Patient Comments: Bee and Wasp Sting - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with Bee and Wasp Sting. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Horsefly74, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: July 26

I got stung by a wasp just below my left knee on the inner side of my leg. The next morning I had much soreness and pain in my left knee which is still very painful even now, and today is day three since I got stung. I am wondering if the joint pain could be from the sting.

Comment from: Gary, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 21

I disturbed a wasp nest by running into a shrub with a mower. A swarm of yellow jackets literally attacked the vibrating mower which I had to abandon until it was clear. I was stung 10 times from my legs, stomach, arms and neck. The swelling and pain worsened throughout the evening even with the use of home remedies such as vinegar and OTC steroids. After 24 hours the itching and swelling grew to about 4 inch diameters of the associated stings.

Comment from: Sandoz, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 11

In summer 1999, I was stung in the back of the neck by an Africanized wasp. I suffered severe headache, weakness, and light sensitivity for two straight months. The lump left behind has never gone away, and periodically over the years I squeeze a thick, black, foul smelling substance from it.

Comment from: Barry, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 01

About 4 months ago, I grabbed a wasp nest with my left hand. I got stung 5 or 6 times on my ring finger and little finger. Little finger is fine now, first joint on ring finger closest to the nail is fine, but the ring finger joint closest to my knuckle still hurts badly when cold or jarred suddenly. I have been applying ice and wrapping it with sports tape to help it from moving very much. Both the ice and tape help but the pain is still there!

Comment from: JAW, Female (Patient) Published: November 05

I got stung by a queen bee that flew into a moving car back in the spring. It stung three times in my right leg, around the ankle and thigh (it flew up my pants). There was swelling and burning for a few hours and I'm not allergic to bees, but since the incident there's pain in my ankle specifically when I rotate it and sometimes there's sharp pains that shoot to my knee when I stand up.

Comment from: JPArch, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 13

I disturbed a ground nest of yellow jackets. They swarmed me and stung me 5 or 7 times. However, one of the stings on my leg near the ankle feels like a jagged knife is cutting me, even 8 hours later. Then it will just pierce me in pain, then go back to feeling like a laceration. Totally surprised by how much these stings hurt, so many hours later.

Comment from: DSW, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 12

I was sitting on my legs pulling weeds in the garden when I was stung through my jeans on the inside of my knee by a small bumble bee. These bees had been aggressive all summer stinging me before and stinging my dog, both unprovoked. The first time I was stung in the back. It swelled to the size of a baseball, was painful, red and hot, but went away after a week. The sting on my leg was not near as painful and swelling, and went away in two days. That was two months ago and I have severe pain in that area when I try to bend my leg or when I first stand up after sleeping or sitting. There is no sign of swelling or redness. I am not sure what to do about it.

Comment from: easttxmom, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 17

A red wasp stung me on the inside of my thumb. I immediately put ice on it and some OTC itch medicine. I don't have allergies, but my thumb was very red and swollen and seemed to be worse the 2nd day. I made a paste of apple cider vinegar and corn starch and kept that on my thumb for 2 days wrapped in gauze. The spot turned purple like a bruise and today is day 5. I can move my thumb, touch it without pain, and the swelling is almost gone, finally! Aloe vera plant seemed to help a lot also. Take care around hanging plants; it was lurking in my Boston fern when it got me!

Comment from: MoodyMonkeeMom, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 06

I accidentally disturbed a nest of yellow jackets and received 7 stings. Most were very painful, however 2 of them were agonizing. They were located on the inside of my foot. I had 2 other stings on that foot as well. Nothing relieved the excruciating pain and after 5 hours of suffering I went to the emergency room where I of course waited another 2 hours before receiving any treatment. Two heavy duty prescription pain pills and numbing cream only took the worst edge off and I was able to sleep that night intermittently. They said I am not allergic, however my brother is and was rendered unconscious one time. All the other stings' pain was manageable, not sure why those two were so bad. Next day, it is still painful and itchy but much more normal.

Comment from: maria, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 17

I stupidly sprayed a wasp nest underneath the ivy in my chimney and while the insects came out and were buzzing around me, I had no idea that they could attack 90 an miles hour in a straight line. I felt like I was shot with a bullet in the neck. It was painful the first day, but seemed better the next. The third day it was red, throbbing and swollen 6 inches in diameter all around the sting. I went to urgent care and they put me on antibiotics and steroids. It has been 8 hours and nothing changed. I am hoping to be better in 24 hours. It seems so ridiculous and the wasp nest is still there. They told me to leave it alone till winter, so now I don't go in the yard! Doctor told me wasps are worse than bees, as they are dirtier. Great.

Comment from: Ladyj11347, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 13

I was trying to knock down a nest forming on my porch. It wasn't empty. I was stung by yellow jacket. I do not see a stinger, but the bite area was red and swollen a little. I applied After Bite to the sting. The swelling is almost gone, but it is still red. But I do have a really bad head ache.

Comment from: cleverknc, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 10

I was stung three times by yellow jackets on my leg. Yellow jackets are wasps, and the stings hurt. However, 11 hours later, I was still in severe pain. The bites themselves were not red or swollen but the pain was unreal. OTC medicines did nothing. Ice and baking soda helped, but I had to replace the ice frequently to stand the pain. Ended up at Urgent Care and got a steroid shot and Lortab for the pain. My advice is that if it still hurts after 6 or 8 hours, see a doctor. Otherwise, you may be up all night icing them down.

Comment from: FLGrammy17, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: June 09

I stepped on something in the grass that stung me two days ago on the instep above the sole of my foot. It hurt so bad I could barely walk back to the house about 30 feet. I could see the single sting hole. Looked just like the picture here of a wasp or bee sting. We have both bee and wasp in the area and I did not see the offender.

Comment from: O well, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 24

My husband was stung by 20 plus Yellow Jacket bees 4 years ago. He still swells up in his tongue, groin, eye, thumb, foot, etc., always only on one side, usually on the left but sometimes on right. We never know when it will happen, 2 or 3 times in 2 weeks or not for a month. It seems worse in summer.

Comment from: LF, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 04

I was stung by a bee over the summer. I was lying in the sun on the lawn chair and I had my bathing suit on. I could hear the bee buzzing around but didn't think too much about it, the next thing I know the bee was dive bombing. He landed in my groin area and I didn't have time to get up before he stung me. I managed to get the stinger out right away. It hurt for a day or so but I noticed the following week it was red, swollen, hot, itchy, and was painful. I put ice on the area and eventually it went away. I was wondering if that was normal to have a worse reaction a week later then the same day it happened.

Comment from: ejg1105, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 22

I was stung by a wasp once on back of hand and three times under shirt on side of waist. The day after, I developed extreme swelling in hand, itchy and painful. I became very tired and my joints hurt. I applied ice and am taking Benadryl. Two days later and I'm still with swelling and in pain; going to the doctor.

Comment from: Triquetra331, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 12

I was stung by a bee... twice by the same one. It somehow flew up my pant leg, got stuck - go figure - on my left outer thigh, about 2 years ago. I was 33 years old and it was my first sting ever. It was awfully painful, but didn"t swell or itch much. But in that same spot, it is still painful if any pressure is put on the spot.

Comment from: Monica, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 04

I was stung by a honeybee in July 2013. The honeybee was in my backpack, when I reached my arm in, the bee got caught between my arm and the bag and stung me. It swelled immediately where it first entered with the stinger but an inch down from the entrance swelled 2 inches puffy. It went down after a couple of days and then exactly 7 days to the hour I was stung a huge rash broke out and I got very sick. My doctor said the stinger went under my skin and was still inside. I lost insurance and couldn't go back. Now, 7 months later, I still have a 2 inch puff zone and if I press on it the rise hurts and I feel it for 10 minutes. It looks normal though with no rash or anything. I can't find anything like this anywhere on the web.

Comment from: Brenda, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

I was stung by a honey bee on my right eyelid on Jan. 1, 2014. Five days later I am still experiencing swelling of the area around my eye. I was seen in the emergency room the same day of the incident, because my head hurt extremely badly and my eye was swollen shut. I received a steroid shot and Vicodin for the pain. I have been taking Benadryl and using ice packs for the swelling. Each morning I wake up it is as swollen as the day it happened.

Comment from: adgsgasdf, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 08

I once stepped on a wasp nest and dozens of them flew up my pant legs and stung me mercilessly. Too many stings to counts and was very painful at the time but by the next day it was just small red dots, not really itchy and not as bad as mosquito bites.

Comment from: Gigi, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

I don't know what stung me! I got in my car and felt a sting on my neck, reached to feel it and there was a bug/bee or something attached. I panicked and screamed slapping it from my neck, then opened my car door to fan it out of the car. It looked like a black speckle bug. I then pinched the area with my fingers and pulled out the stinger which looked like a spiral green/white or black/white point. My neck was throbbing with pain. My friend put wet tobacco on the area to pull out the poison. After a few minutes, my neck felt better, but I still felt the pain. After taking a bath that night, I noticed a long welt going down my neck from the sting, like someone had scratched me. It was as painful as the sting. I put ointment on it and it burned like crazy! When I woke up the next morning, there were knots in my neck, starting at the sting and down the area where the welt was! I'm going to the doctor!

Comment from: Maggie, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 30

Last summer I was stung about nine times on both legs by yellow jackets. (I was mowing the lawn and ran over their ground nest.) I have been stung before by wasps and bumble bees, but this was awful. Due to the many stings on two limbs, I was told I should have sought medical attention, but instead I applied icepacks and took diphenhydramine (Benadryl). The stings were intensely painful for about seven days and caused severe itching for about five days. What is strange is that I developed a red lump around one sting (the only one that did not itch, so I didn't scratch at it) and that took forever to heal. I still have a reddened area like a scar there. It is almost as if the tissue surrounding the sting died even though it did not appear necrotic nor did it slough off. This was my first yellow jacket stinging, and I could not believe how painful the stings were. I have a fairly high tolerance to pain as I have fibromyalgia and other chronic pain, but I was miserable unless I was in the recliner with ice packs over each sting.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 07

I was stung in the mouth by a wasp five weeks ago and had a severe anaphylactic reaction. I was prescribed prednisolone 5mg at 8 per day for 4 days and also 3 hayleve tablets daily. when I stopped the medication severe facial swelling returned. I looked like I had been attacked. I was put on the same medication for four more days and when I stopped the swelling returned. My GP then said continue with prenisolone (8 a day) for 2 days, then 6 for two days etc., etc. until I reached one and then zero tablets. When I got down to four tablets the swelling started to return until I became unrecognizable. I am now back on prednisolone (8 per day) until I can see an immunologist early in October.

Comment from: berniemay, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 11

I was swimming, when I was stung by a hornet. I immediately felt a burning sensation where I was stung on the inner thigh. Within minutes, my thigh swelled up to twice its size. Shortly after that, I got hives, my airway started constricting, and my tongue swelled up. I was brought to the local hospital where the doctor gave me three shots. To this day I carry an Epipen.

Comment from: William C., 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 03

I took up beekeeping six months ago and have two hives, one that I grew from a captured swarm and another that I took on after someone in my neighborhood moved and let it behind. That second hive was always aggressive and I took special care when working around it; they're highly defensive and start bumping into my bee suit the moment I take the lid of the hive, no matter how long I've smoked them or how many precautions I take. Last weekend I opened up the hive and in the process of bending down to pick up a tool, part of my bee suit opened up and a bunch of aggressive bees flew in and made their way up my back to my face. I wound up getting stung 40 or 50 times. I got away from them okay, but because I passed out a couple of times my wife took me to the emergency room.

