Patient Comments: Bee and Wasp Sting - Medical Help

Did you see a doctor for a bee or wasp sting? Please describe your experience. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Deborah, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 24

I am here in Florida and got stung by something that I had never seen. It looked like a wasp or fly and was large. It was quite painful, so I iced it and tried to sleep. It was getting even more swollen and painful, and the next morning I couldn't walk very well. I went to the hospital and they told me I had an allergic reaction and had cellulitis. I'm on Keflex and doing a baking soda and water paste for the itching and it's helping. They gave me a prescription for, an EpiPen and said many people have severe reactions to stings and it's not to be taken lightly. Apparently cellulitis can be fatal, so go to the hospital immediately when you have swelling and pain.

Comment from: tbradford01, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 29

I was stung by a small insect like bee. It left no stinger and I used home remedies to treat it including ice to prevent swelling. Two days later it swelled and there is a red scaly patch and it itches like crazy but burns when I scratch it. I wonder if this is an allergic reaction.

Comment from: Rose flower, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 24

I got stung right under my eyebrow on Saturday, and the area got red, swollen, and itchy on Tuesday. I have no idea why it took so long to react.

Comment from: Sondra, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 29

I was stung by a wasp on my finger on Tuesday, it is now Saturday and the whole back of my hand is swollen and itchy.

Comment from: gale, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 09

I was stung a week ago and had to be transported to the hospital by EMS. I still have some itching and swelling. I am severely allergic to wasp stings. I had to go back to the doctor several days later when my throat started swelling. The doctor gave me more medicine.

View 10 Common Allergy Triggers