Patient Comments: Bee and Wasp Sting - Prevention

Share tips and suggestions for preventing a bee or wasp sting. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Martha, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 26

The x-ray showed I have a cracked 10th rib. It happened when I tried to catch something that was falling onto the floor, from my walker as I was going from my kitchen to the living room. I think I twisted my body or reached out or something in a strange way. I am almost 86 years old. It has been about six weeks ago since this happened. I wonder how long it takes to heal a cracked rib. I still have pain, especially when I have to breathe deeply.

Published: July 31

Other than bundle up in a mountain of clothes or never go outside it's not all that easy to prevent. Staying calm is the most important thing. If you're trying to swat at it, it may just swat back. If you know where some are and can get rid of them, do so or just stay out of the area.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Allergy and Asthma Newsletter