Comment from: LovelyLaura, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 17

I was stung by a bee and immediately felt the effects. The pain subsided in 2 days and the swelling several days after that. But 9 days later, the same bite site began to itch terribly, a little pain returned and my hand re-swelled.

Comment from: Marley, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 23

I think I hit a bee/wasp while riding my bike. Something hit my upper chest by my right shoulder and then I felt a minor sting. I swatted the insect away, but never really got a chance to look at what it was because I was going so quickly. I've since experienced a raised red rounded swelling that is sore to the touch but that is also itchy.

Comment from: seraphine, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 17

I got stung by a wasp at 6:30 pm and it left a mark and I have been feeling nausea and don't want to eat or drink anything. It's my first time getting stung and I don't know if I am allergic to wasps.

Comment from: Bill, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: October 08

I was stung by a wasp 3 days ago on the right side of my face, near my right eye. Within a minute my vision clouded over so I could barely see. I lay down on the couch and my vision returned after a few minutes. I then stood up and my vision blurred again, though not as badly. I lay down again for a while and when I stood up again, my vision was clear. Then other symptoms developed: swollen lips itch all over and, then my right eye closed, swollen for 3 days. We didn't have anything in the house so I only took Reactine the next day. I'm making arrangements now to get an EpiPen. I've been stung before, but never had much of a reaction before.

Comment from: PaulyB, 75 or over Female Published: February 01

I have had a problem with wasp and mosquito stings all my life and as I get older they are getting worse. When travelling I now take an Epipen, antibiotics and numerous creams. I have been to the Hospital to see an expert who said I am not bad enough to go into their treatment program. I don't know how bad you have to be! Once when stung on my finger the skin peeled back for 5 days and I had my arm in a sling and had to visit the doctor twice a day - if this isn't bad!! What is? I do everything that is suggested to avoid wasps but nothing works and I mean nothing I just have to hope that I don't get stung again and this is stressful during the summer months particularly September. I cannot remember the amount of times I have been to the hospital and clinics when abroad and in the UK which is quite miserable when on holiday. If anyone has the answer please let me know. Obviously they just like me.

Comment from: Alex, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 29

I was stung by bees more than one week ago in three places. One even went up my pant leg and stung me on my thigh! Now I have rashes on my neck, inner upper arm, abdomen, and inside the thigh area. It's a very itchy and raised flat rash. I woke up yesterday with a new area of rash. Finally, I went to the urgent care yesterday after five days of treating it myself with Benadryl and over the counter cortisone. I have been on prednisone orally and prescription triamcinolone and atarax. I have no changes so far.

Comment from: Marsbars, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 01

I have total of 30 wasp stings on my arms, feet, hands, and legs. I am allergic to them and have a horrible rash around all of them. I am the only one that got bit at a party. I do not wear perfume, only deodorant. All bugs attack me. While waiting for a train, the ants bite my feet. Fly's are always attacking me too. I use unscented Lubriderm lotion. I take a shower every day. Bugs just love me. I guess even if it is 100 degrees I will have to wear long sleeves and pants. I don't know what to do.

Comment from: Mom, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 18

My son was bitten by a wasp just under his eye yesterday. We gave him Benadryl and applied ice. In the morning it was swollen shut. We continued with Benadryl and ice during the day and it is about half open but very puffy underneath. He is 14 and has had no allergic symptoms nor is the eye draining. It is slightly red around the eye, but I think that may be from the ice. He did complain that the gland behind his ear on that side of his face felt swollen tonight.

Comment from: trishc, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 01

While looking for a lost kitten, I reached into a hedge, and a wasp stung me on the base of an index finger. The burning and itching started immediately. I washed the area and packed some baking soda on it. (I heard it helps draw out the venom.) The next morning, I couldn't close my fist. I went to the medical clinic and was told to come back if it got any worse. Of course, it did the next day. I returned and they started me on a methylprednisolone regiment. After less than 12 hours, the swelling and itching stopped. I am currently on the third day of the six-day regiment.

Comment from: Jshurtz01, 45-54 (Patient) Published: October 18

I just came inside and felt something on my neck and reached back. A yellow jacket stung me. I put baking soda on it and it did not seem to draw anything out. My pinky (where I was stung) is swollen. I have taken 2 Benadryl tablets and put Benadryl cream on the area.

Comment from: mrgoodwrench, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 13

I just got stung by a yellow jacket and have broke out in rashes all over my body and itch severely. I've been stung many times but have never experienced this.

Comment from: Kelsiiirae, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: August 13

I was stung by a red wasp the other day and its turning purple around the sting.

Comment from: jen9452, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 05

I was stung in the finger. I believe twice, by a yellow jacket. I immediately scraped the area to remove the stinger. 2 days later my finger is very swollen to the point that I can't bend it and itches terribly. It feels very hot and the heat seems to radiate up my forearm. I am a little sick to my stomach too. I have applied Benadryl topically and ice with little relief. One more day and I will probably seek medical treatment.

Comment from: Anthony W, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: August 05

I was at my friends grandparents, he was weedwacking and i was watching suddenly a whole swarm of wasps from the tree in the yard started attacking me. Luckily I only got stung like 5 times. It didnt hurt as bad as i thought and we all found it quite humorous!

Comment from: naila, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 09

i just got bit. it was hiding in the thrown used cloth in the bathroom. i stepped on that clupmped dress with my wet feet when i stepped out of the shower. felt like a big needle went through from underneath my feet. i withdraw and called my husband right away. the intense pain went down in a couple of minutes then after some minutes now it feels like pins and needles in the area around in the affected feet.

Comment from: Kbcale, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 29

I was stung in the stomach and above the knee two days ago. Both areas are red, burning and pretty badly swollen. The bug bite solutions are not helping.

Comment from: Dawn, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 19

I was stung by a wasp a month ago within seconds my whole hand tuned dark purple and the finger i was stung on continued to swell like a balloon. I have to take Benadryl and an Epi-pen due to the severity of my allergy. I usually have trouble breathing. I was lucky that I was across the road from the doctor when I got stung.

Comment from: Cheryl, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 27

I have been allergic all my life. I swell in a large area with the usual terrible itchiness. On my last sting, my symptoms changed for the worse. I still have the swelling and itchiness, but also, depending on the limb stung, I will have a severe pain up the entire limb all the way to my shoulder and neck -- or hip if it's the leg -- and it lasts about 12 hours. At first, after the sting, I feel the venom travel along with the pain up to my shoulder and neck, then it stays, and is agonizing! I did not go to emergency room or a doctor; I went to bed in the evening with the pain and had it all night. Next time, I will go to the ER or my doctor.

Comment from: Ouch!, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 27

I was stung by a yellow jacket on my arm two days ago. It is continuing to swell and seems to be moving into my hand. No other allergic reactions, so I think I'll give it another day, but ouch! And it itches like crazy!

Comment from: punkin80, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 26

Last August, I was mowing the grass and apparently ran over a ground nest of very aggressive yellow jackets. Within seconds I was stung 13 times on the legs. I looked up on the computer what to do. I called my doctor, and he said take Benedryl, and I should be fine. I got up the next morning and was deathly sick. I was dizzy and throwing up over and over. The stings themselves were swollen about three inches and were red. I took a Medrol pack, and that helped. I am now undergoing bee venom therapy in hopes that will reduce my reaction if it happens again. I'm 51 years old and never had anything like this until now.

Comment from: Rod, 55-64 Male Published: September 16

I was stung in the back of my head by a yellow jacket in the morning. Throughout the day and night, I have had a headache.

Comment from: lw, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 16

I got stung by a wasp on my toe. I was wearing sandals and I never saw the thing in the grass. My toe and foot are so red and very swollen. I never knew it could be so painful! Ugh.

