorders?
- Genetic Risks for Eating Disorders, Alcoholism May Be Connected
- Bipolar Disorder May Vary Depending on Weight, Eating Disorders
- Lack of Sleep May Lead to Junk-Food Bingeing
- Strange Food Pairings May Signal Binge Eating: Study
- Young Binge Eaters Prone to Illicit Drug Use: Study
- Pictures of Fatty, Sugary Foods May Spur Cravings
- Eating Disorders in Women Over 50
- Preteen Food Choices May Help Predict Eating Disorders Later
- Why You Overeat Even When You're Full
- Depression and Binge Eating Linked in Teen Girls
- Binge Eating Often Overlooked in Men
- 12-Week Program Curbs Binge Eating
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter