Patient Comments: Bedbugs - Prevention

How have you prevented bedbug infestations from recurring in your home? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Paul G, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 27

We used a product called Bugright, it is all natural and it is great to know it is safe around children and pets. Bugright killed all crawling insects around our home.

Comment from: anthrogeek49, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I had purchased a used couch and I started getting bites on me. I took the couch outside of the house and torched it. I set the beds and the furniture someplace where the fire won't spread, and just burnt it up, it's not worth keeping once it has been infected with bed bugs.

Comment from: learningevryday, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 16

Be sure that you monitor everything people bring into your house. If you have roommates or relatives that like to “dumpster dive,” make them go through everything outside before bringing it in.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Skin Care & Conditions Newsletter