Comment from: Grandmom, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 24

I had a wasp sting. It was a hot, red, enlarged lump. It itched, and I had throbbing pain that continued into the next day.

Comment from: so47, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 02

I have been a hobby beekeeper for over a year. Stung multiple time, no problems. Kind of like fire ants, w/out the welts. (itch and burn for a few days) one day, pulling frames(honey), got bit twice. Knew I was in trouble right away. It felt like cotton was pushing down on all of me. Tried to get to the house but only made it a few yards. Family called 911. I "crashed" on the way to the er. Had to stay the night.

Comment from: George B., 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 11

My wife was stung by a Wasp two days ago. She still has redness on arm stung on and has been very tired and wants to sleep.

Comment from: Muffin, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: October 13

I got a wasp sting on my finger two weeks ago. Now skin is peeling from that area. No redness or sign of infection.

Comment from: mel x, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 01

I got stung on Friday out back at work on the back of my leg I got a fright as I've never been stung b4. My workmate cut an onion in half and held a piece on my leg. It worked perfect, but I got stung again yesterday (Monday) this time on the same leg but on the front. I tried the onion, vinegar nothing worked my leg is like a balloon and the pain of it is horrible!!! I headed to the hospital and they gave me Chrlophenamine and Diclofenac. Let's pray that these work after spending 100 euro for them and today.

Comment from: Stacy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 17

I got stung on the top of my middle finger by a wasp yesterday and I immediately put on the baking soda. I put other cream on as well. It is swollen and also now my hand is swollen and it is itching like crazy. I have even taken Benadryl but the swelling and itching is continuing.

Comment from: Stewart, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 24

I was stung twice on the temple and once on the shoulder by a yellow jacket wasp. I had been stung by the same wasp 8 weeks earlier. Initially, I had the usual pain of a wasp sting. After over a minute it got more painful and I became dizzy. I sat down and immediately developed a red rash with intense itching. I became disorientated, and decided to take a cold shower to ease the itch. Now I have a metallic taste in my mouth. I lost consciousness in the shower for a minute. I had to be assisted by my wife to my feet. I attempted to get to the car to get to hospital and recognized that I was having an anaphylaxis, I asked hospital to ready epinephrine. I collapsed again, this time without detectable breathing and pulse. I regained consciousness in the car on the back seat. I made it to hospital where immediate epinephrine was administered. I also developed incontinence, severe abdominal pain, burning feet and vomiting. It took 6 hours to get systolic constantly above 90 mmHg for transport to larger hospital ICU. Uneventful recovery.

Comment from: Julia, 0-2 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 16

My daughter received two stings from paper wasps as we approached a nest during the day. We were unaware of it being there. One sting was on topside of the wrist and one was on the forehead. There was localized redness and a small puncture mark-ice pack applied and little inflammation. After 15 minutes of observation, no major reaction. If itchiness or inflammation occurs I will give antihistamine.

Comment from: Deck, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 26

Our 13 year old daughter was stung by a yellow jacket 48 hours ago and the sight (thigh) has continued to grow red, hard, increasingly swollen, hot (actually has a temp of 100.2) and is developing hives. She is not developing breathing difficulties.

Comment from: RUNE190, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 02

One week ago I was stung by some kind of bug on the back of my upper arm. The spot stung where I was bitten. As of yesterday, exactly one week later I have a rash spreading down from around the bite to my elbow. It is a red area slightly raised and extremely itchy. The size of this area is about 8 inches long by 2.5 inches wide.

Comment from: samboiscool, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 02

I was stung last night on my left thigh. It is swollen and red from my hip to my knee in front and back. It is twice the size of my right leg. There is pain sitting or standing.

Comment from: paula, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 26

3 days ago my 11 year old son was stung by a large wasp. He has been stung before, but has never had a reaction like this one. In the beginning it looked like a normal sting. Now it has a huge purple area surrounding the sting and it also has heat on it. I looked fine until today when it turned that color. I am getting worried. you very much.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Allergy and Asthma Newsletter